“A unique experience! Toroli!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
MONTREAL
“A unique experience! Toroli!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

For the food and service! Creative and caring! Montreal is lucky to have such a diversity in gastronomical universe! This is a place you will always remember for the good energy!
We will be back to try the rest of the menu!
Thanks!
Sylvain

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston
“It was very funny experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I could not resist such star reviews.We were told to arrive exactly at the time of reservation, because all tables may be occupied and they can not hold reservation.Were infromed about problems with parking.The restaraunt was empty ( later on 3 couples arrived), street was extremely dilapidated and empty .Restaraunt as itself- presentation of the food was exquisite and extremely beautiful.Food as itself- extremely spicy ( which is completely impossible for french cousine) and mediocre by best assesment.Service was good and ,who was waiting was friendly and amicable.Vine list was extremely funny, starting form $60 for the bottle of regular vine which costs $8-9 in the neighborhood store.
Summing up- extremely mediocre and terribly overpriced place.There is huge amount of absolutely great restaraunts in Montreal.Obviously this was out last visit there

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Medal in the fish!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I found the food to be really dry and not anything special. The Salmon had little pieces of medal in it as I think he was using old cookware. When I tried to return it, the chef gave me a huge attitude and said I was trying to steal from him. Honestly, I found the whole experience to be a little too cliquy for me. Poor Service, Ugly Restaurant and Subpar food (food the price). It's a shame as I had high hopes. I'd stay away.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Can we give 6 stars?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I need to start off by thanking fellow TA reviewers, without whom I would have not learned about this gem of a restaurant tucked away on a side street at the Plateau. It's a simple place with an unassuming facade, which only stands out from the nearby houses by it's spotted cow-like awning.

This restaurant is sheer proof of what real quality ingredients and a genius chef can do to your senses. You almost feel like not adding anything to disturb your palate, but they do have a few good wines and top notch Japanese green tea. I had promised myself to no longer eat foie gras, but I chose the menu with this dish as main entree and it was simply phenomenal. A meal that I will certainly not forget.

I emailed then before going to Montreal and was lucky to get a place on a weekend, but it turned out to be even colder (freezing to be exact) for Montreal so the place was quiet. I've been to posher and much more expensive places, and this one beats all of them. I promise I will always come back here anytime I go to Montreal. You will certainly not regret dining here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“The Chef is a Genius”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Incredible, incredible food. Just tremendous delight for your taste buds. I've tried all the top restaurants on this list and this is the true #1 restaurant in Montreal. Just make sure you make a reservation and you're not on a budget!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere