“Good pre-hockey spot, but that's it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grange vin+bouffe

Grange vin+bouffe
120 McGill suite 101, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2E5, Canada (Ville-Marie)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,459 of 4,549 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Cross street: Between Welington+William
Transit: Square-Victoria subway, bus and cab station just in front.
Montreal, Canada
“Good pre-hockey spot, but that's it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Not too far from the BCentre and offering realtivly good food, albeit expensive, the welcome was warm, the ribs were good, the sweet potato sticks lacklustre and the warm 'choucroute' was so-so.
Too many other restaurant on this street that are better.
Makes me think of a Toronto pseudo-sophisticate joint

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“TERRIBLE - PRETENTIOUS LADY MANAGER -DO NOT GO!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking forward to a nice evening at la grange. When we arrived we were told that the restaurant was closed for a private event and that we were lying about the reservation( impossible to have booked a 7:30 rsvp, impossible that they would have put it in the computer ect.).
I have never been treated so poorly before. Not sure how this place stays open with the terrible customer service. Would recommend spending your hard earned dollars at one of the many many restaurants in montreal who put the customer first. I know I will!
Note to the owner: 1) the lady "manager" we spoke to is horrific. Check out the reviews on multiple websites 2) Think of 'word of mouth'reviews - I can guarantee you lost many clients because of the fiasco we went through

• Visited January 2013
Montreal, qc
“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hi, I wanted to share my experience I had at the Grange the other night! My husband and I had a Tuango coupon and it was expiring soon so we decided to go and try out this restaurant. What a MISTAKE. The HOSTESS, she claimed she was the manager, was so RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL!! She would not take us without any reservations. We asked if we can sit at the bar and she said without reservations it was impossible to sit anywhere that night. So basically she told us to leave!!! So for everyone out there with a Tuango coupon and who is not a Francophone don't bother going, they will treat you like DIRT!!!

Visited January 2013
montreal
“Would the chef wait 1 hour for his food??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I understand the policy of two sittings in the resto business today is better for profits and food freshness and turn over,but when the only time available on a wednesday night is 8 pm you expect to get fast service from the kitchen...not!!!
Maybe the problem was my Tuango coupon...but still at 50$ plus wine and coffee, it still came out at 100$.But thats not the problem...the food was fantastic..hot,fresh and well prepared..love the fact that the plates were hot..nice touch...but the poor waiter had nothing to do put fill up my water glass because the food took so long to be served..what a joke...they should offer a bed to sleep in while you wait...now that i've tried..the great food is not worth the wait...1 hour for the entrèe and another 45 min. for the main course..
Not exceptable...in 2013...

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Freezing cold in the winter no matter how much heat is on!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Lady manager which also a server, did not ask us if the food is okay within 5 minutes after eating.
Extreme prejudice by adding 15% service charge without informing before hand. Food not served hot.

• Visited January 2013