“Excellent room!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal

You added Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal to your Saves list
Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   980 Boulevard de Maisonneuve, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1M5, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #23 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked a night in a Grand Lux Suite on the 6th floor. The staff were all very welcoming and the lobby area was gorgeous. The hotel is right in the heart of downtown Montreal so you're not far from major shopping and lots of restaurants. The room itself was amazing! The decor was great; modern for the most part. We loved the layout, especially the sliding doors that allowed for unrestricted view of the gorgeous bathroom. You can also opt to keep the doors shut for privacy.

The bathroom....wow...the bathroom was beyond awesome. The tub was absolutely massive and there was a flatscreen tv for watching while you relax in a bubblebath. The shower is separate and very roomy. All the normal amenities were provided; bars of soap, shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, towels, etc. There is a dimmer switch in the bathroom as well to provide a little romantic mood lighting if desired.

The bed was very clean and super comfy. There was something not right about the pillows though. I'm not really sure what the deal is but they were not comfortable at all and I truly wish I brought my own with me.

We didn't have any noise issues on that floor which was great. We had trouble with the thermostat, I couldn't get it to adjust at all. We checked out the pool area, which is very nicely done but didn't have our swimsuits so we didn't get to try it. I did notice that the water was warm, so while the pool isn't large enough for the kiddies to play, it's great for a relaxing soak I think.

All in all, we had a stay minus the pillows.

Room Tip: 6th floor was quiet Bring your own pillow
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Coquitlam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I recently stayed at Le St. Martin hotel in Montreal. The hotel was terrific! Great value.

The best part of the hotel was dealing with the concierge. Marco, Jean Sebastian, and Tom were so helpful and pleasant to deal with every single day. They made my stay outstanding. Wonderful men and they went out of their way to be friendly.

Thanks so very much.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Love this place, my gf and i had a blast, everything at this hotel was great, the complaints for this hotel is minor and more personal to the individual. Highly recommend this place! ill be back again, the pool is small but its just relaxing, its like a big hot tub.

Room Tip: the room where you can look out the window from the hall to see the pool!!! great way to check if it...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I deleted and re-added my original review because I was not happy about something that happened after my stay. When we checked out, the person at the front desk asked us about our additional charges - breakfast at the restaurant and a pop from the mini fridge. We confirmed the breakfast but told her that we did not touch the fridge, and she nodded and proceeded to check us out. I thought it was all handled from here. However, a month later, my credit card statement shows a charge of $3something - for the pop is my guess. I think this is shows that there is a big flaw in their process: Do they really assume that we would pay for a meal but not admit that we had taken a pop from the mini fridge? And therefore feel justified to charge us anyways, without informing us and without checking if there might be another reason? I don't care about the $3sth that was charged to my credit card so I won't bother calling them but it has definitely soured my experience - who's to say they will not do this for other things?

We have stayed many times at the St. Le-Martin in Laval and the service there is VERY different. We actually had a problem with one of the in-room movies when we stayed in February (same trip). They made the effort of informing us that their movie provider did not acknowledge a problem with the video sound and still wanted to charge, but that they would talk to them again to discuss it. But they cautioned us that a charge might appear. See the difference?

My original review is below:

“Great location (for the winter), great room, great weekend”
Reviewed 21 February 2012
I tend to go to Montreal at least once a year and while in the summer I prefer to stay near Old Montreal, winter time is a different matter entirely. This time we choose to stay with the Le St-Martin Hotel since we've always had a lovely experience at the Laval one and found a great deal through SniqueAway. For anyone who wants to walk (even in the winter!) this is a great location - it's right next to the Peel metro station, steps away from the main underground shopping area (Simons, Centre Mont-Royal), a 10-min walking distance to the Fine Arts museum, Crescent Street, and Mont-Royal Park and a 20-minute walk to St Laurant & Sherbrooke.

We stayed in the one of the Grand Lux rooms which was clean and comfortable. There seems to be a trend in boutique hotels these days to have a open concept - the bathroom (incl. big soaker tub) was separated from the sleeping area only by a few sliding wooden doors (blinds), so I would not recommend this room to share with friends or colleagues.

Nice touches: two temperature controls (one in the bathroom, one for the sleeping area), LCD screen mounted over the bathtub (sadly, we did not have the time to try it out), turndown service, desk table that had two levels of brightness and could be turned on by touch.

The fitness room was small and narrow but comfortable and did not feel too enclosed since one wall was all window (it overlooks a parking lot). Good fitness equipment although there is only one treadmill, one elliptical, one bike and one weight machine. We took a look at the outdoor pool but did not have a chance to try it out.

Reception and service in the restaurant was good but not noteworthy.

