“Very cool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loft Hotel

You added Loft Hotel to your Saves list
Loft Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   334 Terrasse St Denis, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1E8, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Special Offer
Half off second night
Ranked #83 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
New York City, New York
“Very cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Loft Hotel in Montreal and enjoyed it very much. The rooms are very cool, the staff was extremely helpful, the location was excellent. I ended up using the metro quite a bit which I didn't expect because it was close and the staff was so helpful in helping me find my way around. The only real negative criticism that I would leave is that the towels are very thin and the bathroom could use some sprucing up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

First off, this hotel has a ton of potential! great location and really awesome concept. HOWEVER, it is being mismanaged in an epic way. The reception is often manned with what seem like teenagers (attitude, behaviour, appearance) and it is FILTHY. On my first night I mentioned that the hallway looked like it had not been swept in weeks and there was hairballs. The girls at reception giggled about that. 4 days later and guess what???? Still hairballs in hallway. How hard would it be for them to get a broom and sweep!?!?!? On my last evening I asked reception some questions and she was eating McDonalds right on the desk while she spoke with me. SO UNPROFESSIONAL! My room was only cleaned ONCE on the first day I was there. There was what appeared to be semen stains on the couch and it was disgusting. I left a note to clean it up and the note was still there in my room upon check out (since no one had cleaned in 3 days). Overall, this hotel was a giant disappointment and I won't stay here on my next trip. It was DIRTY and highly overrated. I would seriously recommend people look to the Hotel Kutuma if they are looking for a pleasing boutique hotel experience (they were full on my stay so I tried The Loft instead). The Loft Hotel falls short in a BIG way:(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Loft Hotel for one night. We were very impressed by the room, location, and staff. However, we were there on a Saturday night and there was a large wedding taking place in the ballroom right down the hall. It was extremely loud. The music and people made it impossible to sleep. At midnight we called the front desk and they were very accommodating and moved us to a room on the main floor. Although they were helpful, we were still upset about the inconvenience. If you stay there, make sure you request a room that is not near one of the ballrooms or make sure there are no events going on.

Stayed September 2013
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel has huge rooms as they are apartment/lofts. No restaurant, room service, gym yet prices that reflect other high end hotels that do. The towels were small and only 2, shower leaked, and bathroom is tiny.Not sure how they stay in business as everyone was complaining upon check out. If you want to spend a lot of money for nothing - this is the place for you.
Montreal is a great city with many many better hotels for the same or less $.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Comox, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recommend to anyone contemplating a stay at the Loft Hotel that upon arrival, he or she carefully examine the entire room and contents, including the undersides of duvet covers and pillows. Any damages or incongruities should be photographed by the guest, and problems IMMEDIATELY reported to the front desk (and get that person's name for your records).

As I was getting into bed the first night, I noticed two large burn holes (+1" in diameter) on the underside of the duvet cover. There was distress in the fabric around the burn sites that indicated the burns were not new, and the duvet underneath the holes had absolutely no damage. Because of these factors, in the morning I just photographed same, merely assuming the housekeeping was a bit shoddy.

Upon returning to the room later in the day, I was shocked to discover an aggressive letter from management accusing me of smoking in the room, damaging the cover, and stating that I had been charged $150.00 Cdn. in damages. (What happened to innocent until proven guilty? And why was there absolutely no odor of second-hand smoke in the room?)

While honest mistakes happen and the situation was rectified by the time I checked out, having such grievous accusations directed to a non-smoker resulted in my feeling both victimized and downright scammed.

As a former Montreal resident who was showing her beloved city to a West Coast friend, I chose the hotel primarily for its location. That said, in the 35 years since I lived there, Montreal has grown into an exceptionally easy city to navigate by a number of inexpensive and speedy transportation options. Next time I'll stay in one of the exquisite and similarly priced boutique hotels in Old Montreal.

Thanks for the memories, Loft Hotel. You won't see me again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Laguna Hills
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The worst hotel experience of my life!

My boyfriend and i travel a lot due to his line of work, and honestly this is the worst experience we have ever had. We were in town with many other hotels guests (including the bride/groom) for a wedding and all stayed here. Our original room was located in the basement, which was very hard to find, scary, and felt like a dungeon. The room itself had minimal lighting and a damp basement odor. I was very uncomfortable and we could hear noises throughout the room, we notified the front desk of our dissatisfaction with the room and were told we could switch rooms in the morning. My bf ended up getting into an arguement with the staff that next morning as they denied the room switch when he went to get our new keys. After much back and forth they finally agreed to switch our room to one that was not in the basement, but this room had it's own set of issues. The rooms are very big and nicely decorated but that is about all the you get with you stay here. The hotel staff was extremely rude, our new room had broken lightbulbs which they did not fix. Our other friends room did not have a working AC /Heat, the kitchen area of the room is missing basic kitchenware, the dishwasher comes with no dishsoap, and there is no extra toilet paper/towels/blanket/pillow. Every time you use the shower you have to walk to the front desk to get another towel. This hotel is fairly expensive nightly so we thought some accommodations would be able to be made, especially for a group of our size there for such a special occasion, but everyone was very hard to deal with. We realized the bride and groom were also dissatisfied as their suite did not even have closet space for the brides dress or anything else. Another couple also had to be moved due to their room condition as well. The housekeeping is sporatic, one day they came and one day they did not. When asked for them to come clean on the day they missed we were told they went home for the day and it was just the afternoon. It was overall a really horrible experience. All guests that were in town for this wedding that stayed at this hotel had issues, including the bride/groom, it was not just us. We would never recommend this hotel to anyone and ALL left saying how bad of an experience we had and how unhelpful the staff was. Never again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Loft hotel in an executive suite this past weekend as a date night away from the kids. The first room that we were checked into (610) looked great but was freezing cold and the toilet didn't work, I called front desk and she immediately changed our room to #606 which was even nicer. It had a separate room for the second bed which was good because this room was also very cold but we were given a space heater for the bedroom which helped. It was so cold that we turned to oven on to try and warm up the main living area. The room was huge and nicely decorated, but did not have the iPod docking station that was promised. Once you start to settle in you notice how many things are in a state of disrepair, broken pane of glass on the bedroom door, broken blinds so we couldn't open them to enjoy the view, cracked tiles on the shower floor with gross stains in the corners, hair dryer doesn't work, toilet seat is wobbly. We enjoyed our stay but definitely felt over charged, you are paying for the square footage and not for quality.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Loft Hotel? Share your experiences!