“Best Motel in the Maritimes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cairns Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Summerside
Cairns Motel
You added Cairns Motel to your Saves list
721 Water St East, Summerside, Prince Edward Island C1N4J2, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Nova Scotia
“Best Motel in the Maritimes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

Stayed at the Cairns Motel in Summerside, PEI again...and as a travelling sales rep I find most "motels" pretty much on even par. The Cairns however sets a new standard and raises the bar for any other on PEI.
While this is an older property, there have been appropriate upgrades (big tv, hugely comfortable beds, M/W and Fridge) so you have all the amenities and are minutes away from all shopping and even on top of the Confederation Trail.
From a business standpoint ,the rooms have nice seating area, lots of lighting, hispeed wireless internet and fridge & microwave . Come evening its whisper quiet, so you get a great nights rest on such comfy beds!
Everything you need to do your job while away from home.
My husband often travels with me and golfs on any number of wonderful courses, what a great combination, work and play!

The young owners are on the right track taking such excellent care of their visitors and their establishment! I give the Cairns a 10 out of 10!

• Liked — great room and wonderful people
  • Disliked — had to leave that comfy bed and go on to Charlottetown
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Washington state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

Stayed here with family. Has been remodeled so very nicely! Loved the bathroom! Comfy beds. Quiet. Great wireless internet connection. GREAT PRICE and friendly manager. I would highly recommend this to anyone traveling PEI.

• Liked — It was quiet and VERY clean plus affordable
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything I didn't like!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

I have only glowing things to say about the Cairns Motel and the staff. Thjis summer, for the first time, my family and I visited PEI and stayed 3 nights at the Cairns. The owner could not have been more helpful, pleasant , or generous with his time. The rooms were clean, quaint and quiet and the motel was in close proximity to the bridge and major routes in PEI. I would highly recommend this place suitable for families, friends or couples. Thanks to the staff at Cairns for making our stay so pleasant.

• Liked — The friendly staff and how clean the rooms were
  • Disliked — As If !
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

We couldn't be more pleased with this motel. First of all the family that runs this motel were helpful, friendly and courteous. Everything we needed was provided for. When I asked for an iron the manager brought it straight to us and introduced himself, and offered information about what to do on the island. All of our questions were answered and then some. I learned the most about PEI through our motel manager. His suggestions were perfect. Victoria by the Sea was one of our favorites.The beaches he suggested has left us speechless. Our room was spacious ( nice sitting area) and it offered all the amenities you could ever need, fridge, microwave, tv. The room was always clean with fresh towels when we returned in the evening. We especially loved the set up of the back yard, with the apple trees and the lovely green grass and beautiful flowers. We can't say enough good things about this wonderful motel. It really added a special touch to our fantastic visit to one of the most beautiful islands in this world, Prince Edward Island. If visiting and not sure where to go email me with questions at jannh24@hotmail.com. I would be happy to make suggestions.

Stayed August 2008
nova scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

We've been staying at this motel fro many years as I've grown up. Tried a couple of other's in the past couple of years just to have a pool. teh experience there was not half as good of service as you get at Carins. Nice clean renovated rooms with a superior mattress to sleep on. Very friendly service with Aaron and his wife. Would totally recommend it to anyone looking for affordable, friendly service. We'll be back next year & many more to come!

• Liked — the overall service
  • Disliked — nothing to mention
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

A wedding brought me and my family to Summerside, P.E.I. and the Cairns Motel. We stayed for two delightful nights where we encountered polite, efficient, and always helpful staff and management. The rooms, of which we had booked two, were clean, tidy, newly-renovated and offered, in each room, two, comfortable double beds, fridge, microwave, air-condition, and cabled television. In addition, there were comfortable chairs and table in each of the rooms. When in the rooms of the motel, which is located about twenty minutes from Confederation Bridge and on a busy road, you are unaware of any road noise. Each room also had a most pleasing adjorning small deck area that had access directly from the rooms. It is a very relaxing place with beautiful flower gardens and we most definitely will return to The Cairns Motel whenever we are in Summerside.

(Mrs.) Margaret-Jane Ogden Christie

• Liked — the cleaniness of the room
  • Disliked — the plastic water "glasses"
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

Great place to stay! Apparently the rooms were just renovated, because I have yet to see a cleaner motel room in PEI and I come here annually.. first stay here, as my regular place was full. I will definitely be back.

• Liked — cleanliness, size of room, amenities
  • Disliked — nothing actually
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cairns Motel? Share your experiences!