“Flawless service and fantastic pool” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ritz-Carlton Montreal

You added Ritz-Carlton Montreal to your Saves list
Ritz-Carlton Montreal
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1228 Sherbrooke West, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1H6, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit + More
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
New York City, New York
“Flawless service and fantastic pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights with our 11.5 month son. This hotels as recently renovated so the rooms are well appointed and equipped with the latest technology. We stayed in a signature room and appreciated the extra space. The service is impeccable. Every time I called to ask for something, it was always delivered within minutes. When we asked for a crib, we got a crib AND a bathtub for our son AND a bath toy!

I also had a great time taking my son to swim in the pool on penthouse level. The pool is heated and very quiet. We had the pool all to ourselves. The staff there even offered my son a floatie to sit in and play. The pool is the best way to unwind after a day walking around in the city.

The hotel is located in downtown and close to lots of restaurants. We were able to walk to restaurants nearby on Crescent and St Catherine and got outdoor seating right away.

We can't recommend this hotel enough. Will definitely stay again if we have the opportunity to revisit Montreal.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The toilets are amazing. They have a Toto toilet that actually...well...uhm...cleans your behind for you! The seat is warmed. Jets of hot water clean you very well. The shower is amazing as well. This was for sure the Sistine Chapel of bathrooms. For sure a plumber and bathroom connoisseur's dream.
I found the hotel to be physically beautiful. The pool is exceptional. The life guard was very friendly. As for the staff...they were not as accommodating as I would have hoped. Honestly you could do better for a lot less money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Rooms are good sized, beds very comfortable. All sorts of modern electronic gadgets. Press buttons for raise/lowering shades or toilet seats. Like all hotels dining in house is expensive. Typical breakfast of 2 eggs, bacon, toast, coffee will run about $40-45 so check out local coffee shops.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

stayed there in May 2013, rooms are stunningly renovated. ours had a 2nd room that was a sitting room with a fireplace.
rooms were spectacular in terms of furniture and hi tech gadgetry, room service was amongst the best I have seen.
quality of food was in line with your expectation of the Ritz.
the only issue we had was during checkout , the rate in the folio was double what we were quoted, and it took about 20 minutes to resolve this. the front desk person was quite insistent, we had to pull out emails of confirmations etc to prove our point.
Location is very good- common areas such as restaurants and bar quite nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my second visit to Montreal, but my first stay at the Ritz Carlton. I was overwhelmed with the level of service and the quality of the room. It is the first 5 star hotel I have visited that truly lived up to its status.

The room has an understated elegance that is unparalleled in any hotel I have stayed in. The decor is thoughtfully soothing with the perfect pop of color. The bed was sumptuously made and dreamy to fall into each evening. But the showstopper in this hotel is the bathroom. Two vanities grace the bathroom with an over abundance of toiletries. The shower has four body soothing body sprays, a rainshower, and a handheld shower. The toilet/bidet is heated and has every accoutrement ever thought of.

The concierge and all staff we encountered were gracious and helpful.

Overall, an exceptional stay in and exceptional setting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights last week on our way to Mont Tremblant. Everything was perfect, from the valet service & check-in, to the room and amenities, to the nightly turndown service. No detail was overlooked. The updates to the hotel were made over 1 year ago, but everything seemed brand new with no signs of wear and tear. Our bed was very comfortable and our room while relatively small (we opted for the smallest room category) felt spacious and luxurious. The rooftop pool was a nice place to relax and take in some great views. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant on our first evening and for a Monday night it was very busy and we could see why, the food was delicious, servers were polite and attentive. We will definitely be returning to the Ritz on our future trips to Montreal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying at the Ritz Carlton in Montreal. My husbands 3rd. It is my understanding the hotel closed its doors for an extended period (don't quote me but I think it was 4 years) to remodel. In the entrance and lobby, they kept the old world charm but the rooms are totally modern and high tech. The lights, window shades, tv, ac are all controlled with just a quick touch. (although sometimes annoying and sometimes things are just easier the old fashion way) The toilet is an experience like no other. So much so that my husband bought two for our own home after staying there last year. The toilet will flush it self, it acts as a bidet with a front and back option, the seat and water temperature are heated to your preference...hmmm what else does it do.... it pays your bills. Kidding of course but you will enjoy telling all your friends about this fancy toilet. One other thing the room does which I hate but I figured out a way around. If you decide to get up during the night, there is a motion detector under your night stand that senses this and it will turn a night light on in the bathroom and a small one under the night stand. We stayed here in December with our 14 month old son and I was always afraid I'd wake the baby when getting out of bed. So a pillow over the motion detector works great.
The infinity pool on the top floor is very retro with blue lights. It overlooks the city.

Service is exceptional!!! You will not be disappointed.

This hotel is very close to all the shopping on St. Catherine street. It's also just a block from the Montreal Museum of Art. The Metro is two blocks down. We took it to the Botanic Garden and to the Biodome. The Metro appeared very safe and I am a woman traveling with two teen daughters and a baby. I'm sure there are areas to avoid, I got on the Metro at Peel and off at Pie IX (for the Botanic Garden). I did take a taxi once and it seem to have taken longer and of course it cost more. I was told by a local the taxi cab drivers purposely take longer to charge more.
Just around the corner from the hotel is a restaurant called M.brger and it is fabulous. Best burger around in my opinion.

Enjoy your stay!! I think you will be extremely happy with this Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ritz-Carlton Montreal? Share your experiences!