“A must try!” 4 of 5 stars

450-937-5558
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Fumoir Rubs Smokehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 546 Restaurants in Laval
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Laval, Canada
“A must try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've been to my share of smokehouse down south and I was excited when I heard about this place. I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised!

They did a very good job at remodeling the old Score's and the athmosphere is very nice, the service was good, without being outstanding. The food is very good and not that pricy.

Both my mom and I took the pulled chicken sandwich and it was excellent. I was weiry about it being full of fat (as is motly the case in the states) and it was not. The home made BBQ sauce is also excellent.

The drinks were big, tastu and original and the Key Lime pie was terrific, though kind of expensive (6.95$ for a rather small piece).

Over all, a great experience and I will definitely come back with my co-workers to make them discover the place!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Montreal, Canada
“Smokehouse a Welcome Addition to Laval”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Having heard the buzz about this smokehouse restaurant, we decided to give it a try.

When we arrived we were enthusiastically greeted by the owner, who had us ushered immediately to our reserved table.

The place was buzzing, nice and full. Couples, families, dinner parties. A friendly din. The dining area is also saturated with flat screens up high, so the game(s) can be easily followed. The volume was either off or very low, so it would not be intrusive to those who would rather not have to talk over blasting tvs, but still want to follow the game.

Our server also greeted us promptly, and was very friendly and welcoming. Over the course of the evening, she was attentive. At the end of the meal, she remembered to bring out a slice of cake with a candle (I had whispered to her when we first sat down that we had a birthday in our party). Service was overall excellent.

We were a party of six, so we had the opportunity to sample a wide variety of their specialties.

The Hits:
1) the rib steak was juicy, deliciously smoked and of good quality. One of the best steaks had in a long time. Highly recommended.
2) the pork ribs were delicious, meaty, fall off the bone and smoked to perfection. Ribs done right. Full rack was a huge portion.
3) hamburger was smoked and juicy, and very tasty. Took a while to get used to the meat beeing uniformly bright pink, as it was cooked via smoking and while entirely normal, it isn't visually the norm for us. The 8oz (1/2 pound) is the smallest they serve and it was plenty, especially with the sides. The 16oz burger would have been colossal and overkill, for us.
4) the brisket was juicy and smoked, but a little mild in flavour. Still quite good though.
5) the chicken was good and smoked throughout. Nothing that woud stand out, but decent.

The misses:
1) fries were overly oily tasting and not very appetizing. The portions were huge but we left most on the plates.
2) they have chucked the assisine Montreal restaurant custom of no refills on fountain drinks, but only partially: you are allowed one, and only one, refill. If you're going to do something, go all the way, IMO.
3) the slaw was terrible.
4) the desserts were dry and uninspiring. Skip altogether.

For 6 people we were just shy of $200 before tip, for our mains, sodas and a few desserts. Not inexpensive but a good value considering the overall quality of the food and of the atmosphere.

We will be returning.

If you thought my review was helpful, please let me know by clicking on "yes - helpful". I rely on trip advisor quite a bit for helpful, unbiased advice and I let other reviewers know by voting yes :)

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Laval, Canada
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Pulled pork & burgers taste absolutely great. Fries are nothing special. Mac & cheese is terrible... Pasta overcooked and just boiled in plain water... Need to learn to put salt in water and cook al dente. Sauce also drab. Can't go wrong with the oignon & dip appetizer. Missing greanery on the plate. Everything seems to come with fries and it makes for a very greasy, brown and drab plate. We went to Laval location... Service very standard. Still, the menu is very enticing, alot of interesting sounding options if you're not worried about calories.

Montreal, Canada
“Succulent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

One word: Amazing!!!!

It was our first time there, it was recommended by a friend of ours. It was delicious! My friend and I both took the pulled pork sandwich, and I had fries and mac & cheese as my sides. Everything was perfect, service was good too! I would go back for sure and I cannot wait to try the ribs!

• Visited March 2014
Quebec City, Canada
“The Holy Grail of BBQ in the greater Montreal area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Wow. I have been at Rubs many times, both at their location in Laval and at their old location on Prince Arthur, and every meal was a bite of smokey BBQ covered heaven for my taste buds. The food is authentic, fresh and perfectly seasoned. You can tell the owners are both passionate about their food and sticklers for quality above all! They sometimes even run out of some of the items on the menu - since every piece of meat is smoked for several hours, if they're out, that's it! But don't worry too much: there's always something delicious you can eat on the menu.

If you're a group, I definitely recommend getting the Texas Platter, just so you can a taste of everything - brisket, pulled pork, smoked chicken, and their ribs dripping in amazing sauce. As sides, DEFINITELY get the smoked mac and cheese, it is so worth it. I can eat just that as a meal. Smoked vegetables are also delicious, as are the coleslaws, depending on whether you want some veg or not.

But my ultimate favorite will always be the smoked salmon. Wow. Juicy, perfectly smoked pieces of fish with the best tartar-style sauce you've ever tasted. Get it as a burger or as a plate, and it won't let you down.

Bring your appetite and you'll probably still leave with a plate full of leftovers to savor the next day. Then I guarantee that you'll be back for more!

• Visited February 2014