“Clean sheets, great staff, awesome location...what else do you want?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville

You added Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   380 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 0B1, Canada (Quartier des Spectacles)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Clean sheets, great staff, awesome location...what else do you want?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here recently for the 2015 Montreal Jazz Festival! This is my second stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Centre-ville, and I was not disappointed.
This is a great location...close, as in walking distance to the festival, great vibe, close to restaurants and bars.
Staff were super friendly, the bar had hlaf-price drinks Monday -Friday...really good drinks!
The best part....the sheets and covers are all white...the bleach the hell out these things! I am a stickler for cleanliness, and this hotel definitely meets my standards!
Great experience :) Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Greek first
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed down the street at the Delta before, so knew that the Hilton location was good. If you get a street-side room, it's a little loud, so I'd recommend a room not facing Sherbrooke. And generally I like Hiltons, but I arrived in my room to find an envelope left behind for another guest by the staff. I found that more than a little strange.
What really annoyed me though was the 8 am. knock on my door with housekeeping not there to clean the room, but to ask if I was going to check out today. Seriously? You don't have a computer that can tell you that? Why the hell do you go waking up guests to ask them if they're going to leave? What kind of service is that?

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall, this Hilton property is worth considering for your Montreal stay. The location is great.

So why 3 stars? I utilized Hilton's online check-in so that I could pick my room and to make the check-in process faster. As part of the online check-in you select the time you will check-in. I selected 3pm, but when it was 3pm the room was not ready. I arrived at the hotel at 1115 (room still occupied) stored my bags and even returned at 2pm to see if room was ready. The front desk knew I was present in and around the hotel waiting for my 3pm check-in. So here it is 3:45pm, way past the "just 5min more" at 3:25pm and still the room is not ready.

I am not a needy nor demanding on the details.......as long as it is clean, I dont care if the shampoo or soap is of quality. I do expect my room to be ready when I checked in more than 24 hours prior to my arrival and arrive 4 hours before check in time. This is definitely not Hilton service that I experienced in Seoul, Hawaii, and other locations.

Recommendation to management: clean the rooms for those who do online check in with an arrival of 3pm......cleaning rooma by floor from low to high doesn't work nor synch with your online system.

Hoping my stay will get better......

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Jean D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear dcgalesq

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville.

As our team explained during your check-in, July 1st being Canada Day, most of our clientele left the hotel later than usual to enjoy our property recreational amenities and our beautiful city of Montreal. You declined our team's offer to change to another bedroom with the same bedding type, and complimentary items from our Pantry market during your waiting time.

We are here to provide the best guest experience and the highest level of customer service to all our guests.

We are looking forward to make the rest of your stay memorable in Montreal.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff at Garden Inn Montreal are great. They go out of their way to be friendly and help you out as a guest staying in the hotel. The location of the hotel is ideal, because you are in walking distance to so many things, including rue St. Catherine, McGill University, Place des Arts, and the metro. To get to Old Montreal, we walked and it took us maybe 25 minutes (was with 2 seniors).

The beds were very comfortable and there was an option to change the firmness on the bed, which is convenient if you and your sleeping partner have different preferences.

My only complaint was on our first night, there was a lot of noise above us. We were on the 9th floor and it sounded like there was some cleaning happening by the staff on the 10th floor. However, I didn't notice any noise on the subsequent nights.

west monroe, la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff at this hotel are remarkably friendly and kind. They went out of their way to be sure we had everything we needed. My father can't walk and they helped us with his hoverround and loaned us a wheelchair for outings. They met us at the door every time we arrived and left. The free water and nice rooms were much appreciated

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel was really nice! It was clean and had everything we could possibly need. It has a heated pool and hot tub on the top with a nice balcony to take in the sights. It is located downtown Montreal, so there are lots of restaurants and shops nearby. This hotel is also very secure, where you need your room key to take the elevator up, which is comforting. Would recommend!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel sits conveniently located to downtown shopping, museums, McGill University, and only a few blocks from the St. Denis neighborhood of restaurants and activities. The staff could not have been more helpful. And we appreciated the protected parking without needing a valet. The price was very competitive. Don't miss an evening of relaxing on the scenic overview deck just beyond the pool. Very good choice!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville? Share your experiences!