Upon early arrival, our room was ready. A friendly staff member greeted us with a smile and assigned our room. Because we were staying for a week, I am sure that they gave us a nice, quiet, upper floor room on purpose. The room was large. There was a microwave (for doggie bagged stuff), but make sure that if you want to use it, you bring your own paper plates and plastic flatware. The drug store across the street had the plates, but my husband had to stop off for ice cream on the way back in order to get some spoons...wasn't a bad idea!). There's a small refrigerator, if you like to stash cold water like we do. The bed and pillows were heavenly!!! So comfortable!!! And I heard afterwards that they are adjustable-check with the staff on that one. The room is ample in size and there is a desk for your devices, if you are so inclined. It was almost like a suite, except that there wasn't a living room space. The TV was good and you could get stuff from the States like The Today Show and Leno & Fallon. In the lobby, you needed to use your room key in the elevator, and for added security, after 11PM, you had to use your room key to get entry. And speaking of room keys, these did work fine. The room was quiet. The only downfall was the lack of knowledge from many of the concierge staff members. One night we didn't want to take the train and walk miles so one member recommended a pub that was "close". Well we walked several blocks, turned onto the street, and the numbers were way off. We called the hotel and he got on the phone and tried to recommend something else, but that was closed. So much for that. Then we asked another member if the subway took credit cards, he said yes, but when we got down there, they only took cash. Another night, they recommended an Italian restaurant that was not good.The concierge staff needs to update their lists and know what is in the area and how far (in terms of both time and distance) and know the quality before they send you on a wild goose chase for dinner. They also double up as bell boys and car parkers, so maybe they are wearing too many hats to be good at any one thing in particular. One actually spilled over the luggage rack and oranges fell out of something and passersby were picking them up and handing them back. Overall, the hotel was great and very clean and accommodating.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-Ville Hotel Montreal
- Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-Ville Hotel
- Montreal Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville operates as a full service hotel, with ample underground parking, steam bath, whirlpool, spacious exercise room, indoor roof top swimming pool and outdoor terrace with a fabulous view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.