“Charged extra at the door” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mulberry Motel

Mulberry Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Summerside
Mulberry Motel
You added Mulberry Motel to your Saves list
6 Water Street East, Summerside, Prince Edward Island C1N 1A1, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Dartmouth, Canada
“Charged extra at the door”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

When I used their online booking service, I was told the room was $80, and $94.25 after all taxes. When I arrived, they swiped my credit card and sent me on my way. The total charge was $106.03. The guy at the counter said "The city charges an extra 2%." First of all, 2% on $80 would not bring it to $106, even 2% on $94 wouldn't. I tried to get a refund but the guy wasn't budging. I don't think he understood what the problem was. I was quoted one thing and charged something else. Simple.

The "breakfast" = muffins and timbits

There are bright lights on right outside the door and the blinds do nothing to stop the light.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I would not recommend this motel. We booked our rooms (3) in January 2012 for a motorcycle rally on June28th to July2nd. I was given a price over the phone, then the next day they called and changed the price as they had forgotten to add the taxes. I was ok with this oversight and kept the rooms. In the months following we added a room then later cancelled it and then added a 4th night to the 3 rooms and in all of this communication with the Mulberry there was no mention of a change in the price. When we arrived in June and checked in, the price had gone from $66.75/night tax incl to $100.00/night tax in. Upon questioning and some discussion with the owner he concluded that I was a liar and had never gotten that quote. Besides that, the toilet paper roll dispenser was falling off the wall and would not hold the roll, the bathroom door knob was broke and if we closed the door and latched it we couldn't open it, our room had a terrible musty smell, the free wi-fi was unaccessible (no signals to our side of the motel), one room had no smoke detector, bedside table, or lamp, and there was not much hot water or shampoo or body wash at all. Nor did any of the rooms have any dressers or places to put clothes (one room didn't even have coat hangers). Later we did receive about $11/ night back but it was too little too late for us and still not close to what we had been quoted. We could have had a 3 star hotel at a national chain just up the street for around the same price. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful but I will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Charlottetown, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had a room booked for June 30 , on June 29 I got a call, they had over booked. Not by one room but by several . They were sorry! Really it's " Canada day weekend" and we have no place to stay. I should have listened to previous trip advisor comment NEVER AGAIN happy Canada Day !!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Antigonish, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Well not sure how this motel actually ranks since 2 weeks prior to travel and 3 weeks after booking into this motel we were contacted and told that they do not have any availability. Now I had sent and email origionally and told there were rooms. I contacted a second employee to book the room and was told there were 2 rooms left and given my choice and then contacted 2 weeks later by a 3rd employee and told there was no availability. Shady to me obviously they must have gotten a better offer than the sports off season rates that were quoted to the 4 families who booked there. So left with no room on the Island due to a very large hockey tournament quickly approaching I don't know where we will end up but I can guarantee it will not be at the Mulberry now or in the future when we go back to the Summerside gathering!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
kingston, nb canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed two nights. There were not enough electrical outlets to plug in two cell phone chargers. The control for the hot water in the shower and sink was very sensitive and the hot water took some time to arrive at the taps and then was extremely hot.

Only one chair for the table. Room was clean but strong cleaning fluid odor.

Continental breakfast was basic, muffins and danish, coffee and juice but not served until 8am.

There was free wi fi and cable tv. Would only return if no other choices were available.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

What I liked:

-Close enough to downtown
-Pretty spacious room
-Lady at reception was nice
-Room ready and had access to it early
-Good air conditioner

What needs improvement:

-Found a shoe from previous guests under one of the beds...!
-Only two soap bars as toiletries
-Television reception was bad in the higher channels
-Windows had blinds on them so could not block out daylight early in the evening for my youngest and early in the morning
-Our room was in need of a total "makeover", really
-The breakfast had pastries galore, but did not find much more than that...

If you are only looking for a bed. Then this place will be fine for you. But if you are expecting a little more, then this might not be the right place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I'm not normally one to complain, but for $88/night, it would be nice to have: A) A room that doesn't smell like the dumpster behind a Red Lobster restaurant. B) A clean bathroom. C) A room that doesn't have the bottle caps from the last guest's visit on the floor. D) Hot running water. E) Walls that muffle the sounds coming through them. F) A "free breakfast" that consists of more than terrible coffee and the sort of pastries one would buy from a vending machine. G) Bedding that feels as if it wasn't previously used to transport potatoes to market.

On the plus side, the Wi-Fi worked pretty well, and the motel is located on beautiful Prince Edward Island.

Room Tip: If you want a better room, try the Quality Inn up the street.