“Yummy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cows Creamery

Cows Creamery
397 Capital Dr, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada (Formerly Cow's Ice Cream)
902 628 6314
Dining options: Late Night
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The best comparison for this for those in the states would be: similar to Steve's or Emac and Bolios. Good, rich homemade ice cream. There seem always to be lines, no matter which store you go in.

Visited August 2011

Ottawa, Canada
“Ice cream was great but the tour was not value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Was quite excited to see the ad for the guided tour. Found out on the day that they only make ice cream on certain days. Yes, there samples of the cheese but it's in the size of a mouse nibble! Charged $6 per person to go on a DVD guided tour with a nibble of cheese & a small spoonful of ice cream...not really worth it. The ice cream is worth the price as its extreme tasty. The cheeses is also excellent especially the apple wood smoked cheddar.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“You have to at least give it a try, it's yummy even if a bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had heard about this place so I wanted to go in and try some--the flavours are definitely enticing and it is really hard to choose. I had finally settled on a two-scoop cone since I wanted to try two flavours, even though I didn't want so much ice cream but what they let you do here is combine two flavours into one scoop, which I did. I think the difference in price was only a dollar, but it did taste two good portions of their ice cream since the once scoop size is pretty big. I found it a bit expensive, but it is a quality product and very creamy--well worth the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport Beach, California
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Most unique flavors executed to perfection. A bit pricey for the size cone. Go at least once and give it a go.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
New England, North Dakota
“REMINDS ME OF BEN & JERRY'S.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I LOVE chocolate ice cream. I DON'T LOVE waffle cones.

When approaching a COWS counter, there is a too sweet, sickly smell. It's the nasty waffle cones. I love the ice cream, and I desperately wanted a plain cone. All they have are waffles, or bowls.

My friend has celiac and brings her own bread to restaurants where they kindly are always willing to help her out when she orders a burger or sandwich. Next time I go to COWS, I'm bringing my own cone!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Brigid M, Front Office Manager at Cows Creamery, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our ice cream! I'm sorry that you didn't like our waffle cones- that same smell attracts many people into our stores, but I suppose not everything is to everyone's taste! We hope to get the chance to see you again & that you enjoy the rest of your summer!