“Didn't believe it would be this good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Montreal, Canada
“Didn't believe it would be this good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

After being bounced by the restaurant that was our first choice, we wanted something downtown we would all be happy with. Once we found it, I was concerned our daytime tourist attire would be a problem but the bevy of black dressed ladies assured me it wasn't a problem, so we allowed ourselves to be led to the table and waited for the menus.
A delightful young chap duly delivered said menus and he was to be the highlight of the evening, Chris was his name, and he treated us perfectly.
The food? Brilliant. The children loved their sirloin steaks, the garlic mash was very well received and the hot bread appetiser was a bonus. For us grown ups, the teriyaki sirloin and lobster tail was the business for my wife and my special of manhattan steak and crab meat was divine.
We only had water to drink, having been walking around the port all afternoon, but it wasn't a problem, it was continually replenished by Chris and his cohorts of smartly dressed servers.
The espress at the end was perfect also.
Total bill was 150 inc tip for the four of us and it was the best meal out we've had so far in Montréal. We WILL be back for more.

• Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

As we were staying at the Fairmont hotel and didn't fancy trekking too far we thought we'd try the Keg directly over the road. Our decision was also swayed by TA reviews. A dark relaxed theme prevails with dimmed lighting over the large tables. While choosing our table a comment about it being my birthday was picked up by the superb staff. We bypassed starter as usual, ordering a keg classic t bone steak and a rib and chicken combo (both about $30 each, total including 2 pints, 2 coffees, taxes etc, about100$).A big Caesar salad arrived first which was very pleasant. The waiter had asked my steak preference and I naïvely left it to his recommendation (as he clearly knew his steak), unfortunately the steak was way too pink for me, which he kindly rectified in spite of being run of his feet due to an influx of hockey supporters! The food was delicious, with meat amazingly tender and nice fresh vegetables, all in generous proportions. Evidence of my birthday being noted came in the form of our friendly yet very efficient waiter plonking a massive slice of ice cream cake with a sparkler on top in front of us - a very fitting end to a very enjoyable meal. Would definitely come here again!!

Montreal
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We love the Keg.
I make a point of going every year for my lobster fix (in Summer only)- and they never disappoint. Huge lobster, prepared really well. Steaks are also amazing. Service is excellent. This is our go to place for celebrations. Always a treat.
Can't wait till they open up the one being built in Pointe-Claire so we can go more often! Hurry up and open it guys! Getting hungry.

Love the terrace - feels like were en vacances when we go there

• Visited August 2013
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We spent a few days in Montreal at the start of our trip in July. We stayed in The Fairmont Queen Elizabeth right beside The Keg yet stumbled upon it accidentally. Our first night in Montreal was Canada Day and therefore it was quite busy and not many places were open. It's difficult knowing where to eat on holiday if you aren't familiar with any of the options but our taxi driver recommended an Irish Pub for us however when we got to the street we were already put off by the location. The pub and menu itself was the final blow. We were absolutely starving and by this point would have eaten anywhere but anywhere we considered seemed to be pub-ish and as my brother was under 18 a lot of places wouldn't let us eat there.

We were talking back towards the hotel when we spotted The Keg and although it seemed a little fancy for us considering we were in full tourist attire (shorts/ tshirts/ trainers) and didn't want to lower the tone we gave it a go anyway and boy am I glad we did. We're still raving about it 2months later. I'm not a massive red meat fan but I would eat here every night if I could. The steak was absolutely mouth wateringly amazing and came with asparagus which I'll admit I've never tasted before but was also beautiful and for a side I ordered double baked potato.

It was without doubt one of the best meals I have ever tasted, ever. And we needed have worried about how we dressed because although yes it was a classy restaurant it seemed to cater for all, from dates to family dinners to tourists. The menu is good and includes a lot, extensive drinks menu (perfect for a date night) and the staff were extremely friendly, polite and helpful.

Would travel back to Montreal for this place alone!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious and worth the $$!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've been to The Keg a few times now and it never fails to please immensely. The prime rib is amazing and at my last visit I enjoyed a New York steak with creamy peppercorn sauce that was just divine. The garlic mashed potatoes are also a must - they are probably my favourite part of the meal. It makes for a pricey restaurant outing but it's worth it once a year on one's anniversary, or for a special birthday supper!

• Visited July 2013