“5 stars for service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal

Save Saved
You added Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal to your Saves list
Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   980 Boulevard de Maisonneuve, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1M5, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #19 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Livingston, New Jersey
“5 stars for service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Love this hotel. Great location, fabulous staff, amazing perks (room to room free snacks in the afternoon). You get far more than you pay for. Neighborhood of hotel is nice too, and a short walk to most all of the town (or take the train across the street).

Room Tip: If facing street, higher is better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just returned from a short trip to Montreal where I stayed at the Hotel St martin and I was eager to share what an exquisite property this boutique hotel is!
From the friendly and intelligent multi lingual reception desk personnel, the very effective and convenient valet parking and the perfect downtown location! I was conducting business at the Belgium Consulate, literally across the street, minutes away, and could not have dreamt of more convenience. What I did not expect was how beautifully appointed my room was. I usually stay at Hampton Inn Hotels when traveling because of their consistent comfortable beds (I have a bad back). I have to say that the king size bed in room 1203 was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, including my home bed. It was like sleeping on a cloud! (Pillow top mattress, plenty of large fluffy pillows, luxurious cotton sheets). I wish I had been there for a romantic get away with my husband. The room was delightfully decorated with beautiful design wall paper ,tasteful art, a fire place, a glass enclosure shower, a beautiful marble top bathroom vanity, a convenient make up mirror, a Keurig coffee pot, a mini-bar fridge filled with drinks, a flat screen tv, and plenty of cabinet space for clothing. Some chocolate treats were also available at an extra cost. Wifi Internet access was complementary. There was also a computer in the main lobby with printer access for customers. I did not have a chance to check the gym or other facilities because the hotel location made it the perfect place to explore Montreal. It is located minutes away by foot from Peel Street where the Tourism Office is, and the departure for the Gray Line Hop-on-hop-off city double Decker tour. No car needed for this hotel! And people like me, with ambulatory issues, can get around very conveniently! It is in a very active neighborhood with many restaurants, shops, and minutes from Mc Gill. Rental bicycles are available on sidewalks. I will definitely go back to this little jewel. My only two critiques: I made a phone reservation after checking online deals around $174.00. I did not think of mentioning these online deals to the reservation desk person who suggested a AAA special rate that included parking, and did not realize my breakfast was NOT included in the cost of the night she quoted, which resulted in an awkward moment when the server presented me with the menu and the breakfast items cost. I opted to leave and have breakfast elsewhere. For the cost of the room, a buffet style breakfast would be expected! Also, beware of taxes and fees, also not mentioned during reservations, which will easily add another $ 40.00 to your nightly bill. This being said, I am definitely a big fan of this hotel and will most definitely return and suggest it to friends and family!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mendon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This is an outstanding property -- well-appointed rooms with comfortable bedding, amenities and A/V (including a Tivoli music system), a stylish feel, and more than reasonable rates. Bravo!

Like any property, there are quirks: the health club is tiny but functional, the Kurig coffee pod rationing is odd, etc. However, these don't detract from the experience.

We found the front of house staff to be the only aspect of our stay that could use a small change. Our luggage delivery to the room trailed our check-in by 45 minutes -- poor planning on the part of the hotel, as only one bellman was on duty during a weekend when McGill parents had flooded the area to drop off their kids. A FourSquare check-in offered a reward -- a small box of chocolates -- that one desk manager had no idea how to handle, and another tried to brush off (hey marketing, coordinate your promotions with your staff!). Service was perfunctory versus accommodating. That is the difference between being a four- and five-star property.

When booking through some travel sites, don't be fooled by a description of this hotel being just a 15-minute walk from the Old City -- it's more like 30 minutes at a brisk pace. That said, there are two Metro stops right outside the doors (Peel and McGill on the green line), and a bevy of attractions, shopping and dining options nearby.

Would we return? Absolutely.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

great location, near St. Catherine's for shopping. walking distance from the Old port and basically anywhere in the city. I did not even take the metro once! all walking! the attention from the staff was excellent. the only downfall was the restaurant menu/room service. Although the restaurant has a great sophisticated menu, its the same for room service. The menu its too complicated.. all i wanted was a burger or something simple and they did not offer it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last week for one night. Prior to arrival, I wrote an email to have some details regarding the hotel and the package we booked. I received an automatic reply stating that the concierge was out for the day. Nobody ever answered me in the next few days. We arrived at around 8:00 pm and we waited more than 20 minutes in the lobby to be checked in. The bellman offered assistance and was helpful. The front desk staff seemed not enough trained. The next morning, we called because there was no complimentary coffee in the room, as told the night before. The K-cup holder in the bathroom was empty. The guy at the front desk said they would bring us some. They never came. We called the restaurant to know what was included in the breakfast for the urban escape package and the girl said breakfast in bed was not an option. After insisting, she checked with the front desk and said that was definitely part of the package.

We both got the Montreal Bagel. The room service guy was great. The food was exceptionally delicious and service was fast. This a must try! The room was awesome as well. The shower is big and pleasant to use. The furniture is modern and everything was clean.

When we went downstairs to check out, we waited an other 10-15 minutes, even if there was at least two people behind the front desk. The second girl was just standing there, looking at the girl working. She never even looked at us. They also quoted us about 200$ more than the original confirmation as our final folio total. The girl did change the total quickly tho, honoring the reservation rate. Once again, the bellman was helpful and prompt to offer help. Overall our stay was good, but I was definitely disappointed with the service at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
El Mostafa B, Front Office Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Mrs Isabelle L

Thank you very much for choosing Le St-Martin Montreal and sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community

We apologize that we were not able to accommodate you to replay to your e-mail since it was short notice and you were waiting for more that 20 minutes in the lobby to be check in due to an unforeseen situation. We are truly sorry that we were not able to show you the quality of service and standards that we strive to uphold to all of our guests.

Regarding the front desk we had a new employee that had her first day of training and she could not do much. There is no raison for our regular employees to give bad service. Rest assured we will follow up internally and make certain such out of place comments to do not happen again. Please if you can send me an e-mail or call us directly to discuss your concerns and get more details.

Finally, we are saddened that you did not enjoy your experience at le St-Martin to its fullest,

Thanks again for staying at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier and hopefully we have the chance to host you again, and change your perception of our hospitality.

Best regards

Mostafa Boudraa

Rooms Division Manager
Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and it was wonderful. This boutique hotel is a nice change from the typical downtown chain hotels. Hotel is classy, great attention to detail and high service standards. We lived in Montreal many years ago and come back for a visit every couple of years - it was nice to find this new, modern and centrally located hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I liked it from the moment i stepped in.
Service was great at the front desk.
Room was perfect. Not huge, but it was fine for just me. The bathroom was big and clean with a nice soaker tub and separate shower stall. The desk to do work was a bit small for my liking, but otherwise the room was great. Even the clock radio was super nice.
The restaurant was awesome - both service staff and food.

i'll be back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal? Share your experiences!