“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal

Save Saved
You added Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal to your Saves list
Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   980 Boulevard de Maisonneuve, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1M5, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #19 of 164 hotels in Montreal
New York City, New York
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal with my partner over the weekend, and I must say it was a dynamic experience. The hotel itself is gorgeous. It is located in the heart of downtown near various restaurants and great stores. The receptionist was very warm, welcoming and helpful. I had originally booked the Classic King but when we arrived at the hotel, we decided to upgrade to the Verriere Suite. We were upgraded for a minimal fee and I don't regret it! The room was very nice and clean. It had a fireplace and the bathroom contained a hot tub and a stand up shower. My guy and I slept comfortably in the king size bed in the room and we had a wonderful view as well. I have no complaints about this hotel and they will definitely see me again when I visit Montreal. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to someone else! :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

548 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spent 3 nights at the St-Martin Hotel in November. It was a great central location to enjoy the sights and experiences of Montreal. It is located within reasonable walking distance to old Montreal, the Rue St-Denis, Rue St-Catherine and Mount Royal Parc. In fact, if I had realized how close to Mount Royal Parc we were located I would have brought my outdoor running gear instead of using the small, but well equipped gym at the hotel. We didn't try the outdoor pool as it was a little nippy outside, but it looked inviting. The service was prompt and friendly delivered in English or French. The room was very comfortable with microwave and coffee machine. During the evening hotel staff came by to make sure we had enough complimentary bottled water, coffee and usually offered us a snack from the cart. The beds were extremely comfortable and the black out curtains allowed for a comfortable sleep in if wanted. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Val d'Or, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This nice hotel is well located downtown Montreal. The service is fast, and very good. Tou can leave your car at the entrance, and they're preatty fast to get it when you nedd it back. The romms are very comfortable and you must need the key to acces the elevetor to go to your room. The restaurant beside it is OK, the breakfast aren't expensive.

It's a very good hotel...but I prefer Le Germain wich is at walking distance of that one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor .
I am very happy to read you enjoyed your time, and found that Le St-Martin meet your expectations both in terms of rooms and service.

I also understand you still prefer Le Germain, which is certainly a beautiful option.
That being said, I certainly believe we have more to offer since we are the brand new property, with a more central location and offer a more hip/modern guest experience!
Did you have the chance to take a look at our outdoor heated pool? Its a unique feature in the city!

Hopefuly we get the chance to host you again in the future, and have become a loyal guest of Le St-Martin Hotels!

Best,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Spent 5 nights at Le St-Martin and it was the perfect central location for business and leisure alike. The hotel is close to all shopping and terrific dining options. My room was comfortable: large work desk, quiet, charming décor, amazing shower (glass between the shower and the bedroom). However the lighting in the bathroom was not that great. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful -especially the valet staff they were SO fantastic! I wouldn’t recommend the restaurant at the hotel; I had breakfast and lunch there and both times I had horribly rude and slow service and it is incredibly overpriced, especially for the plethora of amazing restaurants surrounding the hotel. All in all a lovely hotel and I would stay again on my next trip to Montreal!

Room Tip: Stay away from the restaurant at the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Absolutely an amazing Hotel, excellent quality, service and decor. Great location, the nicest pool outdoor-very clean and amazing staff.
The Bistro Restaurant was the Worst experience, the food was not great.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after our return from Quebec city. The only good thing that this hotel had was great location. The service was awful. There was an Indian Manager at the front desk when we first came in and he did not have the manners and courtesy of even greeting us. We feel he should take some courses in hospitality. The bell boy was very good and gave us great tips about good restaurants around the area. The beds were comfortable. The shower was awful as it did not have any place to put the soap or shampoo and we had to put in on the floor and worse of all the water would pool in the shower less than a minute. We called the front desk and told them of the situation and they said they will look into this but all they did was come and clean the area and the next day it pooled again. We stayed for only 2 nights but I don't think we will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.
As you might imagine, I am saddened to hear your stay was not to the standards you had expected from Le St-Martin.
If I am happy to read you enjoyed our prime location in the heart of the city, I want to make a moment to apologize if you received subpar service during your time amongst us.
We typically ensure all our guests have a great individualized experience, and it seems we dropped the ball that time.
Rest assured we will revisit training & procedures with our staff and make certain such situations do not happen again.

We also apologize about the small shower issue, and greatly appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We actually identified the maintenance problem and fixed it soon after your departure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me privately should you want to discuss this further.

Frederic Aouad
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just stayed here for the weekend for a special occasion and it was perfect! I contacted them ahead to request a room with a view and an upgrade if possible and they did both! Great service. We loved the location, very central. Great restaurants close by. Their outdoor lap pool with jets was amazing. Not very big but intimate and because we were the only people in it, it was perfect. Oh, the heated floors surrounding the pool was a nice touch.
Our room on the 15th floor was the King Foyer with Fireplace and was tastefully decorated, very clean and we especially loved the bathroom and fireplace. The whole hotel has a great vibe and decor. We went to the restaurant for a drink and then again for dessert. It was excellent as well.

We will go back to this hotel for sure next time and highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal? Share your experiences!