“Good mexican food in Tremblant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5,786 of 13,279 restaurants in Quebec
Cuisines: Mexican
Ontario Canada
“Good mexican food in Tremblant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went to Puesta del sol last weekend with friends and enjoyed it very much. So sorry for those who posted the last comments…maybe they changed their chef! The sangria was not diluted at all, very tasty with lots of fruit. We had the enchilada mole, the chicken nachos, the chicken mole and everything was excellent. Had a great time! This restaurant has a very modern décor. Service was excellent! Nothing to criticize except it would be nice to have some free nachos and salsa to munch on before ordering. Would go back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

39% Recommend
Mississauga
“Kraft Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have never have been so disappointed while dining out. I am classically trained Chef and I find it hard to go out and pay for bad food, but this one takes the cake.

The group of 10 of us decided to go and have something neutral and quick so we picked Puesta del Sol. The food for the adults was ok, mine obviously was crap, but that's what I was expecting anyways.

We ordered the " Mac and Cheese" for my son and being in Quebec we were expecting them to put some real cheese in his dinner. Well he got his dinner and it turned out to be Kraft Dinner. My wife and I take great pride in trying to feed our son real food and when this came to the table both looked at each and knew right away this was not homemade. The server actually asked when she dropped his " dinner" at the table who was having the other Kraft. I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. Who would serve this to paying guest. As everyone knows the nutritional value of KD and the cost of a box of this on the shelves of any supermarket.

At 8.99 a bowl with two carrot sticks and some shredded lettuce and 2oz of ranch dip the cost of that was around .90 cents if you do the math like I did and that is a 898.98% Mark up. I would of been happy to pay for this mark up considering where I was, but to get what I paid for is a disgrace.

I hope this helps when deciding to go out for dinner.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go back if you paid me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We ordered chorizo to start - what we got was cut up regular sausage - and not even good quality! We asked to change this for nachos and were presented with a plate of plain tortillas, with what can best be described as tomatoe purée and cheddar meanly spread on it. That was it, and all for the bargain price of 15 bucks! The mains were alright - but frankly taco bell does better food, and for quarter of the price. The staff seemed nice but my god, the food is really awful. worst meal we've had in Canada, and that includes burger king.

Visited August 2012
Clearwater, Florida
“Greasy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The food is not at all authentic. It is very greasy as they fry everything. The sangria and margarita were both diluted and watery. The beef taco salad has chopped broccoli and cauliflower - vegetables not normally seen in an authentic Mexican kitchen.

Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
“Bartender-Server CHAD was top notch !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Went in with a group of friends for a couple drinks and appies. CHAD, the bartender-server, made us margaritas with blue salt as a final touch !! Service was fast. Food was hot and tasty. Priced ok as well. Terrace had full sun until 19h. Can't wait to go back and see CHAD !!

• Visited May 2012