“Family Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Charlevoix
Quebec City, Canada
“Family Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Thanks to a family friend, we discovered this unassuming place just off a main artery. It was a combined birthday party; mine and my grandson's

My wife had brought cupcakes and candles and orchestrated everything with our young waiter, who was knowledgable in both the food and wine departments - they have wine by the glass

Mains consisted in pasta and pizza, followed by happy birthday and the blowing out of candles, with well wishers all around. Thoroughly enjoyable

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Montreal, Canada
“Horrible 1st Time Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had a horrible first-time dining experience at Pizzeria Geppetto. From beginning to end.

Upon my arrival, there were only 2 ppl dining in the whole restaurant, I said "table for 2" and the Host said "Well, do you have reservations?" I said , Yes, as a matter of fact I do, Jason Ha***
The host says, "You're Jason?? Oh, the person who called on the phone sounded like a girl". I thought he was kidding... so I laughed, but he kept a straight face.
He then continued to antagonize me by saying "are you sure it wasn't your girlfriend that called?" I was shocked. In light of not wanting to make a scene because I was out with my lovely girlfriend looking for a nice evening, I said, "YES. I am sure. Does Jason sound like a girls name to you? " His answer was "It just sounded like a girl on the phone". He made no apologies, and stood his ground. I was shocked.

He sat us next to the kitchen entrance/exit where waiters constantly knocked and nudged me on their way in and out (and apologized).

I ordered the Margherita Pizza and she ordered a Salad with the dressing on the side. My pizza arrived and was OK, nothing special. Have had much better pizza at Mozza, Bottega, and other Pizzeria's.

Her salad arrived WITH the dressing fully mixed in. The waitress said sorry,m we gave your salad to someone else by accident.
Afterwards, The waiter removed our plates before we were finished eating..he didn't even ask.
I stopped him saying we weren't finished to which he didn't sound apologetic, he just put them back down.
We ordered the "desert of the day" which sounded good, it was an Apple Crumble with Pear and Pineapples. It looked nice when it arrived but with my first spoonful all you tasted was heavy cinnamon and sour pineapples.
I was trying to hide my revolted face when my girlfriend said "it's really bad eh?" to which I laughed and said yeah this is awful lol.

The waiter came to fill up my glass of water which was empty, but didn't fill hers...
The table was a bit dirty and I asked the waitress if she minded wiping it down, to which she nodded, but returned only with the bill...

Overall a horrific first time experience, but luckily when you're with good company you can still manage to enjoy yourselves. DEFINITELY wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Unless you wanna try it just for the sake of trying. It's a trendy and cool place. But I would never go back there. Ghastly service aside, the food wasn't even that good!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“A lovely evening with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had been eyeballing Geppetto for a while and am glad to have finally had the change to dine there.

The food was absolutely delightful. Great quality-price ratio with wonderful menu choices and a good selection of wines and other spirits. The wood-oven pizzas are a must!

The service was average and the restaurant was a tad small, which made it fairly noisy.

Geppetto fits perfectly into that area of Notre-Dame restaurants, with great alternatives such as The Burgundy Lion and Limon just steps away. Also, I highly recommend making reservations, which can be done with just a few clicks via OpenTable.

Nonetheless, we had a brilliant evening enjoying tasty food. I will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
France
“Busy, small but good Montreal Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The fresh burratta starter was delicious and the pizzas were as good as any you will find. The pancetta was the real MCoy and the restaurant had a fun vibe. Without a booking we had to sit at the bar but this offered a front row seat to the pizza maker and the Canadiens game so the teenagers loved it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ontario, canada
“Accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visited here for an early afternoon dinner (5pm); was greeted and told we were welcome to come in, however the place was fully booked within the next hour or so.

We decided to stay, both of us started with a salad, one classic and one Parmesan. Both were very good with a variety of greens. The available wine is sufficient as we both enjoyed a glass with the pulled pork pizza we shared.

The nice thing about this place is that you can see everything being done in front of your eyes, from the salad being made, to the pizza being cooked in the wood fired oven.

The owner asked if we would like to have some of their signature hot peppers in oil for the pizza, which was very hot, yet very good.

We were in an out in enough time to eat, but not feel rushed.

If in the area again we would go back.

Visited July 2012