“So relaxing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal

Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal
71, rue de la Commune Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2C6, Canada (Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal))
514-288-2009
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 50 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Unwind with the scandinavian baths and massages experience and the thermotherapy : sauna, hydrojets bath, and cold bath, steam bath, relaxation areas - Juice bar - Share your experience by offering gift cards
“So relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Was as this spa with my daughter.We really enjoyed ourselves!
It is a really nice and relaxing quiet place!
The people there are so calm and relaxe!!!!
I will be going back for sure!

Visited October 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi Marie-therese L,

We would like to thank you for your review ! We are proud you have enjoyed your experience with your daughter !

We hope to welcome you soon !

Relaxing regards

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Best Nordic Style Spa in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently visited this spa with my mom for a well deserved spa day. I was a bit reticent at first because I enjoy outdor nordic spa the most, but I was pleasantly surprised! It is very close to the core of the city, only a short walk away from Metro Place D'armes. The spa itself was not very big, but so well constructed I couldn't help but fall in love with it. You Come in through the locker rooms, which are stocked with everything you need (a bathrobe,towels, sandals, and electronic lockers are included) - The bathrooms have hair straighteners, blow dryers, makeup remover, cotton balls, hair brushes (in Barbicide sanitizer), tampons for the ladies, hair elastics, hairspray, lotion (and the showers are stocked with heavenly scented shower gel, shampoo and conditioner). Inside you find yourself in a low light environment, which is very soothing. There is a big pool/whirl pool with a hot waterfall, a small cold bath, a cold rain shower, a eucalyptus steam bath and a dry finnish sauna. Everywhere there are "fatboys" bean bag to just relax and crash as well as bean bag lounge chairs. There is a secluded quiet zero stress zone at the back where you can definately fall asleep. And if you get thirsty, they not only offer complementary water (of course) but also camelia sinensis tea (best tea house in montreal!). There are many large frosted windows which bring in a lot of natural light, while still remaining very soothing. Skip the Sky Spa and go to this one instead!

Visited October 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Nikkie F,

I would like to thank you for your amazing review ! You have noticed every details ! Actually, we pay a lot of attention to all the small details/improvment which will make your visit a truly memorable experience and we are glad you have enjoyed it !

We hope to welcome you soon !

Leawood, Kansas
17 attraction reviews
“Just what we were looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We frequently go to spas when traveling and Scandinave has been one of the best. The check in was very effecient and helpful. We both had the 90 minute swedish massage and we both had an excellent experience. After that, we completed 3 series of the hot-cold-rest that they recommended. We both felt very relaxed and energized all at the same time. The spa is very quiet and peaceful and they make a big effort to keep it that way. We were able to nap and just totally unwind. It was a rainy day outside and we could not think of a better way to spend the day! We spent 4.5 hours there including the massage.

Visited September 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hi HawkMD,

Thank you very much for your very kind review ! Our mission is to offer you an amazing and relaxing environment and we are glad that you have enjoyed your massage and baths experience with the benefits of Hot-Cold-Rest cycles.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next visit at Scandinave Spa Vieux Montréal.

Vancouver
5 attraction reviews
“Good way to refresh after a red eye flight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was a little nervous to visit this fully indoor spa after visiting their stunning outdoor location in Whistler. There was no need to worry! My boyfriend and I spent 7.5 hours at the spa after flying into town on a red eye flight and waiting for our hotel room to be ready. It was bliss! I napped in their quiet room, soaked in the hot pools, had an amazing massage with Jimmy, snacked on smoothies and cookies from their juice bar and woke myself up in their cold pool. We were there on a Thursday, so we got to take advantage of their summer rate ($96 for an hour long massage and access to the spa for the day). It was great value!

Visited August 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi Caresse S

Thank you very much for your kind review ! The baths & Massage exprience is perfect after long flight, for jet lag and we are proud you have enjoyed the experience. As we are an indoor spa, some people hesitates to try it, but the experience allows our guests to get away from it all : stress, jet - lag, temperature. weather ....

We hope to welcome you again on you next visit to Montreal !

Relaxing Regards,

Toronto, Canada
“Scandinave Montreal Not Recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I frequently visit the Scandinave baths in Collingwood, so when I was in Montreal, I truly looked forward to going to their location in quaint old Montreal. I soon discovered that I wasn't in Kansas anymore! It was just a truly horrible experience.

