“Customer service was amazing !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Causeway Bay Hotel

You added Causeway Bay Hotel to your Saves list
Causeway Bay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   311 Market St., Summerside, Prince Edward Island C1N 4J8, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Halifax, Canada
“Customer service was amazing !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011 via mobile

We stayed at the Causeway Bay when we came in town to see Elton John. The hotel was clean and bright. We really enjoyed our patio attached to our room (for the same price) - thank you so much to Tammy who went the extra mile to make sure that our stay was enjoyable. Also two servers at the Tap Room (the onsite pub), Eddy and Chris were excellent as well. Ask Chris to make you a strawberry daiquiri it was the best we've tasted !!! All in all an awesome trip - will definitely stay at the Causeway Bay Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed at the Causeway Bay hotel for business in August 2011 during the airshow weekend. I was blown away by the exceptional customer service I encountered. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond to ensure my stay was perfect. While talking to other guests in the Taproom, which is the bar in the hotel ( an amazing experience as well with great food, great entertainment and great service) I was told that this seems to be the norm at the hotel as they too experienced the same service.
My room was newly renovated and was very modern and comfortable.
I will be returning to this hotel hands down! It's like a home away from home! I've actually already booked my return stay and I recommend this establishment to all visitors to Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
Keep up the good work Causeway Bay! See you soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

There are many hotels on the island but I have to say that this one is the best place to stay bar none!!!

Staff went the extra mile, we had the best time at the lounge there, went to a concert and the band was back at the lounge for the after party ... we were told that the Tap Room Lounge in the hotel was the best place to go to on the island and we talked to people from Moncton and they come to the island all the time to go there,
The food was wonderful, we were so surprised as we did not expect to have the great food that we did while at the hotel,,, breakfast was great and we had supper in the tap room lounge ...best seafood pasta ! Hotel gave us a late check out and there was a extras like fridge in our room and we did not have to pay any thing extra ...the staff told us about the best water front board walk right beside the hotel and it went for for miles ... this its the best mini holiday we have had in years

Room Tip: The rooms all have extras like fridge and microwave and since my wife has diabetes it was perfect...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

There was a large group of at the hotel for work (RCMP) and we were met at the front desk by the staff and manager, not only checked in but given maps, agendas,local attractions, when we got to our rooms we were called and asked if everything was okay, we had a day or two off and the manager even gave us her own car as it was hard to rent a car to go to the beach, I have heard of PEI hospitality but was the best our whole group had ever experienced and should we travel to summerside again we would only stay in this hotel, we were told that there are other Causeway Bay Hotels in Canada to

Room Tip: Rooms were large and well done, hotel was a bit larger then motel but all were good
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Its now 1am and I'm still awake because my room is above the hotel bar and the furniture in my room is actually shaking from the noise of the band. I've been told by the hotel staff that the bar will close at 2am. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to be up early in the morning. This is the 2nd customer service complaint I have about this hotel.

The 1st complaint is that I was misled about the price when booking initially. I'm staying here for 3 weeks and was initially quoted a very good 2 week rate and told that I'd be able to work out a comparable rate for the 3rd week by talking to the manager when I arrived. Upon talking to the manager I was told I'd have to pay by the night for the 3rd week and that it would cost more than twice what I was paying per night for the first 2 weeks. The manager was unreasonable to deal with and very defensive making it impossible to reason with her.

In addition my room is dark and dingy, its on the ground level facing the road so I have to keep the curtains closed all the time, the air conditioning isn't effective making the room very hot, room cleaning is once a week, my mattress is worn out with springs sticking up everywhere, and the wireless internet only works on one side of the room. This place is very cheap but its cheap for a reason. It honestly isn't worth anymore.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main (center) building.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

This hotel was almost double the price of other smaller motels around Summerside. You need to book ahead for them though and we had an unexpected hospital stay and this was the only place with 2 rooms available. They advertise free highspeed internet but the signal was so poor in alot of the areas you could see the access point but couldn't connect to it let alone surf the internet. The shower in our room was not in the best of shape and water drained slower than the shower put out so the tub started to fill. The matteresses were old and and uncomfortable and one was so bad that it rolled you to the center. The pool is not actually attached to the building so you had to head across the street after picking up some towels from the main desk. Actually the hotel is in 4 separate buildings.

If you want breakfast you need to ask for vouchers to the restaurant BEFORE YOU CHECK IN. The restaurant was good with large portions as the only plus to this Hotel.

I will sleep in the car before I stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Very good experience stays at this hotel. Clean comfortable and feel like home. They prepare also bathrobe for the clients in the room.
The restaurant is impressive too; highly recommend cold lobster dinner with seafood chowder. Smile service with high efficiency, you will like it.
---Richard CHEN

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Causeway Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!