“For a serious massage, book Nathalie” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 167 Activities in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Unwind with the scandinavian baths and massages experience and the thermotherapy : sauna, hydrojets bath, and cold bath, steam bath, relaxation areas - Juice bar - Share your experience by offering gift cards
Toronto, Canada
“For a serious massage, book Nathalie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

After the drive from Toronto, the 90 minute deep tissue massage I booked was just what I needed. Nathalie is nothing short of amazing! When I first looked at her, I thought that there's no way she'd be able to give me a massage comparable to the 6'4" male therapist I see in Toronto - I was wrong! She is hands down the BEST massage therapist I've ever had in all my years. I'm not exaggerating when I say she's worth the visit to Montreal for a massage! She was sweet & professional and came into work that day only for my massage since deep tissue is her specialty.

The spa itself is also fantastic & conveniently located in the Old Port. I visited on a Wednesday night so it was quite busy. The circuit of hot to cold is great with a selection of steam room, whirlpool or dry sauna. There's also a juice bar for the rest period. The space is small & clean & the staff is friendly & helpful. Definitely worth checking out.

Visited November 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hi SamiGA,

Thank you very much for your review! We're proud to have been on your itinerary while visiting Montreal. We'll hopefully welcome you again for your next massage experience with Nathalie!

Relaxing regards

Caroline P.

Vancouver, Canada
158 attraction reviews
“European style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a spa in Old Montréal that is clean, well organized and can be enjoyed at your own pace. Good welcome. Great explanation of their services and where everything is located. It is not a large space so easy to figure it out in person. They have a rubber bracelet that opens your locker which is pretty cool. European style as it is getting hot, then cooling off quickly and then relaxing. You repeat this process as much as you want. The swedish massage was excellent and worth the money. On a bad note, there were a lack of extra towels in the women's changing room. Surprising for a spa to run out of clean towels. It is very quiet which is much appreciated. You can do a soaker pool, steam bath or dry sauna.

Visited November 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
HI AirSchis,

Thank you very much for your review ! We are proud to read you have enjoyed your experience. As for the towel, our staff is supposed to fill the changing room with dry ones, and we give new towel on demand as well. Unfortunatly, there were no towels when you came and we are sorry for that. On your next visit, do not hesitate to ask for new ones, it will be a pleasure for us.

We hope to welcome you on your next visit in Montreal.

Relaxing Regards,

Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Truly an urban oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently I am curious about spas, and I 've been here twice in October (bath access x1 and bath+swedish massage x1)and once (bath+lomi-atsu massage) in November. I can't help but compare it with the other boat style spa in the Old Port, where I went in October. Although that spa boasts a panoramic view of the Old Montreal, I dislike it for: small locker space, poorly maintained site, rude staff , noisy environment (even on a weekday morning), and the inconvenient indoor traffic flow.

When I visited the Spa Scandinave, I can always fully relax. Located in the heart of Old Montreal, the spa is truly an urban oasis. The check-in is fast and efficient, and they have a separate coat check area and a well-equipped locker room (bigger locker of course). In the spa, time flies with the serene ambience, friendly staff, while the interior area is easy to navigate. This spa is well maintained too, because I always see staff working around. As for the massage, both therapists I met are quite friendly and professional. I will definitely come back soon!

Visited November 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hi JY198011,

We would like to thank you very much for your kind review ! You are right, our aim is to offer you a relaxation experience out of time and we are proud you have enjoyed it ! We have a loyalty program, do not hesitate to ask for it on your next visit !

We hope to welcome you soon and thank you

Montreal, Canada
“One bad experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Normally I've had great massage therapists and a wonderful relaxing experience at both the old montreal and tremblant locations but after tonight I am a bit scared off from going back. I never specify who I want as a massage therapist and this time I got a lady who didn't know what she was doing. In addition to giving a very strange, uncomfortable, sloppy massage that was going on top of my spine, hitting my face, and the middle of my upper chest, she was also very gasy and burping the entire time through my massage. She didn't even hold it in or try to make it discreet or apologize.
Needless to say, not only was my experience unpleasant but my spine and lower back are aching as well.
I definitely will be asking about the education of the massage therapist I receive before booking anywhere again and certainly am weary of going back.

Visited October 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi Diana L

We would like to thank you for taking time to review Scandinave Spa Old Montreal. We are really sorry to learn that your last massage didn't meet your expectation. Your describtion of your massage is definitly not the experience we want to offer to our guests. That's why I invite you to contact Marie Noel Cadieux, Massage Therapists Supervisor, marie-noel@scandinave.com.

We really hope you will give us another chance with another massage therapist !

Relaxing regards,

“So relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Was as this spa with my daughter.We really enjoyed ourselves!
It is a really nice and relaxing quiet place!
The people there are so calm and relaxe!!!!
I will be going back for sure!

Visited October 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi Marie-therese L,

We would like to thank you for your review ! We are proud you have enjoyed your experience with your daughter !

We hope to welcome you soon !

Relaxing regards