“Not my first choice, but definitely different” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Montreal Airport

You added Aloft Montreal Airport to your Saves list
Aloft Montreal Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 McMillan Blvd, Montreal, Quebec H9P0A2, Canada (Dorval / Airport / Train Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #57 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Bay Point, California
“Not my first choice, but definitely different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Aloft location is showing alot of wear and tear for what seems to be a newer hotel. Everything in my room from trim pieces to light switches, carpet, to the caulking in the bathroom looked like it's wearing out quickly. Not run down by any means, but probably won't last the test of time.

The design is modern, European, Ikea-like, and similar to other Alofts, but why in the heck is that bulky internet connector thing on the desk RIGHT IN MY WAY?? And you can't move it! Ugghh. At least the bed was comfortable and the room was mostly quiet

If you like the Aloft style and need to be near the airport, it's not a bad spot, but not my first choice, either

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Steve K,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay, we appreciate your feedback. As you have noted our design is modern and we are working with our engineers and operations teams to maintain our fresh look over time. We will share your comments with our team as we look for ways to improve our hotel. We hope you'll come back to see us should your travels take you to Montreal again. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights here while visiting Montreal and it put a damper on our experience. We stayed on the Canada long weekend and I guess it's a popular place to have grads.
On all three nights we felt like we were in a fraternity or a Vegas hotel! So many drunk teenagers! The bar downstairs was packed every night until 2 am and then the parties ended up in the rooms. We were kept awake until 4 am each morning! They may have been understaffed as there was only one girl at the front desk and no security to be found.

Needless to say I was worried about the plane noise that we heard from our room, but that didn't end up bothering me......instead it was the underwear bearing teenagers that had no respect for others on their floor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The reason why we picked this hotel was that the pets are allowed and we couldn't have been happier of what we found. Less than 5 minutes drive from the airport but silent. The check -in process was quick and the staff attentive and friendly.The hotel was extremely clean both the common areas and the room where we slept. The hall is quite pleasant with modern/trendy furnishing. The buffet breakfast was worth every dime. There was a wide choice of food and everything was good. Note that not everything that is in the breakfast corner is included in the breakfast buffet price which can me a bit confusing. The front desk staff will tell you anyway. The only negative note is that there is not a breakfast room so when you take your tray you have to eat in the couches of the hall. Please do not be discouraged by this remark. I'd certainly recommend this hotel anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CHICAGO IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed one night at the Aloft Montreal airport hotel for a connection I had. The room was nice, modern, quiet. Very friendly staff in the hotel front desk. The location was OK but you need to take a shuttle to get there. The price was a little bit high but acceptable and within budget.

Room Tip: No restaurant in the hotel but you can go to a near by hotel (walking distant) to get a nice dinner.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear NAVARO-USA,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We hope you were able to use the free WiFi and in room bottled water, in addition to our free airport shuttle service. We hope you'll come back to see us should your travel plans bring you back to Montreal. Take care!
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had an early flight to Cuba and decided to bite the bullet and stay by the Montreal airport the night before. I stayed at the Aloft for about $200 which included parking (taxes included). I stayed the night, parked my car for a week and took their shuttle to the airport - no problems at all as everything went smoothly.
The staff were lovely and the bed comfy - I would definitely stay there again. The only other hotel that I have stayed at was the Marriott right at the airport itself and although it is wonderful and has more services (a dining room for example), it is that much more expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Right at check in I knew this would be a nice place to stay even though its one night. Room is very modern and not like what I'm used to in stodgy old hotel rooms. Very clean and neat. Great and quick check in. Staff there knows when you get in late from a flight you just wanna go to bed. Only complaint would be the window doesn't open and the air conditioner is a bit loud for my liking but that's minor. Lots of plugs in the wall for your devices to charge. I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Bonjour moae111,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing. We are delighted that you had an A+ Aloft experience and enjoyed the modern decor. We hope to see you when you are next in Montreal. Take care!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I had a business trip in Montreal, but had an early flight out the last day so I wanted to stay near the airport. I had stayed at the Sheraton before but decided to try the Aloft. Everything there was better than expected and I would definitely stay there again next time I am in town and want to stay by the airport.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Ronton37,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a better than expected experience. We hope you'll come back when you are next in the area and perhaps enjoy our w xyz bar as well. Take care!

Been to Aloft Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!