“Good place for lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
western Canada
“Good place for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It is not quite as good as it was as Maggies but the lunch menu is adequate. Good place for a group as the service is excellent. They are very good at catering to food needs such as celiacs.

Visited June 2014

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We enjoyed another fantastic meal at this great place!! And celeberated my mother in laws birthday their function room is so nice. Would highly recommend this place to anyone. We had the sunday breakfast buffet for $9.95. The staff were so attentive were in so much making sure we had coffee and water and pops.

Thank you so much for making my mother in laws special day that much better we will definatly have more functions in your room :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Just had a terrific lunch this afternoon. Food and service was excellent. I had the turkey dinner and was not disappointed. Restaurant was nice and warm on a chilly day. No complaints about anything!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlottetown, Canada
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I were out doing errands and decided to stop in on the way home for a bite to eat at Pedro's Island Eatery (formerly Maggie's Family Restaurant). What a treat that was. I ordered one of the many daily lunch specials for $9.95 (including a beverage and roll) and my husband ordered a la carte (his was the same price-I believe?).
I had the chicken curry served with basmatic rice and a crispy Indian bread. It was spicy and delicious. Not for the faint of heart!! The rice had some chopped carrot and red pepper and a few peas mixed in. The crispy Indian bread was hot and delicious. The portion was very generous. I also ordered a side order of veggies, which were quite tasty. My husband had the grilled chicken breast on a 6" baguette with fries. The chicken breast was a real recognizable grilled chicken breast served on a nice baguette with fresh tomato slices. The fries according to my husband (who is picky when it comes to fries) were great.
We were greeted by the Pedro's wife who seated us and left us with menus. Pedro, the owner, came by soon to greet us and answer any questions we had. He took our order and despite the fact that it was busy, we were served our food in a timely manner. Our food was pipping hot.
From start to finish, it was lovely lunch experience. The weather even co-operated!!
Great, friendly service and great food at great prices. I would definitely recommend Pedro's Island Eatery.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prince Edward Island
“Comfort food, but the jury is still out. Still, worth a try.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

It's not Maggie's any more; it's Pedro's. And you'll notice the reviews are not at all consistent. Some people love it and think the food is excellent; others complain about the food and don't like the attitude of the owner or his treatment of the staff. We went with a dozen other people, booking a separate room set up with four tables and there were no complaints - and some raves - about the food. Mine was excellent. It was "Carol's Signature Meatloaf", so you see what I mean about "comfort food". There were very positive comments about the pan-fried haddock, and the roast beef dinner, and the service was top notch and friendly. But unfortunately, we couldn't comment on the owner, because Pedro had the night off, leaving Joanne - a most personable lady - in charge. Others in our group had met Pedro and found him likeable and accommodating, and a far cry from some of the comments you'll read below. However, one member of the group who had been there before refused to come with us, saying that Pedro's comments were "inappropriate" when she was there earlier. So, you'll have to make up your own mind as to whether or not it's a pleasant experience, but the food is excellent, the service was great and the price was lower than you'd expect. In other words, Pedro's is really worth a try and certainly those who were with us that night would all be glad to go back again. I sincerely hope you'll enjoy it and I will be looking forward to reading further reviews.

• Visited January 2014