“Tryint it... is adopting it. You'll want to go back.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 574 Restaurants in Laval
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Description: Fine Italian dining in a charming 115-year old house that was converted into a restaurant. Intimate dining with personal service and great food! There is an outdoor patio with a fontaine and gazebo decorated with a lot of plants and flowers. Private dining rooms are also available. Extensive wine cellar with the best Italian wines. Trying is adopting.
“Tryint it... is adopting it. You'll want to go back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Definitely one of the best table in Old Ste. Rose, Laval. If you like Italian food, this is THE place to go.
The staff is polite, professional and welcoming. They have a nice outdoor terrace with lots of flower and vegetation.
You have to try the Cesar salad (for 2), they make the dressing fresh, at your table. From fresh pastas, expertly cooked meats to delicious risottos, you can't go wrong here.
If you're looking for a great, romantic night or just a get together, you'll be well rewarded with the quality of food and wine selection and impeccable service.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank Luc427

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We discovered this gem, the previous evening while taking a walk in the Old Ste-Rose district of Laval. We entered the restaurant for dessert and coffee. The waiter was most courteous, said they don't usually take walk ins strictly for dessert, because they usually reserve for the full course. But never the less, he accommodated us. My girlfriend and I had cheesecake and chocolate mousse respectively, with Brazilian coffees. While savoring the dessert, I had asked the waiter if I could browse through the menu, at which point he most pleasantly hands me the menu with the wine list. Let me tell you, the wine list is endless, it focused strictly on Italian wines from all the regions. You have your Barbaresco, Barolo, Tignanello, Brunello and so on, to please even the finest connoisseur. The menu was extensive and complete, going through veal, beef, fish, chicken and so on. I then decided to make reservations for the following evening and give Amato a try. the following evening upon our arrival, we were greeted with a smile and escorted to our terrace table. Let's call it (Il Giardino), because the terrace was a beautiful garden, with a superbly quiet ambiance. We proceeded to order Vodka Martinis,
that were served to us perfectly chilled, and without skimping on the Vodka. There were easily two or three ounces of the Vodka. We then proceeded to order our entrees and meal. My girlfriend and I both ordered risotto as an entree, with a tuna mousse made with Mascarpone cheese. Risotto AWESOME, tuna mousse truly delectable. The main course consisted of Medalioni stuffed with porccini mushrooms and prosciutto for my girlfriend, and I had the veal cutlets, covered in a mushroom sauce, with perfectly cooked vegetables. For dessert my girlfriend had the Amaretto creme brulee, she nearly passed out, because it was too good! All in all this restaurant is a gem, the food and ambiance are fabulous, the staff all very attentive and our waiter (Tony) a master in giving exceptional service. Would I recommend this restaurant? IN A HEARTBEAT! Will I go there again? YES........and then some. Add this one to your discover list, you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited August 2011