“More pros than cons” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roy
Transit: The restaurant is located on St-Denis just two blocks north of Sherbrooke metro station and a short walk south from Mont-Royal metro station.
Description: At Tasso only real Greek gastronomy is served and dishes are carefully prepared with quality products by 2 brothers who are the owners and chefs. Real kitchen mathematicians who love cooking by putting forward some diverse and varied formulas and creating what is known as Mezze (Greek tapas), the specialty of the house. Other specialties include fish, seafood and octopus... you will definitely love it. All this is offered with a wide selection of Greek wines. After you try this restaurant, you will never think of Greek cuisine the same way. For a general idea of the Greek culinary wealth, Tasso also offers a tasting menu!
Westport
“More pros than cons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Creative dishes, some more successful than others. Excellent service by Francois–humorous, helpful and very engaging. The octopus was wonderful, moussaka hearty, original and flavorful, but the accompanying potatoes were practically raw. Fish ravioli was...inventive. Not necessarily in a good way. Beans were delicious but dry or undercooked. Wine by the glass was great, baklava was excellent, dense and delicious. Kudos for trying, but at these prices, every bite should be scrumptious and satisfying.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Not my favorite Greek restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

On a positive note to start, this restaurant has a cute terrace for the summer and it's one of the only Greek restaurant close to there. The decor is nice. The service is ok, but not the best. I don't feel the Greek vibe in this place. The menu is interesting, but the portion too small and too pricey. Tasting menu is not worth it. The fish is not cooked perfectly. And to be a good Greek restaurant, you need to know how to serve your fish. It's a nice place for sharing some tapas on a summer night with a bottle of wine on the terrace. Don't go as a group. Better for family, few people, and couples. I went there a few times, but my last experience was not the greatest. To sum up, this is not a bad restaurant, it's an ok place for a quiet dinner. It is just not the best.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“You have to be kidding”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were six, we all dine out frequently. This was horrible. The portions were so small AND we had to share each plate. the fish cold -Blah ) the scrimp ,difficult to even cut, guinea fowl ( dry and chewy). We chose the discovery menu???? . Service slow- prices outragous to what you got- wine list very expensive. $115 for two - one glass of wine 1 beer and we left hungry and cold ( the place a drafty and cold . One washroom for the whole place,we had to wait in line Dont GO

Visited February 2013
montreal, quebec,canada
“not as I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have read the reviews before visiting this restaurant. I must admit, the main factor that made me buy the voucher from living social deals was mainly based from the reviews I have read about this restaurant. Firstly, we were greeted nicely by the guy at the coat area until he insisted talking to us in french, even though I kept on answering back in English! Yes, this is Quebec but I prefer being served in English! Second, the food...for me it was mediocre. We have the degustation; 5 appetizer plus main dish for 49$ (for two). The calamare was not as I expected knowing this is a basic appetizer for greek restaurants, the zuccini was a bit overcooked, you could see they were a bit burnt, the sword fish leaves residue in your mouth. The only saving grace of the night was the grilled chicken with tomato puree and fresh salmon salad with beets! The wine was obviously overpriced (good thing I don't drink). Mythos is way far better than this restaurant. The ambiance isn't the greatest, quite pale. The restaurant was more attractive from the outside that gives you a cozy appeal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
montreal
“Finally a creative Greek restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been to most of the Greek islands and one thing I kept saying is everything is so repetitive, same menu, all the Greek restaurant seem to have the same items all the time. Tasso Bar a Mezze has a creative menu, with a nouvelle cuisine twist. The plates that were brought to our
table were excellent. Just the starter, it was a trio of dips, the presentation and taste were all 5 star. Even the service was excellent. Portions were more than adequate. I will certainly be back.

• Visited February 2013