“Very Close to Montreal (YUL) Airport.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #85 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Orlando, Florida
“Very Close to Montreal (YUL) Airport.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed there a few days ago for one night as we were departing Montreal at 645am the next morning. The front desk staff was very helpful and there for all our needs. The rooms were pretty modern and the bathrooms had all that we needed. The main reason why we stayed there was the close proximity to the airport, about 15 minutes away. Definitely worth it if ever on a lay over or needing to stay for one night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Andrew G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Steve R,

Thank you very much for taking some time to tell us about your recent stay. We really do value your feedback, especially as a frequent traveler. Thank you.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and as our staff, and that the location of our hotel is convenient. We also do offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as a courtesy van. So you do not need a car while staying here.

Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I used to be an extremely loyal IHG hotel customer. In my over 100 nights per year in a hotel I would religiously stay in IHG properties. I recently switched my loyalty over to Marriott brand hotels after too many inconsistent nights with IHG brands. But I was excited to come back to a Crowne Plaza hotel which has always been one of my favorite. And unfortunately, I was let down again.
I choose the CP Montreal Airport due to its proximity to an early morning meeting I had in Laval, and that it was close to the airport for one of my colleagues. With all of the traffic in Montreal, the hotel was a little hard to get to by car, but it is very close to the airport. It is a very big hotel with a modern lobby and free parking behind the hotel. At check-in I was greeted by very friendly staff and told I was being upgraded to a suite, which was great.
When I entered the room, I immediately noticed that things were starting to literally crumble at the seams. The security latch on the door was coming out of the wall and being held on by the last little screw (not very safe). The walls were missing trim, the mini fridge was scratched like crazy, and the floorboards had a big sag in them. This is all a shame because otherwise it was a very nice, large suite that had the potential to be quite modern and comfortable.
Going into the bedroom area, things got worse. The room was wasn't clean. There were a lot of stains on the all white bedspread, the robe hanging in the closet did not look washed, and the blackout curtain rod was broken so I couldn't close the shades all the way.
Lastly, and I know this is totally silly, but I used to love Crowne Plaza hotels due to their Temple Spa bathroom amenities and Sleep Advantage kit that are usually in the rooms. instead this property used the cheaper Bath and Body works stuff found in Holiday Inn hotels and no sleep kit.
Overall I did get a good night sleep as the bed was comfortable and the pillows were good. The wifi is free for standard service and it worked just fine for getting work done, but I could see it would be too slow for watching a movie on a tablet or something.
In the morning I tried the buffet breakfast which was very basic. Luckily it was only $11 so they aren't overcharging for mediocre food and service.
All in all, I was just really disappointed in this stay. I can not recommend staying here, and will find something else the next time I am back near the Montreal airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rusttribe,

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for guest suite that you got upon check in. The problems you described are completely unacceptable. We are an older property, but that should not be an excuse. We are currently doing some updating work on our rooms. For your next stay, please ask for me upon check in, and I will make sure that you get one of the more recently updated rooms.

I would also like to thank you in regards to the kind comments about our team members. We really do appreciate it.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you in the near future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We reached to Montreal by car at around 11pm and there was nothing available to eat. We called up a Greek grill that was about 10 minutes and got very lost going there and coming back to the hotel. There was a grill that was across the street and the hotel had suggested that we could take the underpass but it didn't seem safe that late at night.

The hotel room was nice, the staff was not very helpful and assisting us in what was around. But the pool was what saved the trip. There was a water slide that was a lot of fun for anyone. The area was a bit noisy, parking seemed very sketchy because we had to swipe a credit card to open the gate and the surrounding just odd.

For the cost the room was decent, for the location-may not be worth it if you are looking for the city convenience. But for travelers flying in and don't mind driving everywhere in Montreal maybe it would be good for that type of trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Capri21Sunrise,

Thank you for your candid review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the room and the pool area and waterslide. On the other hand, we are very sorry you were not well satisfied with the location and the level of service you received upon your late night check in. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hotel has regular shuttle service to the international airport which makes it a convenient place to stay for late arrival or early departures. We stayed twice. First time was not good. We had a room badly in need of reconditioning at the back of the hotel. Kept awake by regular tooting from nearby railway (most of the other airport hotels share a similar location so would not be better). As a result of our comments to reception the next day, for our second stay, we were upgraded to a front room on a floor which was in much better state. Normal excellent Crowne Plaza standard. Did not notice the trains. Restaurant food was excellent but the service was chaotic. Rather egotistical head waiter who did not give his staff any scope for service. Hotel is not easy to find if you are driving even with a GPS we had to pay close attention to the instructions. If you really want an easy to find hotel close to the airport, the Marriot is at the airport.

Room Tip: Room on the front which has been refurbished
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Vincent W,

Thank you very much for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I apologize on behalf of the hotel for the troubles with the first room. The rooms in the front of the hotel do generally tend to be more quite.

We are delighted to hear that you found our shuttle bus do be convenient, and that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant. Your comments concerning the food and beverage department have been passed on to the team so that we can improve on the details that you have mentioned.

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.
Dieppe, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I called directly from the airport to reserve a suite. I don't think that I got a suite, but a regular room. I got frustrated right away as I wanted more space for my son and I. I paid 170 $ plus taxes. The room was small and somewhat dirty. Hairs in the bath, toothpaste all over the mirror, spill of coffee on the table, dirty carpet everywhere in the hotel, broken ice machine and a strong carpet odor that make your eyes burn... I travel a lot and all around the world. I rarely complain, but if I pay a certain amount, I expect something nice... anyway. The only positive points were the service and the food (that was delicious!). But I know that it is my last time in this hotel and that I will never recommend it to anyone. Please, clean up, change the carpet and the doornob of your rooms for god sake.... it looks like a 1930's motel...

• Stayed May 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear isalarouche,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am glad to know that you found the level of service received and food served to be commendable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the room and the hotel amenities may have caused. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Montreal.

Best Regards,

John O
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel offers upgraded rooms with WiFi and Flat screens. The bathrooms however are dated and need upgrading. The beds are good. The hotel has a restaurant that serves great food that is reasonably priced. The bar has T.V.s throughout so you wont miss the game. The menu is not that great, so eat at the restaurant or try and order off their menu. If you like your wine, don't order the house wine!

Across the street (over a walking bridge) is the Le Bifteque Steak House. A must for steak lovers.

If with your family, go the pool that has a water slide! Workout room is basic but has everything you need.

Overall, great hotel close to airport with shuttle service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the main street. Rooms that face the back will be exposed to loud noises...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

All the staff that we came across were helpful and friendly. The rooms were small and we had some trouble with the heat in our room the first night. It was so hot and it didn't appear the a/c was working. However they moved us to anther room immediately which was much more comfortable. The beds weren't the most comfortable that I've ever slept in but nothing major. The room was clean. The highlight for our kids was the pool and waterslide. It was worth staying just for that!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear EJH132,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am delighted to know that you found the level of service received and pool area met your expectations. We take pride in providing this level of service and we still push for greater guest experience.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning system with the first room you were given. Nevertheless, we are happy to read that our staff was quick enough to attend to your needs. We will definitely look into this as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Best Regards,

John O
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!