“Just 'ok' for a short stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Celebrities Hotel

You added Celebrities Hotel to your Saves list
Celebrities Hotel
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1095 Saint Denis Street | (also known as City Cosmopolitan as well as Glamour Hotel Montreal), Montreal, Quebec H2X 3J3, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
New York City, New York
“Just 'ok' for a short stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

The first thing I noticed is that it had really interesting decor, and looked surprisingly decent for a budget inn. If you've got a packed itinerary, and just need a place to sleep and a quick shower, you're good. We didn't pay extra for breakfast, as there are so many other cheaper and better options just about a block away. Especially liked that it was close to Latin Quarter, an area with a bunch of fun restaurants, bars and shops. Kind of equivalent to a smaller Haight-Ashbury of San Francisco, or St. Marks of NYC. Just be extra careful when it's really late at night, and when no one is around as there are a lot of beggars, homeless people, and druggies walking about. That might be why one of the reviewers wrote that the back door on their room looked like it was tampered with. If you're from a big city, you probably won't be deterred by this. Overall, the place did the job.

The only thing that PISSED me off was that on the third day I get a call from my bank saying that the credit card that I had used at the front desk had been used to purchase a whole lot of stuff online from merchants in Montreal! I didn't want to make a big deal since 1. I didn't want to ruin our holiday, 2. I didn't have concrete evidence to blame any of the many front desk people who changed according to shifts, 3. I didn't have time to waste to deal with this BS and 4. I could get a refund. Hence, I reminded myself to share with all you kind folks out there to be extra careful when giving your credit card to the front desk of this inn. It could happen anywhere, but the person who did this may still be working there, so please be cautious about your credit card information here. Try to pay by cash if possible.

Room Tip: Across the street to a taxi line, and up a block from the train. There's no need to rent a car a...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

the loaction of the hotel was really good which was close to downtown but the condition of the room was really old not good as the images seem. there were bed bugs who bit my boyfriend and me so many times because the decoration of the room is old and wood. there wasnt even a door to the toilet it just had a curtain. when i used the hairdryer all the lights went off i personally dont recommend any one to go.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

This is more of a hostel than a hotel. I've stayed in much nicer places in othe cities for the same price.

First, this hotel is not in the nicest part of town. For those of you who don't know Montreal, google the area first.

We were told we had a very nice room upon checking in.

We had a private room/bathroom with a king. The bed took up the whole room. Stand up shower was in the corner, toilet behind a curtain in the other corner. Most things were in a state of disrepair. Our window looked out into an alley where there was always people yelling at each other.

It was fairly clean. We stayed on a quiet weeknight, and still slept in earplugs because you hear every squeak.

Also, don't book this hotel through their online system - the hotel won't refund your deposit, and will still charge the full amount.

• Stayed November 2011
Piladelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We made our reservation online 2 months ahead. When we got our flight- it turned out we would be arriving late (after 9pm), so I called the hotel few days before our arrival to confirm our reservation (no problem) and to inform that we would be arriving late. The lady on the phone found our reservation and assured me everything was fine. To our surprise- when we arrived few days later, on Friday night- it turned out that we did not have a room. The explanation was: "there was a problem with the online booking, and the hotel was overbooked". When we were asking how was this possible- we just called few days before, and everything was fine? And even if something like this took place- why didn't they inform us about it? They had my phone number, and my e-mail address. The answer was: they have contacted me. I checked my phone again, and my e-mails- no one had tried to contact us for the past week, but the lady said "yes, they did". The receptionist suggested us another "hotel". Since it was getting late and we needed a place to stay- we took it. It turned out to be a dormitory! We ended up in a very small, hot and noisy room for a price almost equal to the hotel. Thank you, hotel Celebrities- I will NEVER BOOK WITH YOU AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Ok, I saw this hotel online and it looked rather nice and cool. We booked a large room with a king bed and supposedly private restroom for which we paid around $250 for 2 nights.

The room was the weirdest ever, it was one long corridor leading up to our bedroom, from the bedroom it was another door leading to an upstairs bedroom and a downstairs exit. The exit door was busted, someone had obviously tried to break in there. My husband managed to close and lock it so it made me feel a bit better...It was very close that we just left but another couple living next to us made me feel a bit safer since they seemed to be normal, nice people. We ended up sharing the restroom which was the worst restroom I ever had, you could not even see how u looked like in the mirror because the lighting was so bad.

And about the parking, the hotel recommended us to park in a parking lot u pay for, a block away. And guess what, the car got robbed! Someone slammed a brick through the window and stole a bunch of tools my husband had in the car. It was awful!!!
In sum, STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AND PARKING LOT!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
fredericton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed at this motel last weekend. The toilet wouldn't flush. I went to the front desk and they handed me a plunger.

The sheets and comforter were littered with bed bugs. I immediately reported it to the front desk and they became defensive. I am still trying to get a refund for my stay as I checked out of the motel early.

I reported it to Health Canada. This motel should be condemned. The service and accommodations were unacceptable.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Single room, shared bath, cheap
Overall ok for the money. Location is high point.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Celebrities Hotel? Share your experiences!