“great B&B - would stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cranford Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
Cranford Inn
You added Cranford Inn to your Saves list
177 Fitzroy Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 1S3, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 42 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Toronto
“great B&B - would stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while we were in Charlottetown. The Snapdragon has spaceous, comfortable and clean rooms. Our room had access to a shared balcony overlooking the garden which was nice. It's within easy walking distance to restaurants, shops and the waterfront. The breakfasts are excellent! We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
toronto, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

Nice place with very friendly, accomodating staff. Excellent breakfast-- fresh-cooked, just the right amount. Good sized, comfortable room and quite clean. Our room had a veranda and a view of the garden, which was also nice. Good location close to downtown, but quiet. Bed was a bit hard and had trouble sleeping the first night.

• Liked — delicious breakfast
  • Disliked — uncomfortable bed
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We visited for a wedding last week and found every thing here great. The staff was very very nice. Downtown an easy walk. Quiet street close to everything.
I have been visiting PEI for over 40 years, but never stayed near the city, it was great.
One thing I must note is the one 3 star review was done in 2004 (I think) and the current owner has only been running the place for 18 months. I found no lack of food if you wanted more just ask.
Clean, Clean, Clean. Quiet.

• Liked — Staff, clean
  • Disliked — it was booked the whole time we were there, so if we didn't get back early we had to park out front and the curb was high making getting out of the car tuff. Only happened if you were the last one back.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

The Snapdragon Bed and Breakfast, Chalottetown, Prince Edward Island is conveniently located within walking distance to many amenities. The breakfast there was superb! The hostess, Nadell, is helpful in giving travelling tips. It is a great place to stay! The garden there is a plus.

• Liked — It was modern and clean. The breakfast was generous and excellent!
  • Disliked — Everything was great!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Abaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

This was my first time at a B & B, so was a little hesitant to book. However, I am hooked from now on. The hospitality was wonderful, I ate breakfast every morning although I've always said "I'm not a breakfast person", because the waffles or eggs or french toast and delicious fruit salad were too good to pass up. I walked everywhere and I was visiting alone without my husband. I felt very secure and safe. It is so clean, you could eat off the floors. Nadell and Bruce are so nice, that you feel like you've known them forever. Whenever I visit Charlottetown again (and I will), I won't even bother looking for another accomodation. Why look around, when all is good right there?

• Liked — hospitality location cleanliness breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

We booked directly with the hostess of the Snapdragon Inn. Stayed here for 1 night with my parents on our travels of the East Coast. It was my parent's first experience at a B&B and now they are hooked!

We had very comfortable bed and cot for me in one of the upstairs bedrooms. THe Inn was bright and cheery and the hostess most pleasant. The balcony connected to our room gave a nice view of the garden. Bathroom was very clean and spacious. We were in close proximity to downtown Charlottetown. with ample parking on their front lot. Only complaint I would have is that as the house was full, there was a lot of noise from the gathering in the dining room during the evening until past 11 pm, so found it a little difficult to sleep after our long travels. However, I'm sure that this was due to the other guests and not the hostess.

Breakfast was small but beautifully presented. Overall a very pleasant stay. I would definitely stay here again if back in Charlotteotown, rather than any of the hotels I saw in the area.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

We stayed 2 nights at the Snapdragon and I highly recommend it. I was astounded at how clean the room was. It had good light, a great air conditioner with controls, a little veranda looking out onto a gorgeous yard, nice tub/bathroom, was spacious yet cozy.

My favorite thing about staying there was the breakfast. First they gave you a lovely parfait of fruit topped with fresh cream, then juice, then a tasty presentation of french toast. The next day the menu was different yet equally as yummy. There were 6 people sitting at a dining room table at a time. The conversation both days with other travelers was delightful.

Restaurants and a place to see shops and take a walk along the water were within walking distrance.

The innkeeper Nadell was warm, friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Liked — Cleanliness, hospitality of the staff
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cranford Inn? Share your experiences!