“Beautiful hotel, beautiful location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal

You added Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal to your Saves list
Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   980 Boulevard de Maisonneuve, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1M5, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))   |
Ranked #19 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Beautiful hotel, beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at Le St-Martin one night in July 2013 with some girlfriends. The hotel is really nicely decorated. The room I stayed in had two double beds and was the pretty standard size, if not a little bit small. The bathroom was lovely though with two sinks and two mirrors. The bathtub is large and deep and great for a nice soak. Beds were very comfy, and the leopard print throw is a great touch.

I didn't eat at the restaurant, but spent a couple hours on its patio for drinks with friends in the afternoon. Wish I could have checked out the bar/restaurant inside for a bit longer -- it looked nice!

The hotel was maybe a 10/15-minute walk from the Bell Centre and only a couple of blocks from the train station. Just a block away is shopping heaven of Ste Catherine.

Definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is located in a great spot. Walking distance to Crescent Street and St Catherine's Shopping. It is also a block from the McGill Metro station that gives you access to the entire city. The room was clean and very nicely decorated. We were upgraded to a larger room without asking and was very pleased with the hotel overall. They even knocked on the door in the afternoon and asked if we wanted any free snacks! We would def. stay here again.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were very happy with out stay at St. Martin. Our trip started with an unfortunate hiccup when US Airways cancelled our flight and we had to re-book with a different airline for the next day at our own cost. But when we called the hotel, they immediately agreed to shorten our stay by one night, no questions asked!

The room was very cozy and stylish. Not huge as you might expect at a resort in Mexico, but just the perfect size for an urban traveller. One element of the decor did puzzle me a bit - a see-through glass bathroom that you could cover by sliding wooden blinds, but not completely (+ the doors are on the outside of the bathroom glass wall, so you cannot control them from inside the bathroom). It didn't bother us too much, but if you are very sensitive about your bathroom privacy and don't trust your partner to not look, it may be an important consideration for you.

We just looked at the pool and gym, but didn't actually spend time there. The pool is tiny, but I suppose nice to lounge around. The gym is also very small but has the basics if you really-really must have a work-out.

Location - conveniently located in Downtown, a few blocks from the tourist information office from which the bus tours starts + close to metro Peel.

The pictures on the website are representative of what you will get. The bed was comfy and we did not have any noise issues. The complimentary coffee and water were very welcome. The were no issues with the Wi-Fi.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Le St-Martin is one of the finest
Hotels I've stayed at. Excellent staff and service. Centrally located to everything. I got an excellent deal which made it a great
Value. The bar has good selections of beer as well.

• Stayed July 2013
Barrhaven
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is in a great location in Montreal. Close to shops, museums and great food. The rooms are lovely and the pool is warm and clean.

Unfortunately our experience at the front desk was horrible.

First when I asked if we could have a later check-out time the very rude receptionist huffed that we could have an extra 30 minutes. Really? Check-in time isn't until 4 so was the the 30 minutes extra really that inconvenient.

When we parked at the hotel and decided to valet park for 29$ it was based on the assumption that we would be able to park for 24 hours. We arrived at the hotel at 6:00 pm there was NO sign or mention that this was not the case. The valet parking takes approximately 10 minutes as there is an elevator that takes the car underground, so it isn't really easy to leave once you are checked in. When we checked out the next day at 11:00 we were advised it would be an additional 17$ flat rate to leave the car for a couple of more hours. When I questioned why we weren't advised when we checked the car the same rude counter agent said when we had signed into the hotel this was printed on the paper. Please note that you sign in AFTER you park and with two small kids in tow it would have been nice if someone pointed out the fine print.
When I asked to have a Manager call me as I really thought this was unreasonable no one bothered to call. Basically had we known that we were going to pay 46$ for less than 24 hours parking we would have went 4 blocks away where it was 12$. In an up-scale hotel I would have thought there would be better services.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
El Mostafa B, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Barrhaven,

Thank you very much for choosing Le St-Martin Montreal and sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community

We apologize that we were not able to accommodate you to keep you car parked for more hours due to an unforeseen situation, and we are truly sorry that we were not able to show you the quality of service and standards that we strive to uphold to all of our guests.

