“Dirty, poor service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Causeway Bay Hotel

Save Saved
You added Causeway Bay Hotel to your Saves list
Causeway Bay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   311 Market St., Summerside, Prince Edward Island C1N 4J8, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Summerside
Toronto
“Dirty, poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with group tour of 56, located in the middle of residential area. The exhaust fan in the washroom is not working, full of dust. The water in the bath tub goes down slowly, aircon is noisy, and the worst of all, no hot water! Night time in PEI is cool, and I have to take cold shower, now I have cold!

There was power outage from 2 AM to 6:30 PM due to upgrading of electrical system in Summerside, but the front desk did not care to inform us, even the tour guide and the driver was surprised about the power outage. Due to power outage, there was no airconditioning, luckily it was cool at night. The morning call is 6 AM, but since there is power outage, there was no morning call, the front desk did not care to inform us in advance, thanks for cellphone alarm, no one was late for the assembly.

Our breakfast starts at 6 AM, since there is no electricity, everything is cold, no hot water, no lights, we ate cold bread for breakfast, drank cold milk, no hot coffee or hot water. So disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tamara P, General Manager at Causeway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank You for your review as all reviews are important to us for many reasons, they give us a chance to improve our services to you our valued guest, and it is never a success to us if each and every guest is not given a great experience. We have many tours with us weekly and have fabulous success with them, from time to time the city does a planned power outage and it makes it hard to help our guest because of this, we do call all tour groups as well as put signs up in the lobby so everyone knows about this inconvenience, which we did on the date in question, on this date as well we had a furnace have problems due to power outage and we are happy to say we have taken steps to prevent this from happening again with a generator, we did contact all tour guides and make the suggestion to use phones as alarms to prevent missing starting times for breakfast, also we offered to have breakfast later once power came back on so hot water etc would be available for guests but this did not work for traveling schedule reasons. In closing our staff take great pride in our hotel and our cleanliness and were as well disappointed that this stay for you was not a success, and I as Manager take full responsibility for this and offer our sincere apologies to you and hope we can have you stay with us again in future with a great outcome, I Thank You for taking this time to help us to promote greater experiences in future

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We came to book this motel out of pure luck, Our basketball team was notified only 4 days ahead that we could get into the tournament as the other team could not go, We called a few places and i found the rates quite high, but when i book at The Causeway Bay Hotel we were very pleased. Their is a pool, the rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely helpful in finding out places to go to in the area. The restaurant on site was very good food but the best were the prices. We had the buffet breakfast for only 10.99.. and was excellent. i would not hesitate to stay here again !!!

Room Tip: all rooms have a microwave and fridge we stayed on the third floor in room 321 and was just across...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tamara P, General Manager at Causeway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank You for your review !
My staff and I love to have sporting groups in and pride ourselves on our service to them, with large groups there can always be a challenge to make sure that everyone has the best of service and that no one is ever missed and we strive for even greater success with each group.

I would love to speak with you anytime you plan a trip back to our area.
Please feel free to call me Tamara Palmer directly @ 902-436-2157 or email me anytime at infolinkletter@causewaybayhotels.ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I unfortunately had made the mistake to check in to your PEI hotel. Everything is incredibly dirty. The maids and service workers are very unenthusiastic and don't do their job right. Terrible service at the restaurant, and horrible cleaning jobs... Our bathroom wasnt even cleaned, the floor of the hallways havent been cleaned in months, the siding on the walls is coming off, the numbers on the door are missing. It is a very creepy place honestly. Theres different buildings for everything. The fridge wasnt working. The first day we showed up the toilet was unusable, clogged.. It had a horrible stench. And the pool had to.be about the most disgusting thing, blood on the floor, water EVERYWHERE, rusty everything, the stalls havent been cleaned. Ive been to MANY hotels, and this is by far the worst.

