“The ease and comfort of home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parc Suites Hotel

You added Parc Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Parc Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3463 Avenue du Parc, Montreal, Quebec H2X 2H6, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)   |
Ranked #15 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maine
“The ease and comfort of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

The only shock was the stairs up to the lobby, but the staff are very helpful with luggage. We were totally relaxed and happy in our queen suite. The kitchenette even has the basics for cooking and eating utensils...we settled right in so quickly that there wasn't a moment we didn't feel right at home. The location was in the middle of all the areas we wanted to see: the Latin Quarter, Old Montreal, the shopping avenue and MT Royal. It felt very comforting to have free accessible parking, free internet and cable tv and free phone calls to the States. That pretty much sums up the stay...carefree!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Perth, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

I booked a room at Parc Suites months ago. Using tripadvisor and other sources, I did a lot of research to find a place to stay that wasn't a high rise hotel. Parc Suites sounded perfect - great ratings, perfect location for the huge weekend bike festival that we are participating in. Our 2 night stay was supposed to start tomorrow. An hour ago (2 pm), I received a phone call telling me that they had to cancel my reservation because the large group that was currently staying there had decided they wanted to change their departure date and extend their reservation for the weekend. So, my reservation had to be cancelled ! This is less than 24 hours before I was supposed to be there. They had made a reservation at another hotel for me - a high rise hotel quite a distance from them where I have stayed several times before and have no desire to stay there again. There is a huge bike festival on in Montreal this weekend leaving a less than optimal choice of rooms in the city at the last minute. The Parc Suites person was apologetic and had found me another place to stay but I am still very upset about this as it makes a huge change to all of my well laid out plans for the weekend. So beware, your reservation doesn't actually mean much if someone decides they want to stay longer than they planned.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
HotelownerMontreal, Owner and General Manager at Parc Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2009
Dear TripAdvisor Readers,

As the management of Parc Suites Hotel, we would like to write this as a response to a recent post. We would like to extend our sincere apologies to our guest whose reservation had to be cancelled in the last minute. We totally understand our guest’s feelings, and share the disappointment of not being able to accommodate him/her.

We would like to make a few comments on this issue. Although our colleague explained the situation in a simple way to our guest, in reality there are many complexities in the situation. Such a decision is never easily taken, and happens in very rare occasions. Nevertheless, our management showed the responsibility to take care of the situation by proceeding with a reservation of a room, which has at least the same comfort as ours, at a partner hotel, and accepted to pay any rate discrepancy which may arise from this situation.

(We would like to apologize from our disappointed guest for the inconvenience once again, and would like repeat the fact that this is an exceptional case which happens in very rare situations. As Parc Suites Hotel, the comfort and the satisfaction of our guests has always been a primary concern for us, and we are confident that we have always been extremely sensitive and responsible for accommodating our guests in the comfort which they are looking for.

We would like repeat the fact that this is an exceptional case which happens in very rare situations. As Parc Suites Hotel, the comfort and the satisfaction of our guests has always been a primary concern for us, and we are confident that we have always been extremely sensitive and responsible for accommodating our guests in the comfort which they are looking for. For this reason, we believe that this review should not set an example for the quality of our services we provide and would like to express our apologies to our guest once again.)

Regards,

Turgay Demirdogan

Parc Suites Hotel
3463 Avenue du Parc
Montreal, QC H2X 2H6 Canada
W. Mass.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Agree with the good comments that people have made: very clean, quiet considering its location, good stores are very close. It's a small place and very responsive to your needs. Would certainly go back.

Bathroom was very new with shower but no bath.
Our room had a/c and a flat panel TV. Oh, and wifi that worked. And car parking. Bedside table had an ipod player/alarm clock unit with remote. Kitchenette had coffee maker, microwave, and quite a lot of equipment: you could cook and eat a simple meal here quite easily, and get the ingredients from the supermarket two doors down,

A few nit picks: Rooms were not large, and front desk staff while eager to help did not always seem to remember things or be on the ball: they didn't remember when we were checking out, the guy was going to help us with bags, got called away and never came back! But a wakeup call came in fine (and then the next guy on rota called afterwards to check that it had... )

The only external access from our room was to the front door via three flights of stairs: (two from the street to the front desk, one from there to our room, and there were some rooms on the front desk floor) I did not see any elevator. The car parking is around the back, so you have to ferry bags down an alleyway round to the front (although I'm sure the front desk guy would have helped). I noticed a surveillance camera on the parking lot.

