“Unique, Affordable, Clean cottages in the city!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel

You added Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel to your Saves list
Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   89 Malpeque Rd, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 7J9 , Canada   |
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Charlottetown
London, Canada
“Unique, Affordable, Clean cottages in the city!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Checked in June 30th for 4 nights in a cottage. Everythign was well kept, clean. Staff was friendly at check in and each morning i enjoyed watching the housekeepers rip around on the golf carts going unit to unit cleaning. Kitchen was well stocked with everything. Enjoyed coming home each evening and having the dishes all done what a treat that is!! Wifi worked better the 90% of the chains we stayed at on our trip. Location was good all the stores you could ever need are within a minute or two away. Beer store across the street. We were at the beach within 20. Its right on the highway which worried me but after about 6pm you would think its a residential street. I always enjoy staying in these smaller properties that have been around for a while. Phones in the room would be nice but just used the my cell and the toll free number for the property that was basically the same. Was really pleased to see the sign posted in the room warning about smoking and noise etc gave a sense of security. Overall good stay units are definately not new but who in this day and age is going to build cottages in the middle of city for rent. As long as they are clean which they are I can't complain becuase these properties are a rare find and when you find one as well kept as these were there is no reason to stay anywheres else

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
RoyaltyMaples, Owner at Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Your feedback is very much appreciated it. The phone system idea is something we have defiantly considered and will continue to into the future. Our goal is to continue to update and renovate the property each year and once we have to the level we are striving for we will then begin to add additional amenities. Over the past year we have replaced carpets in a number of units, updated bathrooms, updated older (noisy) air conditioners, LED 32in TV's in all cottages, headboards and curtains in the motel rooms, purchased all new higher thread count linens, new blankets and upgraded towels, face clothes, hand towels and bathmats. Along with that a 24 hour self serve check in machine is now available to allow guests to check in on their own schedule instead rushing for our office hours when they mention they will be a late arrival.

Thank you very much for your review and we hope to see you again for another stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had booked this place on Expedia, ended up we did not stay the night. Arrived to a dump. Looks like it was done in the 70s style, window all open, asked for non-smoking, this place reeked of cigarette smoke, no remote for the tv and when time to sleep the bed linens looked as if they had not been washed. Hair on the pillows. We left and found a hotel just up the street cheaper than this place and ten times as nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Taking advantage of this evening of rain while I am still staying here to write a few reviews on my stay and adventures in Charlottetown. This is a great spot it is our first visit to Charlottetown. I am here on business and decided to bring the family. I called up to reserve a few weeks ago now and got a great deal on a weekly stay.Stay 6 nights and the 7th is free was the special offer for weekly stays that sold me on the phone. We are in a 1 bedroom cottage for 99 a night. Can't get much cheaper then that. The room has 2 double beds, with a large closet and dresser which is nice to have when you are somewheres for a week. Kitchen living room combined and pull out couch in the living room which my son says is comfortable. The beds are comfortable as well I will add.

Everything was spotless when we checked in. Kitchen seems to have everything. I don't know if there is everything to cook a turkey dinner with I haven't found anything that we are missing at the moment Check in was nice and quick. Went back up to the desk once we got settled and the young man got all the information and maps of the area to get me started for the week. The room is a bit dated (wood paneling). The carpet must be newer it still seems to have that fresh new carpet smell and it looks to be in realy good shape. Bathroom is probably only a few years old. Kitchen is a little older. Nice TV flat panel larger size which is nice to have. The place is really clean and everything seems to being getting updated as it needs it and all the odler stuff is working and well maintained

Housekeeping has been great each day we are well stocked for everything we need they haven't missed a day. We've always had enough towels and supplies haven't had to ask for extra of anything.

One thing I must mention is the Internet which was a must when I called I asked how good it was and the person on the phone said it has to be one of the best around and that it never goes down and it was just upgraded this summer. He was right. I find hotel internet always slow and on and off and on and off this has been up for me and FAST FAST FAST.

Location has been good for me just turn right out of the parking lot and that road takes you right downtown. Only about 5 minutes if you hit all green lights.

All in all its a great spot. Its nice and quiet I have been able to get a bit of work done in the evening the kids have been outside playing in the worlds largest sandbox(a beach volleyball court). Its nice becuase the no vacancy sign has been up all week and I have noticed cars at all the units and it still doesn't feel busy here. The street out front is busy but you don't notice it at all over night or evening in the evening when your sitting out on your deck. I will be back if and when I return to PEI

One note some cottages seem to have a larger deck on them and look a little bigger these are a good size but they look like they would be a little larger not sure what the difference is beside the big deck.

Room Tip: Take a cottage its like your own little home!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Happy to discover Royalty Maples.
Clean,quiet and friendly.Will go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Chris and his staff are amazing! I shopped and compared all around Charlottetown & the Royaly Maples was by far the best value in town!! My 4yr old son was a big fan of the family friendly grounds and atmosphere!

Thank you Chris and Staff we will be back in October!

Robin & Rayner Smith
Calgary, Alberta

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We had 8 family members from 9 to 90. We all enjoyed out stay. 3 of the family are from England. For one, it was his first trip. The cottages are neat and clean. If we didn't have it, the staff got it for us. These cottages are minutes from everything in Charlottetown, and a great spot to situate for Island tours. A few minutes from the Beach. Half an hour of less from Cavendish.

Our next Island tour will definitely be from Royalty Maples Cottages. Did I mention the friendly staff???

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed in a motel unit for two nights at the beginning of our visit to PEI and again for two nights at the end. The first time we stayed we got unlucky and had noisy neighbors playing music or video games until late at night. This is not really the fault of the motel management except that I didn't see anything about quiet hours anywhere. And the walls are paper-thin. The motel is a bit out of town near some main roads, so it seems to draw an odd crowd. However, the second time we stayed it was perfectly quiet.

A bigger issue is that housekeeping in the motel unit was rather inconsistent. On our first stay, there were no bars of soap provided; we assumed this was standard (most of the place is cottages, after all) and went with it (there is a grocery store nearby) - but the second time we stayed there were bars of soap, and the second night there was even shampoo! Also the second time when we arrived there were no towels in the room so we had to ask for them. The housekeeper also threw away my shower cap between the first and second nights, which I was not pleased about - it was not something the motel had provided (I had gotten it from a different hotel, so it was the clear, cheap kind) so they should not have touched it.

The staff is very friendly and they also stored two suitcases for us between our two stays, so overall it is a decent place. Just not the highest standards around.

Room Tip: An end unit in the motel will ensure that your bed is against an outer wall instead of a shared wall...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel? Share your experiences!