“Horrible Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville

You added Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   380 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 0B1, Canada (Quartier des Spectacles)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Boston, Massachusetts
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was so excited to be staying at this Hilton in Montreal, especially because I am a loyal Hilton Honors member. I was with family and we rented two rooms. The actual location of the property is great and the Korean restaurant next door is delicious. However, the hotel service was terrible.

When we arrived in our room it was warm, so before heading out for the evening we set the temperature to 68 degrees. When we returned around 10PM it was 80 degrees in our room. We called down to the front desk and they sent someone up. Unfortunately, the person they sent up could not fix the air conditioning and brought us a fan. The fan sounded like a train coming through our room. I called down to the front desk to ask if we could be moved, their response was "take the fan or leave it, we are full and can't do anything else." I promptly asked to meet with the manager in the morning.

The next morning, after getting barely three hours of sleep because of the heat, I went down to speak to the manager. He said that it was my fault that the problem was not fixed because we should have alerted the front desk when we checked in that our room was warm. I tried to explain to him that it was not hot in our room when we checked in but was when we returned at 10PM, therefore there was no way of reporting about the issue. He refused to refund my money or offer me a free nights stay, instead he said it was my fault for not reporting the issue and he would only refund my stay 30%.

Never staying here again! Terrible guest relations!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Greek first
North Adams, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for vacation and we were very happy. The location is great, it's a short walk to St. Catherine St and Mt. Royal. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hotel is nice. Pool on top floor is pretty cool. Easy walk to historical downtown. Rooms clean and beds comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also very good. I would stay again if in town.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here recently for the 2015 Montreal Jazz Festival! This is my second stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Centre-ville, and I was not disappointed.
This is a great location...close, as in walking distance to the festival, great vibe, close to restaurants and bars.
Staff were super friendly, the bar had hlaf-price drinks Monday -Friday...really good drinks!
The best part....the sheets and covers are all white...the bleach the hell out these things! I am a stickler for cleanliness, and this hotel definitely meets my standards!
Great experience :) Keep up the good work!

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've stayed down the street at the Delta before, so knew that the Hilton location was good. If you get a street-side room, it's a little loud, so I'd recommend a room not facing Sherbrooke. And generally I like Hiltons, but I arrived in my room to find an envelope left behind for another guest by the staff. I found that more than a little strange.
What really annoyed me though was the 8 am. knock on my door with housekeeping not there to clean the room, but to ask if I was going to check out today. Seriously? You don't have a computer that can tell you that? Why the hell do you go waking up guests to ask them if they're going to leave? What kind of service is that?

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Overall, this Hilton property is worth considering for your Montreal stay. The location is great.

So why 3 stars? I utilized Hilton's online check-in so that I could pick my room and to make the check-in process faster. As part of the online check-in you select the time you will check-in. I selected 3pm, but when it was 3pm the room was not ready. I arrived at the hotel at 1115 (room still occupied) stored my bags and even returned at 2pm to see if room was ready. The front desk knew I was present in and around the hotel waiting for my 3pm check-in. So here it is 3:45pm, way past the "just 5min more" at 3:25pm and still the room is not ready.

I am not a needy nor demanding on the details.......as long as it is clean, I dont care if the shampoo or soap is of quality. I do expect my room to be ready when I checked in more than 24 hours prior to my arrival and arrive 4 hours before check in time. This is definitely not Hilton service that I experienced in Seoul, Hawaii, and other locations.

Recommendation to management: clean the rooms for those who do online check in with an arrival of 3pm......cleaning rooma by floor from low to high doesn't work nor synch with your online system.

Hoping my stay will get better......

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Jean D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear dcgalesq

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville.

As our team explained during your check-in, July 1st being Canada Day, most of our clientele left the hotel later than usual to enjoy our property recreational amenities and our beautiful city of Montreal. You declined our team's offer to change to another bedroom with the same bedding type, and complimentary items from our Pantry market during your waiting time.

We are here to provide the best guest experience and the highest level of customer service to all our guests.

We are looking forward to make the rest of your stay memorable in Montreal.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The staff at Garden Inn Montreal are great. They go out of their way to be friendly and help you out as a guest staying in the hotel. The location of the hotel is ideal, because you are in walking distance to so many things, including rue St. Catherine, McGill University, Place des Arts, and the metro. To get to Old Montreal, we walked and it took us maybe 25 minutes (was with 2 seniors).

The beds were very comfortable and there was an option to change the firmness on the bed, which is convenient if you and your sleeping partner have different preferences.

My only complaint was on our first night, there was a lot of noise above us. We were on the 9th floor and it sounded like there was some cleaning happening by the staff on the 10th floor. However, I didn't notice any noise on the subsequent nights.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville? Share your experiences!