“Perfect retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Perfect retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The studio was just wonderful and Michel the perfect host. I've never stayed in such a perfect B&B and can not fault it at all: everything was so clean, well kept, comfortable and I wanted for nothing. The breakfast was very generous - no chance of starting the day hungry.

Even though I was travelling alone, I felt completely safe and at home and Michel was happy to be at the end of a phone should I need anything.

Michel is obviously passionate about his business and should be proud of his studios. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again should I return to Montreal and will be recommending it to my Canadian friends wholeheartedly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Bonjour Sarah,

Thank you for all theses kind words! Really happy you enjoy your time at Studio living: you've been a great guest as well!

And of course, you are more then welcome to come back when ever you plan to come and visit Montreal again!..

FInally, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Studio living

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Truro, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in early October. First of all, I have to tell you how fantastic Michel is! He made us feel like old friends coming for a visit. His knowledge of Montreal is fantastic and he is more than happy to give advice on where to eat, what to see, and how to get there. We walked everwhere we wanted to go, including the biodome (which took about an hour) and loved it. Montreal is just a beautiful and friendly city.

The studio itself is exactly like the pictures. It was so perfect for the 2 of us. The bed was very comfortable. The whole place was spotless and always was again when we returned each day. The food supplied for breakfast was more than enough and very yummy. ( my husband loved the croissants). I could just go on and on.

We plan on staying here again next time we visit Montreal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
studioliving, Manager at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Wow!

Thank you for this amazing review! Just happy that you appreciate my tips about the city...

And it's always nice to see guests like you bite into the city like you did!

You are welcome to come back anytime!

Michel Lapointe
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife, daughters & i rented the 2 ground floor studios for 4 nites & i have to say, the photos & descriptions on the website do not do them justice. The units were far better than we expected, plenty of space for 2 people in each, the kitchen is very large & there is a washer/dryer in one of the units. One big issue for me is the bed, as i have a bad back. The bed was very comfortable.

Michel provides breakfast every morning which you get to enjoy in the privacy of your own apartment. The 2 units share a beautiful backyard garden, free parking on the street, which is in a very central neighborhood. Michel did a great job answering all our questions, recommending places to eat & what to see... overall an excellent host. We have stayed in B&Bs in the US, Canada & Europe and we all agreed this was the best.

Room Tip: ask for the ground floors
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Bonjour Michael,

Thank you for this amazing review: you are making my week! :-)

It was a real pleasure to meet you and all of your familly... And it's always an honor when people choose Studio living for a familly reunion!

Really happy you enjoy your time at Studio living and you are welcome anytime when you come back to Montreal!

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review: it's always a big lift up for me to try to do better, when I have such a great feel back...

Cheers!

Los Angeles, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Older area of Montreal. Michel has really done a nice job with the units. The studio is all yours. It has a separate kitchen area, which enables one to bring in food instead of going out. Big help: washer and dryer, which is a bonus in the middle of a trip.
The apartment makes you feel like you have elbow room.
Michel supplies all sorts of info re restaurants and sightseeing. Can't go wrong staying here for a few days.

Room Tip: A GPS really helps tp locate the apartments.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Well...

Thank you for the nice comments! And has mention in your title: Studio living is indeed, a private gataway!

Really glad you enjoy your time here...

Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent three wonderful days in Montreal with very comfortable accommodation at Studio Living B&B. The location is excellent: on a quiet street yet close to many good restaurants, interesting walks, the Metro, shops and entertainment. We were in Montreal for the Rock 'n' Roll Oasis half marathon and found Studio Living to be in easy reach of the start at the Jacques Cartier Bridge and thankfully, only 5 minutes walk from the finish at Parc LaFontaine! Michel was a very gracious host, providing us with all the information we needed, plentiful breakfast supplies and a very clean, comfortable studio. The private patio & garden outside is a lovely place to relax - so peaceful. I have already recommended Studio Living to friends who are planning a trip to Montreal next month - and we would definitely stay there again next time we visit this beautiful and vibrant city. Michel - merci beaucoup!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Bonjour Madeleine,

I'm really happy you enjoy your time at the studio with your familly!

And indeed, the studio has one of the best location during Montreal's marathon... And I'm gald you enjoy our garden as well...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review: you are more then welcome to come back anytime! And thanks for the spreeding the words...

Have a great fall season!

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had a wonderful time at Studio Living B&B. As a woman travelling alone, I felt very safe in the area and kept to well-lit streets. The neighbourhood is quaint with several places to buy beautiful fresh cheeses, breads and fruits. Michel (best B&B host ever!) made me feel comfortable and almost like family from the time I met him. The studio was decorated to perfection with everyting well maintained and spotlessly clean. The selection of breakfast items was perfect and the quantity excellent. There was even chocolate! Michel had several helpful tips and suggestions to make my time in this beautiful city even more enjoyable. The proximity to the Metro was a great feature. As I told Michel, I can't imagine coming back to Montreal and not staying at Studio Living. Thank you Michel for your warmth and hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Bonjour karen,

Wow! You are too nice! Amazing review, thanks! And you were a great guest as well! I'm glad you enjoy your time away from home and if I was able to make it even better, well my job was well done!

Have a great fall season and you are always welcome to come back for more!

Cheers!

TOKYO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Because I had a nice choice to stay at The Studio Living. Especioly, Thank you for your kindness and taking care of me , Michel, owner! I relaxed at this studio, because it has a space, 2 room and backyard, Michel keeps clean and taking care of kitchen well, including several kind of foods, location also good. Although I visited Montreal by myself, but I was able to enjoy to stay at the Studio, like stayng at home and in Montreal. I would like to stay at Studio if I'll visit Montreal again.
Michiko Otani from Japan

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Michiko,

It was a real pleasure to met you here, in Montreal: you came a long way to visit! Really happy you enjoy your studio and had time to discover the city and all...

And yes, you are right: Studio living is a bit like home away from home! Glad you enjoy it!

Until we meet again...

Studio living

Been to Studio Living B&B? Share your experiences!