“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Crystal

You added Hotel Le Crystal to your Saves list
Hotel Le Crystal
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Rue de la Montagne, Montreal, Quebec H3G 0A1, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off and comp upgrade!
Ranked #9 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went for NYE with a friend. The outdoor hot tub on the 12th floor has a fantastic view of the city and was a highlight. Great gym. Beautiful glassed in pool also on the 12th floor - a perfect place to nurse my hangover the next day. The queen suite (Rm 618) was fantastic. HUGE rain shower in an appropriately massive bathroom. In short - the facilities are fantastic BUT what really makes this hotel worth spending your money on is the service. The front desk staff could not do enough to help us. Helen was especially helpful. I had forgotten my iPhone charger at home. She just asked me to leave it with her and when I came back an hour later it was fully charged. I also forgot a pair of gloves in the room after checkout. I went back hours later and the housekeeping team brought them right to me. Every person we interacted with was happy and helpful. This is clearly a very well managed hotel that hires great people. We had a fantastic getaway and I will definitely be back to Le Crystal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CrystalGM, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Travel Doc 86,

Thank you very much for your very kind review! Our employees are always motivated when they receive such complimentary comments!

Hope to welcome you again sometime soon,

Geoff Allan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very modern. A great place if that is your style. The staff was friendly. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bed was perfect. There was not much to not like about this Hotel. I found it to be a very good value for the money. In short I would stay here again. The main. Reason I did not give it highest rating is that I prefer less modern more classic style. However if modern is your thing this is the place for you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here during F1 weekend. Beautiful rooms, gym, spa and location is ideal. Close to restaurants, subways and shopping. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: As usual.. high floor over looking the city
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Normally when staying in Montreal you'll find me at a Starwood property, such as the Sheraton on Westin, however I was peeved at the poor Sheraton service last time and wanted to try something new but in a similar location. I had heard the le Crystal was nice so gave it a shot for my 3 night stay while on business. They upgraded me to a large 1BR suite which was quite nice, albeit somewhat stark and modern, but very spacious. It had a full kitchenette, and a great/handy espresso machine. The internet service was included and quick, the noise from other rooms or hallway non-existant. The bed was quite firm, even for me. One thing I thought interesting given the high level of service and cleanliness I witnessed was the dirty dishes outside my door from another room's dinner I suppose, that sat there the entire stay. Seemed odd, but did not wreck my experience. Front desk was very helpful, but I never did see the 'limo service' as described on their website, which would've been nice for my meetings at other hotels. All in all a good experience, and I'm most likely to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

After over thirty years staying at L`Hotel de la Montaigne we had to select a substitute for our frequent visits to our favorite city in N.A.We followed the manager ,Tina Rodrigues, to Le Crystal and found it to be a very comfortable transition.While it lacks the charm of L`Montaigne,the rooms are remarkable -spotless,quiet,,spacious with,lovely views and very comfortable in every way.The staff is very attentive and efficient particularly good service at the lounge and with parking..Coffee and all major newspapers in the lobby in the morning,wine and small plates at the cocktail hour.A fine dining restaurant,gym,pool, spa,outside deck and hot tub--this hotel is truly self contained.We look forward to returning for the January thaw.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Monsey, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for one night in this hotel. It had amazing huge glass window with a beautiful view. The suite was spacious and modern. Great location at the heart of downtown Montreal. Only little blip experienced was the concierge was meant to order us a white limo to pick us up after our wedding, and it never arrived, when we finally got back in touch with them they sent us a black one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We booked our stay weeks in advance but when we arrived, they didn't have our reservation. Luckily they had available rooms so they were able to fix the reservation. The front desk and concierge/bellmen staff were friendly.

Our reservation included "surprises" in our room, we weren't sure what they were. My husband called reception and they were a little rude ("Can't your see anything???" to which he replied "What am I looking for?"). Turns out the "surprises" were wine and roses - we thought that the wine was part of the mini bar stock and the flowers were standard decor.

The room itself was fine. The main room had a small table with 2 chairs, love seat, TV, and small kitchenette.

The bedroom had a queen bed, club chair, and desk. The TV was on a cabinet at the foot of the bed but my husband, who's tall, kept knocking it with his feet and he was afraid he'd knock the TV off in the middle of the night. The phone in the bedroom didn't work.

The bathroom was nice - double sink, large tub, large shower. Lots of towels and a lot of nice toiletries which I always like!

Included with our reservation was a continental breakfast which we didn't enjoy. The selection wasn't great, bottled juice was warm, dishes were dirty, glass was cracked, etc. However the service was good.

The location was very good, just a few blocks from St. Catherine and shopping.

Overall this hotel was nice but for the price, I really was expecting more. I would definitely check out other hotels before staying here again. Our friends stayed in a hotel nearby that was half the price but just as nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple