“Great location and cool interior!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Zero 1

You added Hotel Zero 1 to your Saves list
Hotel Zero 1
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Rene-Levesque Est, Montreal, Quebec H2X 3Z5, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #51 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Southern NH
“Great location and cool interior!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is in a great spot, near St. Catherine, Chinatown (for yummy dumplings!), and Old Montreal. We were on the 9th floor, with great views of the city. Our room was clean and, though small-ish, really well organized. There was a full kitchen, all tucked into cabinets! The bathroom was very modern, and my only complaint would be the lack of shelving in the shower. The bed was ridiculously comfortable, too. Staff were friendly and helpful, and the valet service was convenient. All around, a really good stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Clean three star hotel. Overall good place. Negative bums by front door constantly asking for money. Hotel needs to remove them from the entrances. The bums yell at you if you don't give them money...

• Stayed April 2014
La Grange, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I travel to Montreal quite a bit for business and I have stayed in this hotel at least 3 times in the last 3 months. I have enjoyed the location, so close to everything such as Chinatown which is a block away and only 1.5 miles from the Vieux Montreal. When it is nice out it could be walking distance... The rooms are small but cozy and clean, the view is very nice and the beds are so comfortable. In the summer they have an outdoor inner court that is fun to sit and enjoy the arts. The only thing is breakfast, the restaurant is now offering breakfast but only starting at 8am I was told, so when you are doing business it is too late.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

First, I must admit that AMTRAK had a R/T special going to Montreal, Canada.. Since I have never been to Montreal, I decided to take a few days and travel there!! Out of all the hotels and reviews, HOTEL ZERO 1 caught my eye!!

As soon as the cab driver pulled up to the hotel, I KNEW I chose right..
The evening concierge greeted me with a pleasant smile, and handed me my keys, making Check-In prompt and quick...

Can I exclaim I Loved everything about my room, ZERO 1 POP, which was on the11th floor!! I walked into a Modern, Chic, Roomy, Clean, and Comfy Living area for the next few days of my stay!!
The staff was informative, when it came to my queries about local eateries, which were in walking distance... Unfortunately, I didn't dine at the hotel's Italian restaurant, due to my being out and about!!!

Note, that Chinatown is right across the street from Hotel Zero 1... Though I just walked through the area, I didn't stop to eat... I was returning to the hotel after sitting in a local Starbucks, sipping Mocha Latte...

One thing that I'm happy to bring to anyone's attention, is that a room service staff member called my room to inquire if I needed anything... You see I had a late start!!! ;) Anyway, I did request towels & washcloths... In under 5 minutes, there was a knock at the door, and I was handed Fresh, Clean, Warm cloths!!

I would to give a Special Thanks of Gratitude to Franny, one of the Concierges, who chatted with me after calling a taxi for my departure!! She was Friendly, Informative, and Definitely Inviting. She suggest if I return to Montreal, Spring/Summer is the Best!!! With that said, I have told my Sister, where our next trip will be!!!! And where we're staying!!! ;)

MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!!

Room Tip: I was on the 11th flr, which I found to be VERY QUIET!!! And there were clubs in the area, but it wa...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I booked this hotel online, and found it to be very nice. It's right across the street from Chinatown, and crossing through Chinatown you'll find yourself in Old Montreal, no more than 1km away. It's a bit further to the downtown, but still walkable. There's 2 metro stations nearby that can take you elsewhere. Hotel staff is very pleasant and had some good recommendations for the local area.

The room itself was nice and had everything I needed. As others have said it's definitely a city sized room, but it's spacious enough for 2 people and luggage without feeling cramped. The free wifi is actually a router plugged into the wall, so every room gets its own wifi point (good signal, and you could maybe plug in with a cable if you needed to). There's an iPod dock/stereo in the room with the older 30-pin iPod connector. If you have a iPhone 5 / iPod equivalent with the "Lightning" cable you'll need to bring an adaptor.

I was on the 12th floor, about halfway between the 2 elevators. The view of the city was nice. One downside of the room is that you could hear the elevators when everything was quiet, even though we weren't adjacent to them. I suspect that's because the mechanics are on the roof and it tends to reverberate through the ceiling. Not annoying enough to keep you up at night, but enough that you could notice that there's a strange sound periodically.

I couldn't find a vending machine in the hotel, but luckily there's a 24 hour convenience store downstairs on the backside of the hotel, next to the restaurant.

As to the restaurant, I enjoyed it. I went there once, mid-week, and it was quiet. Only 2-3 other tables. The staff was very polite and the food was good.

The restaurant also serves the hotel's breakfast daily. The hotel gives you a coupon for the breakfast meal. I'm confused as to what it has though. I went once, and it was only coffee, water, and blueberry muffins. There was cereal available, but the waitress said it wasn't included. Overall I thought it was a miss so I didn't go back until my last day, in order to grab something before my flight. The second time they had coffee, tea, orange juice, assorted pastries, cookies, yogurt and fruit, and supposedly that was included. They didn't need the coupon, just my room number. Maybe the hotel will respond to this post and let people know what is/is not included, and what's typical, since it could also be a weekday/weekend or a time of day difference (I went earlier the second time).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've staid in many of the downtown Montreal hotels for various conferences and festivals so was pleased when this new(ish) option came up for a recent 2-night stay. A short stumble from Monument National and other performing art venues, as well as a healthy walk to the Bell Centre to catch the Habs win over visiting Vancouver.

Modern rooms on the boutique side of things, great view of Old Montreal, clean, decent onsite restaurant and competitive rates.

I will return and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: A south facing room will give you a view of Old Montreal and Chinatown.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Perfect hotel when traveling to Montreal! The hotel is modern, beautiful, and clean. The location is wonderful, a quick walk to Old Montreal, China Town, bus line, and metro. You can be anywhere you want to be in minutes. We were planning to stay two nights here and two nights in Old Montreal - but then extended out stay here as we were so happy and comfortable at Hotel Zero 1. It is also a better location than Old Montreal. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Zero 1? Share your experiences!