“A great way to see and learn more about PEI” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Duncan's Island Tours, provides customized professional tours in Honda Odysseys which can hold up to six passengers comfortably. Our focus is quality service. See the Island your way with an expert, professional guide.
Central Mass
3 attraction reviews
“A great way to see and learn more about PEI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I drove to PEI but, even though we had our own vehicle, we wanted more in-depth knowledge and experience of the island than we could get on our own. We're delighted to have come across Duncan on Trip Advisor, and made advance arrangements for a lighthouse tour of the eastern portion of the island.

Duncan is knowledgable, insightful, outgoing and friendly - all the qualities one would want in a guide - and was able to provide us with just the experience we were looking for. In addition, he was quite helpful in recommending restaurants to us, as well as helping us plan an itinerary for the self-drive portion of our trip.

If you're new to PEI, I'd highly recommend a tour with Duncan as a great way to get oriented and get the most from your visit!

Visited June 2013
Duncan C, Owner at Duncan's Island Tours, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Ken

Thank you so much for your review of the Lighthouse tour which we did in late june. It was especially meaningful because you chose to my services rather than just to drive yourself around the lighthouse route. While the day wasn't particularly sunny , we were able to explore some of most beautiful lighthouse on the Eastern end of the Island. I want to say a huge thank you for your kind words on my services. As a professional tour provider I consider myself an Island ambassador whose role it is to see that our visitors have the very best experience while they are here. That extends well beyond just doing a tour, it's the little things like giving you a mapped out route for your self guided tour, recommending restaurants and other things to do while your here.

all those things I hope will help you decide to come back and of course that you'll tell your friends what a wonderful experience you had on PEI. Duncan

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Duncan's associate Terry Allen was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Terry was extremely knowledgable about Charlottetown and PEI overall...a native with deep involvement in the community and had a story at almost every corner. Comfortable Mercedes SUV was well suited for our party of four. He took us on the South Shore and Confederate Bridge tour which included stops in a very peaceful and picturesque village and an up close look at a lighthouse that will soon be renovated for vacationers...good luck Terry! Keep us posted and we'll be back when it's ready!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Melody, thank you for your review of the tour you took with Terry. Terry has a great passion for the Island and as you have commented loves to share it in his stories. It was his pleasure to share our South Shore and the confederation Bridge with you. Thank you for choosing Duncan's Island Tours. Terry and Duncan
Madison, Wisconsin
“Touring PEI with Duncan's Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We toured PEI with Terry. He was very knowledgeable and went where we wanted on the island. Unfortunately the weather was not controllable by the tour company and we were in and out of rain all day. But we highly recommend Duncan's tours.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Duncan C, Manager at Duncan's Island Tours, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you DM for your review of the tour which Terry provided in june. It was our pleasure to share of beautiful Island with you, even in the rain. We hope you'll return to PEI so we can showcase our Island in the sunshine. Terry and i thank you for choosing Duncan's island tours. Hope to see you again. Terry and Duncan
22 attraction reviews
“Best day of the cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Five of us were on a girlfriend getaway and had a day in Charlottetown, PEI on our Canada and New England cruise. We wanted an island experience so we booked the "Island's Finest and Anne" tour based on previous reviews. Duncan met us in a clean, spacious Honda Odyssey van and made every effort to share the beauty of this gorgeous island. From the fishing villages, to the red cliffs and PEI National Park, we had a panoramic journey. The beaches were quiet since it was early in the season but we had a chance to dip our toes in the water. There was ample shopping time at a very unique specialty store and fresh-baked (gluten-free) muffins courtesy of Mrs. Duncan. We also learned about lobster traps and PEI mussel farming. We chose a photo stop at the Anne of Green Gables house but other guests may want to stay longer and take the entire tour. Duncan also shared his favorite PEI mussels and brew restaurant in town and we were not disappointed. Would love to return to PEI for a longer stay.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your review of your recent tour experience with duncan's Island tours. It was a great day sharing our island with you and your girlfriends. I hope you enjoyed your PEI visit and that you'll return to visit our Island again in the near future. i hope the muffin recipe turned out ok as well.
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Duncan's Tour an amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I found recommendations for Duncan's Tours on Trip Adviser and immediately thought this has to be the man to give my Daughter the 'Ann of Green Gables' experience she has dreamt about for years. Duncan delivered an exceptional experience for my wife and I, my daughter and son in-law. I believe the following quote from my daughter who is 27 and who looked 10 years old all day sums it up perfectly. Thank you so much Duncan.

'There may be other tours to take on Prince Edward Island but I don't know why you'd bother! As a huge 'Anne of Green Gables' fan and someone who has dreamt of going to PEI for about 20 years, I was concerned that things couldn't possibly meet my expectations. Happily, I was wrong. The island was beautiful and everything I'd imagined it would be! Duncan's knowledge of the island, his thoughtfulness and personal touch to all aspects of our tour were faultless. He drew the perfect balance between providing information in a knowledgeable and passionate manner and stepping back and allowing us to explore on our own at the different places we visited. Not only that but he ensured we got the best prices at all our stops and provided us with home made muffins and refreshments :-) Duncan's tour is a 'must do' for anyone visiting PEI!'

Visited May 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

David , thank you and your family so much for this very kind review of the anne Adventure tour i gave your family in May. a special thanks to your daughter for her glowing review of her experience. I have a great passion for what I do and the experiences i try to give to my guests and it is feedback like this that continues to fuel that passion to provide a professional and personal touch to my tour experiences. thank you so much to all of you . i do hope you'll return again someday, maybe with the new grand baby. Duncan