“Pool and fuel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   380 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 0B1, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #24 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Burlington, Vermont
“Pool and fuel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had a good experience the first time, so returned for a second stay, which was nice as well, particularly the 11th floor pool and whilrlpool hot tub. The pool level overlooks part of the city and makes for a relaxing time between events around town. Dined in restaurant and was pleasantly surprised a the quality of the food and mixed drinks from the bar. Pleasant wait staff as well. King room had plenty of room. Generally, easy location near Place des Arts, with garage parking onsite and high security to enter hotel elevators and hotel after-hours.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us and for making the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville your choice while lodging in our city. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our amenities such as the pool. Our restaurant Circos offers a wide variety of menu options which we change seasonally; we hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Greek first
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We came from New York City to this hotel, and figured two of the NYC hotel room would fit handily in our room in Montreal. Two large beds, a bit on the firm side but we slept very well. We stayed two nights and ate our evening meal in the hotel both nights! We don't normally do that, but we were exhausted and dinner was very good, if a bit pricey. The concierge was especially helpful in getting us maps and showing us the possible ways to get where we wanted to go.
I especially liked that we were in control of our own room temperature. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I reviewed this place a year ago, and loved it.
I still like it quite a lot, but there are some issues that need attention.

the pillows are wearing out and need to be replaced. When you can bunch up the pillow and squish it between your thumb and foreginer, and find there is no stuffing between them, the pillow is too thin. Fortunately, I had brought my own pillow. Perhaps, if I"d complained, they would have brought some other pillows, but the "standard issue" pillows should have more oomph than this.

The labyrinth that is the parking lot is a problem. On previous visit, I did not use it.
Please be aware, especially if you are coming from the US, that ALL hotels in Montreal have parking issues. The parking lots are typically too small, hard to negotiate, stalls too small, and as far as I know, no hotel will take responsibility for what goes on in them.
As Montreal hotel parking situations go, this one is not bad at all. The stalls are bigger than most, and are in fact quite adequate (I have a large car). The route in and out is problematic, as there is not enough room for 2 vehicle to simultaneoulsy round a turn, so one of them has to back up. This is a nuisance, but manageable once you are aware of it.
My complaint about the parking is that when we checked in, they did not advise us of the issues or how to deal with them. Apart from rounding the turns, the other issue is that the hotel parking is located on floors 1, 2, 3 and 6 (yes, 6) of the parking garage. We found out about this afterwards, in casual converation with the staff member who guided us and our trolley of luggage in and out of the parking garage. Even he, however, did not tell us there would be a gate in and out of the 6th floor that we would have to figure out how to negotiate. We managed to slide in under the gate by approaching it from the side, but on the way out we had to call for help. I appreciate that there are always problems with hotel parking in Montreal. I just think they need a communication plan to tell patrons how to deal with it.

Other than that the hotel continues to be good value, good location, and a good sleep, and I intend to return - with my own pillow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a loyal patron of the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville. We thank you for taking the time to write this review and for providing us with your valued feedback, which we always take to heart and address in order to improve the guest experience. We hope to have the privilege to serve your future lodging needs.
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I visited Montreal to attend a trade show and brought along the new special person in my life. I wanted to make the trip special so I reserved a suite. I have stayed in suites at other hotels before, and every time the extra room was equipped with a couch. I was looking forward to just snuggling on the couch and watching TV. However, when we opened the door to the room, we were surprised to see that the extra room did not contain a couch but rather a large dining table with four chairs. So much for snuggling on the couch.
Other than that, the room was fine. Very clean, with a comfortable bed and bathroom. We did notice some mechanical noises but it wasn't really disturbing. The rooftop pool was also nice and we enjoyed taking a dip.
We were also disappointed that room service was not offered for breakfast. We did not eat at the breakfast buffet at the hotel but walked a few blocks down Rue Bleury to the Floralies Restaurant which was cheap and tasty.

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra $$$ on a suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ancaster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I occasionally use the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal for business trips to this area and I've never had a bad experience at this hotel.
The rooms are clean and well equipped. The bathrooms are very modern and comfortable.
The bar area is small, but has a good atmosphere and selection of refreshments. The bar food is also very good.
Breakfast is a little pricey, at approx. $15.00 for the cold buffet and approx. $20 for the hot breakfast, but it is very good quality. I always prefer a buffet for business hotels so I can eat and leave in a hurry if required.
Parking is underneath the hotel, and can be difficult to drive around in a big vehicle. However, I've always been able to find a space for my car. The only real problem is the traffic outside during rush hours, which can make getting in to the parking area a bit of a challenge.
Overall, I think this is the best value hotel in Montreal for business trips, or for short breaks.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are at the back of the hotel, facing away from Rue Sherbrooke.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Like always, enjoyed my stay once again at Hilton Garden Inn Centre Ville. Check-in was great! Wonderful front desk staff , I always feel welcomed and the concierges were helpful. Got a great room with a wonderful view! This is my third time staying here and it was definitely a charm!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed three nights here with two young kids and they put us into a big beautiful room. The rooftop pool was the right size for kids and had a great view of the city from the 11th floor. The hotel was located in a good central location near McGill University, Mont Royal park and was right in downtown. Of course, this meant driving the last few blocks to the hotel was slow because of all the construction. But my wife said this is the only hotel we should book for future trips with the kids.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville? Share your experiences!