Regarding the front desk was rude; it really comes to us as a surprise. There is no raison for our employees to give bad service. Rest assured we will follow up internally and make certain such out of place comments to do not happen again. I already called you and left a message in your voice mail. Please if you can send me an e-mail to discuss your concerns and get more details.

Finally, we are saddened that you did not enjoy your experience at le St-Martin to its fullest,

Thanks again for staying at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier and hopefully we have the chance to host you again, and change your perception of our hospitality.

Best regards

Mostafa Boudraa

Rooms Division Manager
Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal,
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We can't say enough about this hotel...we were so pleased with our room, the location of the hotel and the lovely staff who were all so welcoming and helpful. We felt well taken care of here. The room was large, very comfortable and stylish. Though we were right in the heart of the downtown we didn't experience any noise. It was one of those hotels that you look forward to returning to after exploring the city.
On top of all this it was great value for money and within walking distance to all your heart would desire!

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was so disappointed in my stay here after reading so many positive reviews. I had booked for July 20, 2013, for a special weekend with my boyfriend.

Yes, the hotel itself is beautiful. The Classic room itself is very tiny, but very nicely decorated and cozy. The bonuses the hotel offers, such as the pool open late, are nice features. Minor things - the television having very few channels - aren't a big deal and don't matter in this review.

First of all, valet parking. I called the front desk twice to ask where we were supposed to go. Both times, they told us Metcalfe/Maisonneuve - and both times, I explained we were in front, there was traffic, there was no where to park (the 'designated parking areas' - being full), and it was impossible to simply remain in front.
I explained both times that we couldn't remain double parked and were just driving around. I had to get out of the car while my boyfriend tried to find parking somewhere and explain this to front desk. I explained this to the representative at the front desk, and she kept repeating 'De Maisounneuve and Metcalfe'. Out of frustration she had even added, "I'll park the call myself." I simply said, "Sure." - before she finally called the valet and had him assist us. He actually said, "Yeah, I saw them diving around outside."
...Okay. No problem.

When the valet finally moved another car for us to leave ours, it was 4:40 - 40 minutes after check in (yes, that's how long the issue with parking took) - and when I tried to check in, the room still wasn't ready. I had to ask again some time later before the representative confirmed it was ready. No apology or anything. Yes, front desk is frosty, not helpful, not sympathetic . There was no question about this each time I had to speak to them.

At night - on a Saturday - the elevators simply didn't work. It was around 2am. I had to tell a representative at the desk who had to call. They eventually started working again.

I chose a package that included free parking, free breakfast and check out at 2pm. The day of our check out, someone disturbed us at 1pm - even with our sign on. When we didn't answer after 3 knocks, she tried to come in. When we answered her, it was a representative of the hotel. She said, quite simply: "Why are you still here?" We replied that our check out was at 2. She said, "Oh, okay!" then proceeded to go to the room beside us and do the same thing.
Check out is normally at 11am. I would also expect a hotel of this quality to know who paid extra to stay 2 hours later.

For a hotel of this quality and price, these 'minor inconveniences/annoyances' simply shouldn't exist. I was so disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Le St-Martin and sharing your experience with the TripAdviisor community.

If we are happy to read you found our hotel very beautiful and comfortable, we strive to offer a true hospitality experience in which a warm, helpful and efficient customer service is key.
By reading you comment, its clear we did not deliver this to you and thus I am, also, very dissapointed.

From your parking issue to the overall lack of empathy you felt from our Front Desk staff, you are absolutely right in saying this should not be for a hotel of our caliber.
If the great majority of our guest leave is with a very positive memory of their stay, it seems we dropped the ball on your occasion and for that I would like to extend our apologies on behalf of everyone at Le St-Martin Montreal.

Rest assured we will revisit procedures and training with some of our staff in an effort to ensure these kind of mishaps do not happen again.

Thanks again for choosing Le St-Martin,

Best,

Been to Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal? Share your experiences!