“Had to have my say” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant L'Academie Crescent

Restaurant L'Academie Crescent
2100 Crescent St., Montreal, Quebec H3G 2B8, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))
(514) 664-4455
Transit: Guy Concordia or Peel Metro
Montreal
“Had to have my say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I recently went for a very late lunch, bordering on supper, with colleagues who wanted to try this restaurant and I kept my expectations low due to the negative reviews here. Well, I was surprised. This is a 3 story restaurant and we were on the main floor, which was nice and sunny. The food presentation was quite nice and portions generous. The Table d'Hôte included Lobster Bisque or salad. I opted for the bisque, which was a flavorful hit, then had pasta with fresh and sun dried tomatoes, basil and olive oil, with mozzarella cheese. As a garlic lover, I would have added a whack of garlic to it, but that's just me. One colleague had a Duck Confit Salad which was beautiful and she thoroughly enjoyed. Another had an Omelet Parma, which was also a hit. The 3rd person had fish which she wasn't overly excited about, although I'm not sure why. We all finished up with coffees and tisanes and a small brownie. For my bisque, pasta, tisane and sweet the bill before tip was $15.95CAD. One can't expect high end Italian for that amount, as some of the other reviewers seem to have expected. The service was prompt and very friendly.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I ordered from the table d'hote menua and chose the soup of the day (cauliflower), and had the halibut as a main course. The soup was good, but I found a long hair in it - definitely not appetizing. The fish was up next and it too was good. The accompanying vegetables, however, left much to be desired. Service was prompt.

Overall, I thought this was a fairly average restaurant. Contrary to several reviews, I didn't feel that it offered such great value.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Always a nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This BYOB has a nice menu. The salmon is perfectly cooked and the veal scaloppine is covered in a beautiful Marsala sauce. Service is impeccable - polite, professional and quick.

Canada
“Great food combined with bring your own wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Five of us went for dinner at L'Academie on Crescent Street. They do not have a liqour license, so you can bring your favourite wine or beer. The restaurant is situated on the second floor, so there are stairs to climb ( about 10-12). The restaurant was busy for a Monday evening, which was a good sign. We were asked if we wanted to sit on the main floor or on the upper floor. We were given a window circular table which was nicely laid out with a white tablecloth and linens. Our waiter was prompt to introduce himself, look after our wine needs and make menu suggestions. Everyone expressed great satisfaction in the flavour of their dish, the presentation and quantity; choices were varied: manicotti, veal parmigiana, scallops and penne. No one tried the mussel and fries special. Most were too full for a dessert, so two ordered creme brulée and one the cake with decaf filtered coffee and tisanes. I would recommend this restaurant as an inexpensive restaurant because it is very good and it is situated in the heart of Montreal night action...pubs and clubs can be found down the street from it. If you google it, a menu with prices is available. This is the second L' Academie that I have thoroughly enjoyed (the first one was on St. Denis). Delicious, priced right plus you can bring your own wine.

• Visited October 2011
Quebec city, Canada
“Good food, good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a nice restaurant near the action in Montreal. It's one of the best restaurant where you can bring your own wine. We love the menu's selection, and the service is at his best !
We've been there twice while in Montreal this summer.

• Visited July 2011