“Sorry I didn't think too much of this place” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 203 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Description: King's BBQ & Chinese Food proudly to service lots of satisfation customers since we opened. we always use freshest vegetable and highestqulity ingredian to prepar each dishes . we specalize on cantonese andszechuan food. come and experience our best authetic chinese food in KING'S BBQ &CHINESE FOOD .
Stratford, Canada
“Sorry I didn't think too much of this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I very much enjoy Chinese food, well good Chinese food that is. After reading a bunch of the reviews on this place I decided to order take out from them last night. The price wasn't bad, no complaints there, but the food was not that great. The fried rice was as hard as hard could be. Like the rice had not even been cooked at all. The General Tao chicken was not what I would consider General Tao Chicken. The chicken tasted like warmed up saw dust that was creamy. It is really had to describe. The sauce was almost like Ketchup with very little flavour at all. We did have a noodle dish as well which was very good as were the spring rolls. Both I would actually go back for. But the rest was not so good.

The staff there was very friendly and greeted you with a smile and made you feel at home.

Yes I would give them another chance but I would avoid the rice and chicken dishes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charlottetown
“Chinese Food for a Dozen: Very Good Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were a group that was looking for authentic Chinese food so we went to Kings. It was a wonderful experience. They were very accommodating. They were willing to make a menu just for us according to our preferences. We wanted to try authentic food, but we were picky (spicy/non-spicy, vegetarian). The lady made a personal buffet for our table, and the service was great. SO MUCH FOOD! We had egg roll/spring roll appetizers, and then the food kept coming for the main course. We would be full, and then she would bring out a new dish to try. It was definitely a good experience. (The cost came to approximately $13/person.) Kings is worth considering if you are looking for someplace to accommodate a group. Try their milk tea!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Fresh and authentic Chinese food in Charlottetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was a lot suspect of trying this restaurant since it does not look like much as you pass by on the street. After trying some of their spring rolls (which are excellent) at the multi-cultural festival one year I decided it was worth going in.

While the atmosphere of the place is nothing fancy, it was clear and the food is some of the best Chinese food I have ever had (and I have eaten Chinese food all over the world).

The thing that makes the place is that the food is seasoned correctly and that the vegetables are fresh and cooked to perfection.

I highly recommend adding some Chinese vegetables to your family order.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“The Best Chinese Food In Atlantic Canada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

After more than 10 years of traveling throughout Atlantic Canada, this is simply the best Cantonese Chinese food that I have experienced. Friendly folks and excellent service as well. If you are anywhere on PEI and craving great Chinese food this is the place to go!

Cornwall, Prince Edward Island
“A1 Service, Food & Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Best Chinese restaurant on Prince Edward Island... Great authentic Chinese food, generous portion, reasonable pricing, friendly service, ample free parking, near to PEI largest Mall, Charlottetown Mall and many hotels. If you are planning on vacationing in PEI, stay close to this fantastic restaurant and enjoy the cuisine everyday... By the way, this is the only restaurant in PEI that serves roasted duck and BBQ pork (Char Siew), they make themselves, fresh from the chef's Kitchen. You would go back for more, I'm sure... Enjoy and GOD Bless... Hallelujah!

Grateful for Simple Blessings