Room Tip: Make sure that you check your credit card bill afterwards to make sure they do not charge you for ot...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your message, and for sharing you good & and not so good experience at Le St-Martin.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay about us, but was dissapointed to see it was tarnished by the late 3$ mini-bar charge.
We certainly had no malign intent in doing so, its a simple industry wide procedures to count mini-bar inventory after guest departure ad charge used (or missing) items to the guests folio.
In your case, it obviously is a mistake on our part and would be delighted to remove the charge as soon as you contact us directly.

Please accept our apologies for the error, and hope you will not judge the quality of our service on this small issue.

Looking forward to hosting you again at Le St-Martin Montréal,
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My mom, sister and I stayed here for a girls-weekend in February. Great location close to Simons and an entrance to the underground mall was right next door too! If you're into shopping this is probably a prime location to stay.

The rooms were spacious and very chic. There was a window from the shower to the bedroom which was interesting. We had a good laugh at it as none of us travellers had seen this before. In my sister's words: This totally takes 'Peeping Tom' to a new level. It was funny.

The beds weren't my favorite but at the same time I wouldn't complain. The decor was probably my favorite part. Who ever picked the interior I would gladly hire to do my own home haha. In the halls there were bowls with asian pear apples - such a nice touch I find. We didn't have any coffee pods in the room so we called down for them. Unfortunately for us they only brought us one. I feel that coffee is the least you can provide in a room so I wasn't overly impressed by this.

Staff on the other hand could have stood to be a bit friendlier.. When asking for advice on what to do and where to go eat they didnt seem to have any hidden gems or anything great. I travel to Montreal for work so I've had the opportunity to poke around and find a few neat things that we went back to. I would have loved to make the connection and get an idea for booking my staff into this hotel but unfortunately with each person at the front this conversation was near impossible to establish.

In short - I would go back as it's a beautiful property but I am sure I could find antoher place with a better level of service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your post.
I am quite happy to be reading you enjoyed the experience at Le St-Martin, especially the quality of our rooms and our "hard to beat" location. We most certainly are a great hotel to live the Montreal lifestyle, be it for shopping, museums, park or nightlife.
Of course, I too am dissapointed that the service was lacking during your stay. We definently value guest feedback and try to work on this aspect everyday, and are getting better and better.

Please do think of us for your next stay in Montreal (or your staff as you mentionned), I am certain you wil notice a great improvment on service.

Best,
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

So first the cons. We drive up and are told we MUST give our car to the valet to park $29.a day. For Montreal uber expensive for parking. Then we walk in to lovely lobby where we are completely ignored by two people at the front desk trying to figure something out on the computer. No "bonjour", no smile no nothing.. We go to Montreal very often, most unpleasant intro to a Hotel. ever. I did complain and felt that they listened. Pros are that the Hotel is beautiful and has incredible location The rooms are lovely and spacious and clean. Wish make up lighting was better but that just seems par for the course. We did not eat at the restaurant but it was also very pretty. so we took the car away from the valet the second day and put it is a nearby lot for $16.75 a day., and we were happier. All in all not that bad but it just could have been much more pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Le St-Martin experience with the Tripadvisor community.
If I am certainly happy to hear you enjoyed the overall experience at Le St-Martin Montreal, I am, of course, saddened by the fact you were dissapointed by the attitude of our staff.

You are entirely correct in expecting a warm welcome upon arriving at our establishment, for it is something are pround to offer our guests. I am sorry we did not deliver that during your stay.
We will continue to improve our consistency on that level, so that everyone gets the "home away from home" feeling we want to be offering.

Regarding the parking issue, I can only imagine our valets mis-communicated our servivces to you. Indeed, if the only parking service we offer at Le St-Martin Montreal is the valet service (in our secure indoor parking lot), guest are very much free to find their own parking accomodation in the area.

We hope we will have the chance to host you again soon!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were going to stay at the Sofitel Montreal but decided on the Le St-Martin. We drove from MA to VT and picked-up my daughter and son-in-law along the way to Montreal. Upon arriving at the hotel having pre-paid we were able to check in a few minutes. The valet took the car and we proceed to our rooms. Upon opening the door to the room we were very pleased with the set up of the bed and the rest of the furniture. Spacious and great color coordination.

For dinner we had made reservations at a boutique restaurant but decided to eat in. We did not have reservations [highly recommended] but were seated. Having eaten at hotels before we were not sure of the service or food. MAJOR RECOMMENDATION: FOOD AND SERVICE WERE EXCELLENT [possible 3-4 stars]. One of the best meals we have had. Will make this our hotel next time we visit Montreal.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is great. Hint: outdoor salt water heated pool on this floor. You definitely have to tr...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal? Share your experiences!