“Mantra you will say it over an over again great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet
Montreal, Canada
“Mantra you will say it over an over again great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

So we were invited by a few friends to go an eat there on a Saturday night.
Entertainment is a very good belly dancer and the music is good but it is not live.
We ordered dinner b and it was wonderful it had more than enough to eat with many choices
in it and very reasonable too for two people it cost with a beer split, $45. with tax and tip and we got a 10% coupon looking on line for eat deals. The servers were amazing very quick and very efficient and charming. The place has parking in the back and on the street, the eatery is nicely decorated and I would go again an again my kind of place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Trenton, Canada
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I went here tonight for dinner! It was delicious and a nice change from the usual offerings in Vieux-Longueuil where we live (I'm sick of the mundane and the pretentious). The food is very tasty and nicely spiced at Mantra. The staff was extremely friendly and down to earth. The atmosphere was relaxed, which I like. It is authentic Indian! There was a belly dancer performing during dinner, which kept my husband amused! All in all, I will go back! Very yummy eats, indeed!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great Indian choice in Longueiul!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Great authentic Indian food. The mixed tandoori platter was generous, with a great selection for a carnivore. The shahi paneer was creamy and beautifully spiced. Rice biryani was perfect! If we lived in the area, we'd be regulars.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The service provided by the staff is really good. The ambience too. The food is good. Apetizers are the one i give the highest rating. The food is prepared instantly & served.
Overall...a nice experience

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Disastrous 50th Birthday Surprise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My daughter planned a surprised birthday for me at Mantra, a restaurant my family and I have been going to since it was first opened and before hand when the owners had another restaurant next to the Champlain Mall in Longueuil. I would say we've been going there for at least 10 years. First, the owner lost the menu my daughter requested and prepare a buffet WITHOUT consulting her (my daughter knows how much I despise buffets and prefer a-la-carte). Secondly, they didn't want my daughter to set up the projector and screen in the nicer part of the restaurant (even though it was empty) and so the guests were placed out in the back with 3 table scattered about and holes in the wall. We were a small group made to look even smaller by the way we were seated. It was also hot as it was right next to the kitchen. Thirdly, the food sucked. The tandoori chicken was dried, there wasn't enough quantity-wise and the naan bread was crispy. The guests were never offered a drink until 45 mins after arriving and there was no music. To add insult to injury everyone was charged $20 for the buffet which is more than the normal cost for the buffet! As I said, we are regular customers and the way we were treated was a disgrace. Over the years I have recommended people to this restaurant but that will no longer the case. From now on I will tell them to stay well away as I will in future.
The whole thing disappointed my daughter so much which broke my heart as she worked so hard to surprise me and ranted and raved at what a wonderful restaurant this was. WAS being the operative word here.
Farewell Mantra.