The hotel is actually close to a lot of places worth seeing, and not far to a Metro stop. Recommend Second Cup, coffee place at the end of the opposite block away from town for local coffee. View is a bit grim with demolished lot across the street: perhaps this will get built on soon.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

My entire experience with the Parc Suites Hotel was exceptional. The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful right from the time of the reservation phone call. Our stay began with our arrival in the personally attended and secure parking lot with a friendly face offering us a helpful hand with our luggage up to the elegant and quaint lobby of the Parc Suites. The hospitality continued with a welcoming tour and offer of suites, all of which were very reasonable priced. Not only was the experience with the owner and staff pleasant, but the comfortable cleanliness of the newly renovated and decorated suites ensured our happiness during our stay. Not only will we stay there on future visits to Montreal, but I would very highly recommend this centrally located gem of a hotel to any traveller to Montreal!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Parc Suites was one of the best hotel experiences I’ve personally had, and a place that we agreed would be one to come back to, for the experience of the hotel alone, in the future.

Upon our arrival we were immediately greeted by a friendly individual who was seemingly awaiting us in the parking lot designated for Parc Suites guests. He explained to us where the best place to park would be, and then immediately proceeded to help us to the hotel with our bags.

When we arrived at the front desk, the first words out of the mouth of the owner, besides greetings, were that he would first show us around the hotel and then offer us a deal on one of the nicer sweets thereby nearly making it of equal price to a regular one.

All the rooms, though fewer then a "classic" hotel, were clean and apparently freshly remodeled with few things left to be re-done.

The location was good relative to the downtown/core of montreal.

Ultimately there was a constant feeling of genuine consideration for our welfare in staying at Parc Suites that ranked the place among the best of any I’ve stayed at.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

I live in Montreal, but had to leave my apt. to have my floors redone. Not easy when you have a cat.

Turguay, the owner of Parc Suites, could not have been more accommodating. I was put in a Queen suite with an equipped kitchenette, free wireless and free parking, all at an affordable price. He even dug my car out from under 20+ cm of snow following a snowstorm!

All the staff were equally helpful and the hotel is extremely clean. While some of the furniture might be a bit old (sofa not too comfy), they are in the process of replacing all the beds (I saw the most luxurious looking mattresses being brought in but didn't get to try them out) and will even be expanding the hotel itself to make the premises more comfortable. This small hotel owner is serious about providing his guests with the best possible service.

As it was, I had all the comforts from home and more: Fresh fruit in the room and in the lobby, attentive service, soft jazz playing in the reception area, beautiful wood banisters, and a very central location (several cafés, bakeries, food store, banking etc within half a block).

I felt very safe there; my one piece of advice to women traveling alone would be to ask for your car to be taken to the parking area at night as the walk around the building to the front is a bit isolated. They were happy to do it for this reason, as well as on account of the snow.

I have never had such attentive service... Thank you ! I definitely recommend this hotel. (Free parking is VERY rare too!)

• Liked — Exceptional service
  • Disliked — sofa
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

This is a hotel apartment, not a typical hotel. It feels like "bed and breakfast" to me (although no breakfast). Basically, because there are only 8 rooms, the manager/owner knows everyone who's staying there. Some people prefer this more "intimate" style but some don't. I was there on personal business (not vacation) and I just needed the convenience, and for that purpose, I found this to be good value stay - free us/canada long distance calls, wireless internet, restaurants downstairs and across street, 24 hour grocery store next door.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to someone going on a romantic or luxurious getaway. But if you think you'll only be there for the night and are not expecting luxurious 5 or 6-star hotel amenities etc, like I said before, this is a good value hotel. The other downside I could think of is the stairs - but you can always ask someone to help you with the luggage while taking the stairs.

• Liked — convenience
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Parc Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!