“As good as home.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le rayon vert

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Le rayon vert
You added Le rayon vert to your Saves list
4373 rue St-Hubert | Plateau Mt-Royal, Montreal, Quebec H2J 2X1, Canada   |
Ranked #35 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
Brownfield, Maine
“As good as home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

Diane is a wonderful hostess as cook and tour assistant. She is very knowledgable about the area and fun to talk with about all the interesting things Montreal provides. St. Hubert St. is an easy access to the old port area and surrounding quarters of interest.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver, British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

I understand that many people have had positive experiences when they have stayed at this establishment. But I could not even get to that point. I understand that many bed and breakfast operations are small businesses and hence they may not be equipped with credit card technology. I also understand that when staying in a bed and breakfast, a certain level of trust is required between both the host and the guest.

When I was requested to send a cheque for 30% of my stay (4 nights) to complete the reservation, I was a bit leary. I looked to see if Le Rayon Vert was a member of any associations so that I could confirm the legitimacy of the operation. In the past, Le Rayon Vert was a member, but not now. So I looked at reviews and they were positive. I was prepared to send a cheque to complete the reservation when I recieved an invitation to stay one night in Montreal with distant relatives. So I wrote to Le Rayon Vert saying that I would only need 3 nights rather than 4 nights. Le Rayon Vert's response was to say that I could not stay at all because I did not follow the reservation rules. This response was charged with anger and emotion.

I know I may have caused some inconvienience (I stated this and apologized for this up front) and I know that this is her livelihood, but this is also her business and she should respond professionally rather than emotionally to such changes/requests. I can't imagine our lives if we recieved the same treatment every time we had to cancel a dinner reservation or a flight booking or a reservation at a hotel chain.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

This B & B was in a great location and had a superb host. She kept us alive in the morning with her stories and great conversation.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

Absolutely charming B & B. Diane is a great hostess and a great source of information on Montreal and anything you'd like to do. The bathrooms & rooms were french country style and very warm and friendly. I'd stay again on another visit.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I chose this b&b for my three days in Montreal based on the title of Erik Rohmer movie and on the location. But it was much more: a full fill experience. The neighborhood is awesome and convenient: Plateau Mont Royal. The place is beautiful and tastefully designed. Diane is the perfect landlady, easy and openminded. She knows everything about her town and will be happy to give good tips to enjoy the Montreal cool atmosphere. My room was very nice: clean, romantic and sunny. The whole Bed and breakfast is. Breakfast is a lovely shared moment with the other guests. When you can enjoy fruit salad, juice, french bread with maple syrup, coffee and tea, different qualities of breads and bagels. A pure treat. With a view on the garden. Which, due to the cold season, was not yet at its best, but still beautiful. I recommend it to travellers, both on leisure and business trips.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
erie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

Diane was wonderfully warm and friendly and a great help in planning out our Montreal tour. The B&B is located in a very good neighborhood & location with lots of nice restaurants nearby. The rooms were cozy, comfortable and nicely decorated. Part of the great B&B experience were the interesting & fun breakfast conversations with Diane and the other guests!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Diane at Le Rayon Vert made me immediately welcome when I arrived. Her house is beautiful and warm. The area is fabulous - Le Plateau, the 'French' side of Montreal. Loads of great bars and restaurants and Le Rayon Vert is only 4 min walk from convienient Metro statio. Diane has two cats, but don't worry if you are allergic because they don't go into the guest rooms ever. I stayed in the 'economy room' which was perfect for me. I think it might be a wee bit cheaper than the other rooms because there are no windows looking outside. But it's still very bright and cosy. The breakfasts are amazing - fresh fruit, delicious toasted bagels, different style of egg every morning. I really enjoyed breakfast time chatting with the other guests, and Diane - who is extremely knowledgeable about the area, so she'll will help you with tips for your itinerary in Montreal. You just wouldn't get this level of service in a hotel. I am now a bed & breakfast convert!

• Liked — Diane, the owner
  • Disliked — I couldn't log into Diane's wifi - but I think that it was a problem with my laptop, not the connection
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Le rayon vert? Share your experiences!