“Moderately happy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Merchantman Fresh Seafood & Oyster Bar

Merchantman Fresh Seafood & Oyster Bar
23 Queen St, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 4A2, Canada (Formerly Merchantman Pub)
+1 902-892-9150
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 200 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Merchantman Fresh Seafood & Oyster Bar is a warm, cozy and inviting atmosphere. The restaurant has undergone a beautiful renovation and in doing so all the original 130 year old brick has been restored throughout the building. We strive to provide fresh and local product to the best of our ability. The Merchantman excels in seafood, and local favourites. If its Oysters that your after, look no further, our raw bar has a wide selection of local Oysters from Malpeque Bay all the way to Colville Bay and everywhere in between. So the next time your looking for a great evening out, be sure to stop by the Merchantman!
Halifax, Canada
“Moderately happy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015 NEW

The food was above average to delicious. However I found the service to be extremely slow. I arrived and was seated at my table for over ten minutes before my server asked me for a drink order. When she finally did she asked for my meal order at the same time. She never offered nor told me about any specials or additions to the menu.
The pub has a good rep but tonight must have been an off night. I was at my seat and a guy walks in and sits at the bar. He got his drink long before I was even asked what I would like. It wasn't that busy.
The kettle chips were very nice and crisp and the onion dip was ok. The curry with chicken was even better and not overdone as most restaurants often do. Overall pleased but wish the service was improved.
When sitting someone at a table all maitre'd's should either take a drink order or get their wait staff to pop by immediately. It's basic service stand venue that wishes to be in the price category that befits that kind of service.

“Super slow service but goid food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

Nice warm looking restautant. Good food but the service was horrible. Took too long for the main course and two of us were missing drinks and apps. The server left the pay machine with the first of our group and left for 15 mins so we had to ask another server to help us with the machine so we could pay our tabs. Price was very resonable.

The 3 dots is for the service.

“Resturant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

Had a meal with a friend of mine just before Christmas and was extremely impressed with the excellent service provided by the waitress Lisa. She was very friendly, prompt and was totally knowledgeable about the specials and Entres that were popular. The steal was very tasty, but the only downfall of the entire meal was that the steak was just a little too well cooked, as I asked for a hint of pink. The decor was recently changed and enhanced the ambiance. Would recommend to others.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moncton, Canada
“Exceptional Evening out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

My wife and I ate at this restaurant for the first time. It was great. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this Restaurant for an evening of celebration and as a gastronomical experience.

Visited November 2014
US
“luv their oyster happy 2-hours, their salmon specials and Kyle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

Kyle has managed the place for awhile. He is very customer oriented and runs a great place.

When I am in PEI, we live at Merchantman for their 1/2 price #raspberrypointoysters between 4-6pm. Their salmon specials are very good, crispy but not overcooked.Their mussels are first rate. Unlike some restaurants that shut down off season, Merchantman is open year-round.
Just make sure that you reserve a table on weekend evenings and during the summer.

make sure to try their arugula salad. Great service, consistently good food and access to some of the best local foods on the Island.

tell them "Parry sent you!" :-)

• Visited December 2014