“private Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, california
“private Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Older area of Montreal. Michel has really done a nice job with the units. The studio is all yours. It has a separate kitchen area, which enables one to bring in food instead of going out. Big help: washer and dryer, which is a bonus in the middle of a trip.
The apartment makes you feel like you have elbow room.
Michel supplies all sorts of info re restaurants and sightseeing. Can't go wrong staying here for a few days.

Room Tip: A GPS really helps tp locate the apartments.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Well...

Thank you for the nice comments! And has mention in your title: Studio living is indeed, a private gataway!

Really glad you enjoy your time here...

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent three wonderful days in Montreal with very comfortable accommodation at Studio Living B&B. The location is excellent: on a quiet street yet close to many good restaurants, interesting walks, the Metro, shops and entertainment. We were in Montreal for the Rock 'n' Roll Oasis half marathon and found Studio Living to be in easy reach of the start at the Jacques Cartier Bridge and thankfully, only 5 minutes walk from the finish at Parc LaFontaine! Michel was a very gracious host, providing us with all the information we needed, plentiful breakfast supplies and a very clean, comfortable studio. The private patio & garden outside is a lovely place to relax - so peaceful. I have already recommended Studio Living to friends who are planning a trip to Montreal next month - and we would definitely stay there again next time we visit this beautiful and vibrant city. Michel - merci beaucoup!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Bonjour Madeleine,

I'm really happy you enjoy your time at the studio with your familly!

And indeed, the studio has one of the best location during Montreal's marathon... And I'm gald you enjoy our garden as well...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review: you are more then welcome to come back anytime! And thanks for the spreeding the words...

Have a great fall season!

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had a wonderful time at Studio Living B&B. As a woman travelling alone, I felt very safe in the area and kept to well-lit streets. The neighbourhood is quaint with several places to buy beautiful fresh cheeses, breads and fruits. Michel (best B&B host ever!) made me feel comfortable and almost like family from the time I met him. The studio was decorated to perfection with everyting well maintained and spotlessly clean. The selection of breakfast items was perfect and the quantity excellent. There was even chocolate! Michel had several helpful tips and suggestions to make my time in this beautiful city even more enjoyable. The proximity to the Metro was a great feature. As I told Michel, I can't imagine coming back to Montreal and not staying at Studio Living. Thank you Michel for your warmth and hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Bonjour karen,

Wow! You are too nice! Amazing review, thanks! And you were a great guest as well! I'm glad you enjoy your time away from home and if I was able to make it even better, well my job was well done!

Have a great fall season and you are always welcome to come back for more!

Cheers!

TOKYO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Because I had a nice choice to stay at The Studio Living. Especioly, Thank you for your kindness and taking care of me , Michel, owner! I relaxed at this studio, because it has a space, 2 room and backyard, Michel keeps clean and taking care of kitchen well, including several kind of foods, location also good. Although I visited Montreal by myself, but I was able to enjoy to stay at the Studio, like stayng at home and in Montreal. I would like to stay at Studio if I'll visit Montreal again.
Michiko Otani from Japan

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Michiko,

It was a real pleasure to met you here, in Montreal: you came a long way to visit! Really happy you enjoy your studio and had time to discover the city and all...

And yes, you are right: Studio living is a bit like home away from home! Glad you enjoy it!

Until we meet again...

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had a great time staying here, very comfortable, well decorated, every mod-con. I loved the garden at the back and sitting in the sun, making my own breakfast with all favourite food, and above all owner Michel who was super helpful and kind. Well situated for exploring Montreal, with bixi bikes at the end of the road. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Wow!

Thank you for this nice review! Really happy you enjoy your time at Studio living! Always welcome to come back for more!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

Redmond, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just the perfect place to stay at if you are travelling with kids. We stayed here for three nights and it was just what we wanted. There was a little backyard for the baby to run around in. The rooms were stylish and spotless. The breakfast was croissants, juice, cereal etc. Nothing fancy or cooked but totally sufficient.

The studio has everything that you could need. Washer, dryer, fridge, microwave, tv etc etc. Only minus was ours did not have a cooking range, but Michel did oblige for some of the things that I needed.

Michel is a great host. Non intrusive but full of information. Our studio was perfectly set up and looks just as it does in the pictures.

This BnB is more of a studio apartment than a conventional BnB. Which was great for us cause we had tons of privacy and space (much needed things with a toddler)

Would I stay here again. Most certainly!

Just as an after thought. This place has the best damn housekeeping ever. Everyday we came back, our room looked like we were walking in for the very first time. They would even wash all the milk bottles and arrange them neatly. I have never experienced anything like it before!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Wow!

Thanks for all thoses nice comments! Specially for the cleaness of the room: I try to offer a bit of the service you can find in a hotel with the cleaning service... Really happy you appreciate the service...

It was a real pleasure to meet you guys and little Gia: what a beautifull little child!

And thank you for taking the time to write this reveiw!

More then welcome to come back!

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed a week and a half at Studio Living with my boyfriend and I would definitely choose this B&B again. Michel was a great host giving us good tips on things to do and places to go. Our studio was a lot bigger than we had expected and well worth the price. It was stylish, well equipped, very clean and the location was excellent for walking or biking around the city, and the metro is close by as well. We loved the possibility to live in a private apartment instead of some impersonal hotel room. We enjoyed having breakfast in our balcony, in the peace and quiet of the lovely garden. I can highly recommend Studio Living to anyone visiting Montreal. You get the feeling that you are living in the city, not just visiting as a tourist.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Anna,

Just realize I never answer your review yet and just want to take to time to thank you for your nice comments!

I'm really happy you enjoy the fact that you had your own little gateaway in the city and as you said: you have a bit of the feeling of living in the city, not just being a tourist! As I often say: at Studio living, it's like being home away from home...

I wish you both a nice fall season in Finland!

Cheers!

Studio living

Been to Studio Living B&B? Share your experiences!