I was greeted at the desk by a young woman with dark hair who was very militant and through explaining how the facility works. But, when someone says they are familiar with the hot/cold/rest tempo then you should drop it. Not this young lady, she went into greater detail as I sat there stunned and dumb founded at her lack of listening and empathy skills. She was so arrogant on top of it, that I honestly felt uncomfortable and hoped the rest of the experience would be better. Most spas I visit, the people are calm and serene and welcoming. Not here!

After showering and changing I set out to explore the facility. My first stop was the juice bar to see what they offered, an to hydrate with water and tea. The young petite woman with black curly hair tied back, with glasses, behind the counter just chatted with an older white haired man in French as I sat there for a good five minutes. She kept looking at me as if I was an alien. Like it wasn't her job to be of service. She never said hello or may I help you. She just kept on talking to this guy and it seemed like they were gossiping.

Strike two when it comes to customer service. The response time was just unbelievable! I quietly squirreled away feeling even more uncomfortable. I actually felt like leaving!

The baths were very relaxing and I quite enjoyed my experience. The wet steam room was out of service, and the dry heat steam room was lovely. It had this sandalwood or patchouli scent that was divine, however for someone who is sensitive to scent, this particular steam room may not be ideal.

When I met my massage therapist, I realized he was in the baths with me a bit earlier. I thought it was kind of strange, as most places have their employees use the facility on their days off. My massage experience was subpar. I asked for deeper pressure and got really limp and long strokes instead. I honesty don't know what is happening in this place. None of the staff seem to listen, or perhaps it's a language barrier thing.

After my massage and more heat, I really needed a snack as I felt like I was going to pass out. Most places offer nuts and fruit, but not here. They keep the nuts behind the counter and they weigh it and charges you!!! I hesitantly approached the girl behind he juice bar again and all she did was stand and stare at me. No "hello" or "how can I help you". I finally said I would like some nuts and dates, and corrected her in her serving technique. She was going to give me a plate full good for family snacking! I just needed a pick me up that didn't have a thousand calories! She then said if that's all I wanted (small amount) she wasn't going to charge me. I said thank you, and that I appreciated it. Later though, at checkout, looks like she had changed her mind and decided to charge me $1.40. I mean really? Who says they're not going to charge you and then does the opposite. That is lack a total lack of integrity if I ever did encounter it and it was strike three for this place. Or wait now, no it's definitely STRIKE FOUR.

Generally, the staff seem a bit standoffish and resentful of the guests. They speak to you in passive aggressive manner and psychically attack you with daggers! This is not my idea of a spa or the type of environment I find conducive to peace and relaxation.

It's as if they think they shouldn't be there serving us. If that's the case, then maybe these people shouldn't be there. The black curly haired girl with glasses sat behind the juice bar gossiping with the gray haired guy the whole time (3 hours), who turned out to be a massage therapist, in between breaks. It was obvious they were talking about the guests.

Would I go back to Scandinave Montreal? Absolutely not!!!!

Visited July 2013
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Jennifer J,

We would like to thank you for taking time to review Scandinave Spa Vieux Montréal and we are sorry to see that you haven't enjoyed your experience.

As for the receptionist team, that's true they are eager to explain our guests how to do the cycle of hot/cold/rest because the results are so amazing on the stress when it is done correctly. This person will be informed to be less demonstrative about this, however we do assure you that is not arrangance, just a strong feeling to be professional and helpful.

Regarding the Juice Bar, I will personally inform the woman who worked that day, because this behavior is unacceptable. All our team is trained to be helpful, professionnal and dynamic. At the Juice bar, all our snacks are at reasonnable price, for exemple our Prana Nuts and Dry Fruits are sold in one size: 100 gr for 1 person 3.50 $.

All the team has access to the baths at anytime (except when it is too busy) in order to explain the benefits of the scandinavian baths experience. It is very good as well for the massage therapist thanks to that, they are even more focused on their customer needs. I am sorry to see that the massage did not meet your expectation. To improve it and do a follow up with your massage therapist, do not hesitate to send an email at the supervisor of the massahe therapist : Marie Noel Cadieux : marie-noel@scandinave.com.

We hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Montreal

Relaxing regards,