“Great new boutique hotel in heart of old town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Petit Hotel

You added Le Petit Hotel to your Saves list
Le Petit Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   168 rue St-Paul Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1Z7, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Special Offer
3rd night at 50%
Ranked #3 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great new boutique hotel in heart of old town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We were really impressed by this hotel, and in particular by the staff, who were young, enthusiastic and eager to please, and helped to make it a very enjoyable stay.

Our room were very modern and trendy, but also practical with lots of nice touches, and a very comfortable bed. The hotel is ideally situated for exploring the old town. The hotel doesn't actually have any facilities, other than a drinks area, and a breakfast area. The breakfast was really good, buffet-style and with plenty of choice.

Only downside (if arriving by car) is that it's a very difficult hotel to find by car, due to the maze of one-way streets and road works, so we left our car 300 yards away, and the hotel staff were happy to go and put it into valet parking.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed for two nights at the "Petit Hotel" on our first holiday in Canada and it was a very pleasant experience.
The location is excellent, in old Montreal, but not right in the noisiest part. The rooms are of a good size, not too small, and well appointed with a comfortable, big bed and modern furniture and fittings which contrast nicely with the brick walls. Small, but nicely decorated bathroom with a large, very nice shower.
Breakfast was excellent - all food items were of the best quality and there was a great selection of fresh fruit (4 kinds of fresh berries, pineapple, melon, kiwifruit), yoghurt, good bread, bagels, excellent croissants (best we had in Canada), homemade muffins, jams and butter. The only downside was that the (very noisy) dishwasher was in the breakfast area and the staff systematically put it on whilst we were having breakfast which was very irritating. Given that the restaurant is still under construction, presumably this problem will be solved once the restaurant is functional, as we assume that breakfast would then be served there.
A few minor hiccups: Toiletries were not replaced on the second day and the wooden floor was sticky from a recent treatment which was noted by the staff but unfortunately not resolved. The room lacked of a stand for a suitcase - which was supplied immediately when we asked for it. A kettle in the room would have been a nice addition, as well as folder with information on the hotel and the city.
Overall, the "Petit Hotel" is a beautiful little hotel with a lot of potential. What currently appears to be missing is somebody who oversees the staff and works to optimise service. Staff are extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful, but seem quite inexperienced. With a little more attention to detail and once final touches have been added, it will be perfect.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
LphHotelManager, Hotel Manager at Le Petit Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
Dear Jon & Karin,

On behalf of Le Petit Hotel Team, I’m so thrilled to hear that you had a very pleasant experience among us. Thank you so much for your feedback.

We were very picky on choosing our beds and I’m happy to know that you were comfortable in them. A lot of time and effort was also put in auditioning for THE best ‘‘boulangerie’’ and I’m glad to know that the croissants were the best you had in Canada.

I apologize for the whistle of our dishwasher and wish to share with you that you’ve contributed to the hotel’s improvement as we are in the works for relocating the machine.

Rest assured that on your next Canadian trip, all the final touches will be added and WE will be perfect for your comeback tour.

Please feel free to contact me shall you wish to discuss our response furthermore.

Kind regards,

Patrick Huynh
Hotel Manager
patrick@petithotelmontreal.com
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Incredible staff who was very helpful in giving us tips as well as always having a smile on them. If you are visiting Montreal and want a great place with a small boutique yet elegant feel stay here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
BALI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

My wife a I stayed at the Le Petit Hotel in Montrel for only one night but could happily have spent longer.It is in the middle of Old Montreal ,nearby lots of restaurants and an easy walk to other tourist attractions.
The hotel is actually a very old building sympathetically restored ,keeping its old charm ,whilst the rooms are very modern.Ours had a Queen size extremely comfortable bed with a large plasma TV on the opposite wall.The bathroom was super, with a large walk-in shower which had a cascade type spray.The only drawback was that there were no teamaking facility.
The staff were efficient and very friendly obtaining for us taxis and a dinner booking and generally were very helpful.
Breakfast was included (Continental ) and ther was a coffee machine always available.
I can recommend the "Auberge de Napoleon" for dinner.Two minutes from the hotel and an excellent C$30 Table d'hote.Book!! .
we paid C£170 for B&B

Eric Bali

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I love this hotel, clean, nice & friendly, love the modern decoration... will come back again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I wanted to stay in the Old City in a particular Auberge which had been highly recommended. The Auberge was full and its operator immediately transferred my phone call to the "new hotel" across the street which was somehow affiliated with the Auberge. I was skeptical but our experience at Le Petit turned out to be wonderful. All staff is knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. We had a "medium" room. It was comfortable, attractive and extremely well designed to make intelligent use of the relatively small space. As one example, the bathroom sink bowl was see-through glassLike the Auberge, the hotel is conveniently located to the restaurants, shops and Old City sights.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
England, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

One of the best hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in! A beautiful boutique hotel with style and panache right in the heart of Old Montreal. Lots of stuff to do within easy walking distance of the hotel. My room was fantastic with simply the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and a brilliant shower too! Also free Wi-Fi, a large LCD Tv, ipod docking station, a safe, great breakfast, you won't want to leave. My stay was a faultless experience helped by the most friendly and welcoming staff who provided outstanding customer service. I didn't have a clue how to get around Montreal but they helped me every step of the way providing maps, printing off directions willing to answer any questions I had. They'd wish me a good day each time I left in morning and on my return asked me how my day was with genuine interest. I cannot recommend this place highly enough! PERFECT! I'll be back!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Le Petit Hotel? Share your experiences!