“Parents of a McGill student” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parc Suites Hotel

You added Parc Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Parc Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3463 Avenue du Parc, Montreal, Quebec H2X 2H6, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)   |
Ranked #12 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Danbury, Connecticut
“Parents of a McGill student”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our son is in his 3rd year at McGill University. This lovely hotel is conveniently located near the campus. Over the past few years we have stayed at many Montreal hotels and this is one our favorites. The rooms are very clean and the staff is so helpful. The beds are so comfortable, my daughter used the pull out sofa and is was the best pull out we have seen. Directly below the hotel is our favorite spot for breakfast. There's nothing better than waking up and walking down the stairs to one of the finest breakfast in town. The fresh fruit is amazing!
Parking is tight and very expensive in town. Parc Suites has free parking directly behind the hotel. That's hard to find in town.
Also, local and call to the US are free!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I must admit that I rarely post reviews to TripAdvisor (I mainly rely on others to do the postings, and hope that they write something similar to my opinion). But I will make an exception in this case. I stayed here for 2 nights in December for a conference that I attended on the McGill campus.

This hotel was absolutely fantastic. Small and cozy, yet extremely professional. Perfectly located (right between McGill and St. Catherine Street shopping area). Suites were clean and spacious, with all amenities included. The kitchen facilities were perfect (I only used them for breakfast, but you could cook an entire Christmas dinner in there if you wanted to... microwave, oven, large refrigerator, pots and pans... perfect for longer stays in MTL). Competitive pricing, especially for the facilities that come along with the suite.

The manager, Turgay, was extremely welcoming and very helpful. Carried my bags up to my room, ensured that there was nothing I would be requiring, showed me where all the bakeries/restaurants/coffee shops were in the area (as well as their hours of operation).

I would definitely stay here again, especially if staying for a longer period of time, and would highly recommend it to anyone else. If I had one criticism (and it is a very minor one), it would be that the hot water in the shower took quite a while to adjust and that the pressure in the shower was not very high... but again, the service and the rest of the suite facilities more than make up for this minor detail.

Wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed two times at this lovely little hotel, right around the corner from the main McGill University campus. The owner Turgay is really welcoming and helps you out with anything you might want. The rooms are large, spacious and the kitchen area is great for a quick breakfast or cup of tea/coffee in the afternoon. All the staff were friendly and very helpful with restaurants and tips for Montreal. Great walking/public transit nearby. Parking is not great here, but we didn't need a car so we walked and took the metro, We will certainly stay here again when visiting Montreal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Munich, Bayern, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I spend a great 2weeks in this hotel. Competence of staff were perfect! The owner is a great guy! Room was very clean every day, and the atmoshpere in the hotel was nice too. The best is bad. Huge king size bad ;) I could recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Laguna Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Parc Suites Hotel for two nights in October 2012. The hotel is centrally located, easy to walk to transportation, restaurants, and the sights! The owner, Turgay, immediately made me feel welcome and took the time to give me a personal introduction to the hotel. My room had a very comfortable king-sized bed, a separate living area, a kitchen, and a newer looking bathroom. There was a supermarket very close by and I bought food and drinks to keep on hand. This worked out perfectly as I was able to provide snacks, drinks, and a cozy atmosphere for my visiting Montreal relatives. Turgay was on hand to help us with anything we needed. I had a wonderful experience at Parc Suites, but I should mention that the hotel has stairs from the street up to the reception area. I had no problem with the stairs and the staff was available to carry luggage up and down the staircase. I felt at home at Parc Suites and I will definitely return!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I highly recommend this small hotel. Our unit (#4) had a spacious living area where we comfortably hung out during bad weather and hosted my son (a student at nearby McGill) for lunch. The hotel is near some of the best walking streets in the city (St Laurent, St Denis) and other attractions including Mont Royal. The 24-hour convenience store and ATM next door are super-convenient, and Cora's (downstairs) is a very popular breakfast place that we greatly enjoyed. The rooms were clean and quiet, with many nice features including cabinets and shelves in the bathroom. The bedroom was small but comfortable, and it was very nice to have a separate room so I could sleep in while my partner got up early and made coffee. Free parking is a real bonus. Turgay and the staff were eager to help and take care of us. After this experience, I'll never stay in a standard hotel room in Montreal again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I chose the Parc Suites Hotel for a two-night stay in Montreal in mid-October 2012, based on the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed. Turgay and staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spotlessly clean, with a fully equipped kitchen. Spaces are compact, but considering you get a bathroom, kitchen, living room and separate bedroom, for the price of a standard hotel room, Parc Suites Hotel is an excellent value.

McGill University and a Metro station are close by, and there's a large grocery store next door. Excellent location for exploring Montreal! Ate a wonderful vegetarian meal at Lola Rosa on near-by Milton Street.

If you have mobility issues, be aware that Parc Suites Hotel has many stairs to climb. This was not an issue for me, but may be for others.

I highly recommend Parc Suites Hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room at the front of the building, on a lower level. As a light sleeper, I found the s...