“Family restaurant with home cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 203 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Charlottetown, PEI
“Family restaurant with home cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Wide selection of choice, something for everyone. Comfort food Liver and onions, cabbage rolls, meatloaf), Lebanese dishes and tasty salad selections (Asian Salmon or Cranberry goat cheese). Wait staff friendly. Service generally quick even when busy. Have read some of the less positive comments posted but always had a good experience at Papa Joe's.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“For the Elderly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was packed full - of octogenarians. Everyone there was a senior. The menu was all over the place. I ordered the haddock. Food came very fast (surprising for such a busy place), and the first thing I noticed was my fish was very FISHY. It smelled very fishy, and tasted very fishy. My company agreed with me.
I expressed my concern to the waitress who told me she didnt agree and no one else has complained. She made me foolish for complaining so I ate a bit more, but after a few more bites my body was telling me to stop. When i went to pay, another staff member told me that no one else complained about the fish.
About 3 hours later I was extremely sick in my hotel room.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlottetown, Canada
“Consistently yummy comfort foods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and and have never had a bad experience. The menu is varied, including some Lebanese items and many traditional Island favorites, plus nteresting specials from time to time (incl Indian), and home of the reigning Burger Love competition champion, The Goddess Burger. Need I say more? ;)

Visited February 2013
Bezeq
“Impressed with sincerity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Having been seated, we were ignored, menu-less, for the longest time by our waitress who had her back turned to us while stacking the dirty dishes. When prompted, immediately got to it and apologized and seemed to be doing her best to make ours a pleasant meal. It was pretty clear she was new when she botched my order--first of all, she didn't know exactly what was on an order of deep fried scallops, which turned out delicious, by the way; but she also blew it when the add-ons didn't turn out as agreed. Yet she continued to be pleasant and attentive to our table.
What followed at the check-out was even more impressive, with the manager (franchisee?) quietly inquiring about the meal. When told what had happened to my order, she apologized and promised to have a word with the new server, and, without prompting, offered to discount the meal. That was classy. And the poor girl got her tip.
Everyone in my party agreed the food was great; other things ordered off the lunch menu were fish and chips, lasagna, grilled haddock, and cabbage rolls.
I'll be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nova Scotia
“Ordinary but large menu, competent food and service, dingy decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Really my title says it all. The place was filled on Friday for lunch. We were seated in the back room which I was told is the children's party room. The carpet looked soiled and there were huge paint chips off the wall. Much worse than that is the main women's restroom. The heater in one stall is covered in rust. Paint is needed. The plastic flowers by the sink were covered in dust.

I cannot fault the service, and the large menu had nothing at all out of the ordinary but there was something for everyone. We had soup and a club sandwich, two orders of fishcakes and the flatbread special of the day. All were very good. The coffee kept coming too which was much appreciated.

Lets hope this place takes a day or two off for a refurbishing.

• Visited November 2012