• Stayed February 2013
Tamara P, General Manager at Causeway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I would like to thank you for submitting your comments regarding your visit to Causeway Bay Hotel and Convention Centre. I must express regret in your disappointing stay with us, I , as General Manager take full responsibility in our failure to provide you with a comfortable, relaxing stay. The hotel was at max capacity during the time of you check in. I will say we had no other complaints that weekend and it was very successful sporting event, with our customers enjoying the hotel. We did indeed have many groups in and for the most part we encourage the teams to enjoy themselves while here with few issues. We do have a four building structure here and we have been enjoying so many compliments on all the upgrades we have added. The staff have taken great pride in the hotel and perform their jobs with you, our valued guest in mind. Restaurant was peak activity with line ups for tables all weekend and reservations were recommended, our pool is one of the many reasons guest enjoy the hotel and is used to great extremes with the guests. We should in hindsight have an another person on at front desk to assist with any issues such a busy weekend sometimes occur as policing this large a group is somewhat challenging at the best of times. I have reviewed you comments with the entire management team at Causeway Bay to ensure that all our guest service representatives are fully empowered to make decisions in the best interest of our guests.I again would like to thank you for your comments and say that I willingly accept all customer feedback, good and bad, as an opportunity to identify our weaknesses, celebrate our achievements and work towards continuous improvement of our hotel and services. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your comments should you wish to contact me directly
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here to take a course and I cannot believe the service and the price,, I have to come back from time to time to take more courses and I have met no better people anywhere !! I have travelled lots and I think the rooms are great and very clean, staff know how to show the PEI hospitality, I was taken for a drive to get some things I needed from the manager and I talked to alot of people that are there as well for training and they go out of the way to enhance our stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
At this time I would like to Thank You for your review, We have students here all year and we love to meet and get to know everyone,

We have long term rooms with great prices for the students and we are here if they need anything from a quiet place to study or directions anywhere.. A lot of our students return from time to time for more courses and its like welcoming family back.

The staff and I strive to make this a home away from home while you are here with us

I always love to speak directly with any returning or new students so please email me Tamara Palmer @ infolinkletter@causewaybayhotels or call directly 902-436-2157
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

On a whim, struck off for Summerside, for the Capital One Curling, showed up on their doorstep after trying several places in town, all were full. They not only had a room for us, but gave us a discount. Staff very friendly, rooms were a bit outdated, but priced very reasonable. Location was central in Summerside, and easy walk to waterfront, the surf walkway, or the sports complex.
We at most of the week at the restaurant, which is generally packed. Could not understand why there were always lineups, until we ate there, .............food was fantastic, and very reasonably priced with great specials. It seems all the locals also eat there, so you need to plan your meals a bit off the peak times. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Stay on south side. Stay in hotel, not the motel, as no idea what they were like
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your review, It is very appreciated when a guest takes the time to give us feedback about their stay,

The staff and I take great pride in our hotel and I like to think we are one of the most welcoming businesses in the city,

The Capitol One Curling was a fun event and the city is hosting a great curling event again in 2014 so hopefully you will return to spend time with us again

Please contact me, Tamara Palmer directly at infolinkletter@causewaybayhotels.ca or by phone 902-436-2157
Hillsborough, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed at the Causeway Bay on June 29 and 30th 2012. This was a great hotel, room was very clean and well equiped with micro wave, bar fridge for peoples use, coffee machie in room. We asked for a quite room knowing that the hotel would be full of other people like ourselfs on motorcycles. We had a back corner room and with the windo open did not hear the motorcycles coming in the front of the hotel. They also blocked off parts of the hotel parking for motorcycles only, this was great as well.
The most impresive thing was that after our checkin the hotel staff called to make sure that every thing in the room was as we expected and if there was any thing they good do for us.
I have stayed in a lot of hotels for winter sport events but have never had anyone call to check our room.
The staff make this hotel, when the staff are as great as they were and the hotel is nice, people want to come back. Hence I am booked for next year already, it was an easy decission.
Hats off to the hotel and staff everything was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel staff and management would like to Thank You for your review, We think the Atlanticade event is one of best events we have had in our city,

We were host hotel for 2013 and even though there was rain everyone made the best of it and the pride and love of life showed through,..

We look forward to 2014 !!

We use each and every review for our staff and myself to learn from and all input is so important for us to learn how we can give better service and grow with the needs of our guests.

If you are attending again please feel free to call me, Tamara Palmer directly at 902-436-2157 or email at infolinkletter@causewaybayhotels.ca
Truro, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I made reservations for two high school sports team traveling from out of province and with over 25 rooms booked the staff were well organized had everything ready for our groups. They assisted in evening dinner reservations (at 2 separate times for large groups of over 30 people)
The staff treated our athletes, coaches parents and bus driver with kindness and respect and were attentive to our every need.
The only negative I could state is the beds are a little small (fine for the girls team to share but boys would need 3 to room or a cot not 4 as I had planned)
Thanks for GREAT service!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Causeway Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!