“A definite place to return to!” 5 of 5 stars

Colonial Charm Inn
9 Euston Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 1V5, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 42 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“A definite place to return to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Having read reviews, I decided this would be a good place to stay for three days. I am so happy I made that decision- it was a great place!! I was greeted at the door by Shelley (in the morning before normal check in time) to find my room had already been prepared for me. I was given a tour of the house and lots of info about what to do in the town- recommendations about tours, shows and restaurants. They were all useful and and correct. The Anne musical is great and the eateries- wow- what can I say? The breakfasts prepared each morning were fresh and different daily. Great to sit with fellow guests and share holiday experiences- especially when travelling alone. I hope to return to PEI and if I do I will definitely be returning to Colonial Charm Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Powell River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Colonial Charm Inn is a quaint, charming, and beautifully decorated inn. The hosts were exceedingly helpful and so friendly! We were fortunate enough to stay in the loft suite (it's new!) and were so happy we got so lucky, as we essentially walked in off the street after arriving in Charlottetown without any plans. You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here. We peeked into some of the other rooms as well, and they were all lovely. You can tell that a great deal of effort has gone into restoring the character of this heritage property. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to recommend the Colonial Charm Inn to anyone!

Room Tip: Try the loft room if you get a chance!
Wolfville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay, within walking distance of anything in the downtown area. My husband and I were in the Foster Parlour Suite which used to be an Ice cream Parlour - how cool is that, but even more interesting is that this is a place frequented by my PEI relatives (as was the Brighton Street Dance Hall, that is at the back of the now Inn). The Innkeepers are friendly, helpful and full of welcome recommendations. The breakfast is first rate, and it is great to have access to tea and treats at all times. The bed is very comfortable and the kitchenette in our room was appreciated. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Foster Parlour Suite is right at the front of the building, and as Euston is a high traffic stre...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the new loft and it is beautiful! It is on the top floor so not great for those who have trouble with stairs. But as a result, you're in your own hideaway away from other rooms. As it is newly redone, it is modern unlike the other more traditional rooms, and built into the attic, it has tons of space. Kitchen, microwave, desk, sofa seating area, outside balcony, and an dressing area or room for cot if needed. In short, it was luxurious, spacious, and quiet!
As for the service, it was top notch. Shelley and Reg were fantastic - welcoming, warm, full of information, and ready to accommodate any need. We'd definitely return!
BTW, believe Shelley when she tells you to see Anne & Gilbert The Musical - amazing.

Room Tip: The loft is new and has more space than other rooms. The 2nd floor rooms are more the size of regula...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were greeted right away by Reg who welcomed us, gave us a complete tour and chatted about what we should do, where to go and gave us great recommendations for restaurants, offering to make reservations anywhere we liked! Such a friendly, warm welcome was amazing! Our room (The Brighton Room) was charming, amazing king size bed and super clean - very Victorian which honestly isn't really my thing, but was well done for the style and mainly what you'll find in the area. It's all in the details here - antiques, original fixtures and did I mention the amazing friendly service?! Breakfast was delicious with a capital D! Shelley creates such a warm, friendly atmosphere that you don't mind getting up early (it's served til 9-9:30ish). Overall an amazing stay! If we return to Charlottetown we'll be back there for sure!

Room Tip: The Brighton Suite is one of the few with a king size bed AND it has your own private balcony area!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As soon as we walked in the door, we were greeted with friendly faces and open arms. The staff went above and beyond to ensure we had the complete experience. The Colonial Charm is more than we could have asked for. The location was close enough to downtown that we were able to walk and enjoy local attractions and entertainment. I will definitely be staying again, and recommending it to all of my friends and relatives.

Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

A more welcoming B&B you won't find. The hosts at the Colonial Charm Inn are incredibly gracious and accommodating, and they are the #1 reason this B&B ranks an "excellent" from me. Quick with fantastic recommendations for places to see and restaurants to visit, they genuinely want you to have THE best time on the island -- and I did! Location is fantastic, in terms of being a short, safe walk from the downtown area and the waterfront, and it makes a great, easy base for daytrips anywhere on PEI. I stayed in the Charles Henry Foster room: very comfortable bed, plenty of space for your travel things, balcony access ... Bathroom is small but functional. Traffic noise can be an issue if you have a front-facing room, but it isn't troublesome enough for me to not recommend a stay here (light sleepers, bring ear plugs just as a precaution). You will also hear creaky wood floors and other guests from time to time, but that's part of staying in a historic home -- part of the charm, if you will -- and other guests were quite respectful of everyone's right to quiet. Breakfasts are fresh and delicious -- you won't leave the table hungry -- and filled with smiles and laughter. Whether you come alone or with others, you're sure to hear plenty of good stories over cinnamon scones and candied bacon, and make a new friend or two. If you're looking for the best location, a great value, and PEI hospitality with a capital "H," book in at the Colonial Charm. I've been twice now, and there's no doubt I'll go back again. (FYI: I had a chance to see the new third-floor "loft" before it was even available for booking, and it's awesome! A departure from the rest of the house, in that the style has a definite prairie/mission flavor to it. If you have need for the space during your travels, it'd be a lovely place to stay.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Colonial Charm Inn? Share your experiences!