“Great place to stay in Old Montreal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge du Vieux-Port

You added Auberge du Vieux-Port to your Saves list
Auberge du Vieux-Port
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   97 Rue de la Commune East, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1J1, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #6 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Great place to stay in Old Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Discovered while using the internet to find a place for our stay between Christmas and New Years, Auberge du Vieux-Port exceeded our expectations. Our itinerary included 5 nights stay. Our room, 502, was quiet, comfortable with a spacious floor plan and updated washroom. They have done a great job of combining the rustic charm of the old building with modern upgrades and tasteful decor. The service staff were very friendly, knowledgable and pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at Auberge du Vieux Port few weeks ago. I got an upgrade for my room and stayed at the loft and I absolutely LOVED it. Wonderful staff, wonderful room, beautiful location, couldn't have ask for more.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I came for a romantic NYE getaway and this hotel was WONDERFUL! We stayed in room 503, which is the top floor, away from the elevator with a King bed and river view...likely the best room in the hotel for a couple. The room was a perfect mix of classic exposed stone walls and a modern renovated bathroom.

A pleasant surprise was a full breakfast included. The only down-side was the slow elevator, but that adds to the hotel's old charm. You can't beat the location and the service at this hotel. We will be back!

Room Tip: Room #503 is the best in the hotel - Top floor, river view, and away from the elevator.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I came here for NYE 2012/2013 and it was an EXCEPTIONAL choice (if I do say so myself).

Location: 10/10
- for being in Old Montreal/Old Port
- for my room having a view of the beautiful Rue St. Paul, but also for the front lounge having a WARM view of the fireworks by the water (I wasn't at all disappointed that I could watch them directly from my room)

Customer service: 10/10

Restaurant inside the hotel (Caspar): 10/10
- for having being downstairs from my room
- for AVAILABILITY AND amazing food for a great price on NYE for $35 / person (for 3 courses) or $70 / person (for 4 courses)

Bottom line, I would stay here again and every time after.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Rue St. Paul offer a lot of people watching opportunities, not to mention a view of a g...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Team at the Auberge du Vieux Port, we all wish you Happy New Years.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for your amazing rating.
It is always a pleasure for us to see that you appreciated the hotel, services and had an excellent New Years Eve with us.

We do hope to have you stay with us again very soon.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I want to start the review by stating this was a VERY special getaway for a couple -and the hotel did not disappoint. If you are looking for a romantic getaway for that special someone, look no further.

BOOKING
Upon booking my stay, I was on the phone to confirm in advance they could park my large pickup truck somewhere. The phone staff was very quick, responsive, bi-lingual and helpful. So I booked and stayed with my girlfriend for new years. The old part of Montreal was very nice, very romantic and overall, I'd highly recommend the hotel and the stay overall with a few small areas for improvement.

ARRIVAL AND STAY
We were greeted when we pulled up by name. The bellman knew my name and knew to expect the arrival of my truck. We had help with our bags, and my girlfriend grew to enjoy being called "mademoiselle". We were given the choice of 2 rooms and we stayed in a very large, nice room in the older part of the hotel. A TA traveler should ask for the older part when booking - it's "way prettier" according to my girlfriend. We stayed in room 201.It had a Beautiful view, and we watched New Years fireworks out our hotel room window over the old port!! The Front desk staff was timely and accommodating. There was an in room heater that was very nice, the shower was GREAT, and the comfy beds kept us sleeping in. The room was great overall, with some small inconveniences. The location was AMAZING. The staff was AMAZING.

ROOM TO IMPROVE
These are some minor nitpicks- but combined to make the hotel a 4/5 in my eyes. My bill with parking and all taxes and fees for 2 nights was over $600 USD so for that kind of $ I want perfection in my opinion. It was NYE and in a great part of the city - but to be the best of the best, it has to be perfect...

-The Hotel accommodated and parked large truck with minimal extra free however, my power folding mirrors were not working when left. Not sure if they were bumped someone how or ice got in there, but they worked when I arrived so I'm not pleased. I did speak to the nicest bellman and he knew that the mirrors were power I don't think he broke them but I'm bummed. They only charged me for 1 night of parking instead of 2 but it was parked in the street on NYE....
-They were understandably busy on New Years at check out, but had only one person at the front desk. Checkout line was long and slow.
-The room only had 2 bath towels. Most women use one for body and 1 for hair and if we both shower in the morning - I'm stuck using a hand towel to dry off. I've never been to a hotel that only provides 2 bath towels. No fun there..
-We had to call down to get room freshening- we left around noon and I spoke to the maid beforehand and told her to please make up our room, but when we came back at 7 the room hadn't been touched.
-The toilet clogged too. The chain that attaches to the flusher button was getting bound up alot, I took the lid off several times to jiggle the handle or fix it by reaching in if that didn't work. We didn't want to change rooms because we LOVED our room and overall, LOVED our stay.

Room Tip: old part of the hotel is nicer, we had 201 and loved it
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This charming auberge is perfectly located. It is walking distance to downtown Montreal if you have finished meandering around old Montreal. The decor is warm and inviting. Breakfast was included and very good, lots of options. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. My only criticism is the wifi was spotty at best. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

this is a really lovely hotel in a great spot overlooking the old port area.The rooms are fabulous with a touch of old and new - very lovely decor , ,very atmospheric.The breakfast bar was a bit ordinary ,however that is not so important .would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: a room facing the front street is the best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Auberge du Vieux-Port? Share your experiences!