Stayed for the first time at the Hotel Zero 1 in Montreal. The front entrance is a bit hard to find and you can not pull up and unload right up front. You have to drive around back of the hotel where there is parking spaces (15 minute limit).
Here is the good:
1. Nice modern lobby the front desk personnel were nice and efficient. They explained the amenities of the hotel.
2. Parking is valet only. You can park across the street in a lot or after 9:30 pm on the street which is free (the area around the hotel is a bit sketchy, so beware if you leave your car on the street at night.
3. Rooms are not large but modern and comfortable. You can hear some outside traffic noise, but you are in a city, so it is expected. Bathroom is big enough for 1 person, but I booked the cheapest room, so I wasn't expecting a big room. Room is clean and the furniture is in good condition and modern.
4. Location near Chinatown and Ste Catherines is convenient. There is a strip club and adult arcade a couple of blocks from the hotel, so this is not my favorite location in Montreal.
5. Free internet which is fast
6. Price point was good. I paid $130 CAD with all taxes.
The not so good
1. Just the location. There are other hotels that are in the same price range in a nicer area.
2. I parked on the street behind the hotel, hopefully my car will be there in the morning and with no broken glass. I will let you know how my car faires on the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Montréal’s QuartierAt the heart of Montréal’s Quartier des spectacles district, in an inspiring, modern, urban environment, ZERO 1 reinvents with casual chic the concept of the downtown hotel reflected in the design and comfort of its 164 rooms and suites. Cutting edge, relaxing, and close to everything: Zero 1 makes life easier for savvy business travellers and nomadic tourists alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, TravelClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hotel Zero 1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le 1 Rene Levesque Montreal