“felt at home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 164 hotels in Montreal
Laguna Hills, California
“felt at home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Parc Suites Hotel for two nights in October 2012. The hotel is centrally located, easy to walk to transportation, restaurants, and the sights! The owner, Turgay, immediately made me feel welcome and took the time to give me a personal introduction to the hotel. My room had a very comfortable king-sized bed, a separate living area, a kitchen, and a newer looking bathroom. There was a supermarket very close by and I bought food and drinks to keep on hand. This worked out perfectly as I was able to provide snacks, drinks, and a cozy atmosphere for my visiting Montreal relatives. Turgay was on hand to help us with anything we needed. I had a wonderful experience at Parc Suites, but I should mention that the hotel has stairs from the street up to the reception area. I had no problem with the stairs and the staff was available to carry luggage up and down the staircase. I felt at home at Parc Suites and I will definitely return!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I highly recommend this small hotel. Our unit (#4) had a spacious living area where we comfortably hung out during bad weather and hosted my son (a student at nearby McGill) for lunch. The hotel is near some of the best walking streets in the city (St Laurent, St Denis) and other attractions including Mont Royal. The 24-hour convenience store and ATM next door are super-convenient, and Cora's (downstairs) is a very popular breakfast place that we greatly enjoyed. The rooms were clean and quiet, with many nice features including cabinets and shelves in the bathroom. The bedroom was small but comfortable, and it was very nice to have a separate room so I could sleep in while my partner got up early and made coffee. Free parking is a real bonus. Turgay and the staff were eager to help and take care of us. After this experience, I'll never stay in a standard hotel room in Montreal again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I chose the Parc Suites Hotel for a two-night stay in Montreal in mid-October 2012, based on the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed. Turgay and staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spotlessly clean, with a fully equipped kitchen. Spaces are compact, but considering you get a bathroom, kitchen, living room and separate bedroom, for the price of a standard hotel room, Parc Suites Hotel is an excellent value.

McGill University and a Metro station are close by, and there's a large grocery store next door. Excellent location for exploring Montreal! Ate a wonderful vegetarian meal at Lola Rosa on near-by Milton Street.

If you have mobility issues, be aware that Parc Suites Hotel has many stairs to climb. This was not an issue for me, but may be for others.

I highly recommend Parc Suites Hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room at the front of the building, on a lower level. As a light sleeper, I found the s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed in #5 with two rooms and balcony. Condition was welcoming and plenty clean for barefeet. Comfortable bed, 2 tv's, extra polite and helpful management/staff. Bonus of full size supermarket with deli just down the block - different from 24-hr store next door. We enjoyed Cora's below for breakfast, food from the grocery deli for supper, and goodies from the nearby bakery for another breakfast. Note, check out the large seating area in the back of the bakery - a surprise when you simply look at the front window.
Our first meal in Montreal enjoyed while sitting snugly on the balcony first evening was perfect, especially if you enjoy people watching. Location was convenient for walking to McGill, Old Montreal, downtown, and more. Parking is included and we never moved the car. As mentioned in earlier reviews, there are panhandlers/ homeless on the street. They were not aggressive, we didn't feel threatened, but found it uncomfortable.
As for steps to the room, yes they're there, but help wasn't just offered, they insisted on assisting with anything to be carried. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We visit Montreal and have first hotel a very bad experience and change to the Parc Hotel. The staff are good and the hotel nice for the price. We like the kitchen and everything work very good in our room. Big bed and comfortable, big t.v. and all things new and working. We stayed two nights then book 3rd with no problem or fuss.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here two nights visiting relatives in Montreal. The locaiotn on Parc was good for taking the bus (#80 along Parc), exploring downtown, and the price was good.

Worth Noting: There is a Cora's immediately downstairs and a Provigo supermarket (open late) right next store, so cooking in-suite is very easy.

The hotel is small (only about 8 suites) and quiet. The staff were very nice and offered to carry our stuff up and down the stairs. The stairs were as described elsewhere: One flight up from the street and another to our rooms, but similar to stairs everywhere. The suites were nice (we reserved a Studio and opted to upgrade on arrival to a Queen), basically small apartments. The kitchen was complete (stove, microwave, pots+pans) and the layout was functional and good for two people moving about.

This hotel performed well as an apartment for our visit, and gave us the chance to eat in and prepare our own meals. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We reserved a Studio but upgraded to a Queen Suite on arrival - for $10 more a night it was probably...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was our third time coming to this hotel. Each time we appreciate their care and attention to detail. This stay we happen to discover the thoughtfulness and hospitality of the kitchen. We decided to make a small evening meal using our room's kitchen when our 3 year old fell asleep. This is when we realized how seriously equipped this kitchen was - like three kinds of cutting knives, a vegetable steamer, even an extra roll of thick paper towel. Yes, there are wine glasses and a full complement of dishes, but there is also a decent choice of pots and pans too. The stove, refrigerator, and microwave are all of proper quality.
Just a remarkable hotel. Our compliments again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Parc Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!