“Read reviews here and was terribly disappointed. ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Row House Lobster Co.

Row House Lobster Co.
Ranked #2 of 183 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Row House Lobster Co. Seafood - Grill - Winebar Open all year round with PEI's largest selection of scotch! Located in the heart of Charlottetown on Victoria Row, Row House Lobster Co. Invites you to experience a fresh and local menu featuring the bounties of Prince Edward Island's land and sea. From our lobster specialties like the church supper, tacos, lollipops and risotto cakes to our customer favourites featuring mushroom gnocchi, Row House burger and fish and chips. There is something for everyone. Even a kids menu! Our desserts alone will make you come back for seconds.
“Read reviews here and was terribly disappointed. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

After reading Trip Advisor reviews, I chose this location for two of us to go for dinner. It's a beautiful warm day and the patio was enticing.

When we arrived, there were two tables free outside and many tables available inside. It still took staff about five minutes to seat us.

It was 10-15 minutes before the server took our drink and food order and while we were speaking, she stared down the street towards another restaurant's patio. She didn't write anything down but then had to ask questions about what we had ordered for our one appy and two entrees. They weren't clarifying questions, it was reasking what we had ordered. I should have cut and run at this point, but I still clung to what I had read in reviews.

We ordered mussels to start and then the lobster taco and burger for mains. The drinks took 15 more minutes to arrive and the mussels an additional 30. It was not particularly busy and the server was just taking a lot of time to do what I have seen others do with much more hustle.

The mussels were not great and came cold. We waited another 25 minutes for our mains. The burger was so cold that the skimpy cheese was hardened on the patty and the lobster tacos were unremarkable at best.

Our server said little more than 15 words to us during the 1.5 hours we were there and I went and stood at the desk until I got my bill.

Won't be back and certainly wasn't worth the money on any front- food or service.

CynthiaKing, Manager at Row House Lobster Co., responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Hi Will G.
Thank you for taking the time to write us a detailed review. We are sorry that you had a negative experience at the Row House. As a new restaurant we are continuing to improve upon our service each and every day. We will take your notes to our staff so that we can learn from this and avoid having what happened to you happen again with other guests.
Again, so sorry, and we hope we can have you back to the Row House soon.
Cynthia King
Row House Lobster Co.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“A lovely meal, sitting outside, in downtown Charlottetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had walked by many restaurants, but this restaurant had the most focused menu on seafood. We came back for dinner, and sat outside, and were served by the most delightful young woman Jessica, who just finished her studies at UPEI in education. She recommended the mussels, followed by a halibut steak on a bed of haricot vert, which was outstanding. I would tell you that this is a place which just opened, and they have it down. I had some PEI beer and I was very satisified. My wife had a chocolate cake which was not too shabby, and, I must say, I did try some. This is a good restaurant which will only and should only get better.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Dover, Canada
“Great Lobster, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Loved the lobster lollipops, lobster tacos - best in Charlottetown. Service was friendly and just the right pace for lunch.

Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“They had me at locally sourced food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

They have a patio which was perfect on a warm day! The service was excellent and friendly. There was enough interesting choices on the menu. They had a variety of drinks to choose from if you want to have a patio drink.

Visited June 2014
Parrsboro, Canada
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Nice wine bar/restaurant. Had the Oysters and Lobster. Great taste.
Good selection of open wines. Friendly waiters.

Visited May 2014